Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:59:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If I started my own nation...  (Read 3454 times)
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:56:51 PM

so are we going in this any further?

let's pick an island and make plans how would we make it function and set up defenses if needed Cheesy
First we should probably pick an island and then we could start calculating the costs. We should probably buy the island as well, so we really just occupy our own island.

we should pick an island near western countries so we can focus on tourism sometime in the future

a decentralised utopia with legal weed and no taxes would surely attract some tourists Cheesy

the biggest island on privateislands.com is only 146 km2  Undecided

and that one isn't an option it's too close to Brasil..

blacksails (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:59:34 PM

let's pick an island and make plans how would we make it function and set up defenses if needed Cheesy
First we should probably pick an island and then we could start calculating the costs. We should probably buy the island as well, so we really just occupy our own island.

we should pick an island near western countries so we can focus on tourism sometime in the future
Therefore the Caribbean would be ideal. Or maybe the mediterranean. But the mediterranean gets cold during the winters and is much more expensive. The positive thing with it would be that we would have less risks of being invaded.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:05:40 PM

Therefore the Caribbean would be ideal. Or maybe the mediterranean. But the mediterranean gets cold during the winters and is much more expensive. The positive thing with it would be that we would have less risks of being invaded.

yes, but it would be a small island  Undecided

Cebaco island would be a good choise, but not mediterranean and only 14,9 km2

the biggest one in Europe is Dulichium Island, 5.4km2 Cheesy

but it also has around 4000 olive trees Cheesy

blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:11:32 PM

The smaller the island is, the easier it would be to get away with it without military involvement.
Otherwise this maybe? Quite big for the size and location! http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/modi-island

An alternative in the Caribbean would be: http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/grenell-and-horseshoe-caye
Kiki112

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:14:51 PM

The smaller the island is, the easier it would be to get away with it without military involvement.
Otherwise this maybe? Quite big for the size and location!

talking about Dullcium Island or Cebaco?

Dullcium island has a better location but a bigger price too Cheesy

besides, don't you think the EU would be overprotective for Greek islands?

blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:19:37 PM

Otherwise this maybe? Quite big for the size and location!

talking about Dullcium Island or Cebaco?

Dullcium island has a better location but a bigger price too Cheesy

besides, don't you think the EU would be overprotective for Greek islands?
I updated my post! Smiley

I wouldn't worry much about the EU. Too much bureaucracy for anything to happen. The only thing they would do would be to say we cannot join them. Another scenario would be that the EU tell the Greek government to sell us the territorial island so they get some more money. Cheesy
Kiki112

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:24:55 PM

Otherwise this maybe? Quite big for the size and location! http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/modi-island

An alternative in the Caribbean would be: http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/grenell-and-horseshoe-caye

way too small Modi Island is 0.02km2 and Grenell and Horseshoe (dat name haha Cheesy) 0.1659 km2  Undecided

Dulichium Island would be good 5.4km2 , but Cebaco is 3x the size Cheesy

blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:29:59 PM

way too small Modi Island is 0.02km2 and Grenell and Horseshoe (dat name haha Cheesy) 0.1659 km2  Undecided

Yeah, but those islands are much more expensive. Also since they're bigger it would be harder to get away with.
I think at least Modi would be enough. And if we need more space we'll just build floating islands around it.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:33:21 PM

Yeah, but those islands are much more expensive. Also since they're bigger it would be harder to get away with.
I think at least Modi would be enough. And if we need more space we'll just build floating islands around it.

yeah, but 0.02km2..

that's really small Cheesy

how could we build a country there?

our maximum capacity would be a 100 residents or what? Cheesy

blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:38:55 PM

yeah, but 0.02km2..

We'd have to build apartments houses to support our population. To become self-sustainable on food we'd build farms underground. And if we need more space we'll build floating islands where we can build more buildings!
Also 20 HA is 0.2km2!
Kiki112

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:44:00 PM

yeah, but 0.02km2..

We'd have to build apartments houses to support our population. To become self-sustainable on food we'd build farms underground. And if we need more space we'll build floating islands where we can build more buildings!
Also 20 HA is 0.2km2!

oh yeah sorry Cheesy

can we stop quoteing this? Cheesy

still, we can't go far underground (it's an island lol)

we need more space..

at least 5 km2..

this is too small..

there is no room for anything

blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:51:27 PM

oh yeah sorry Cheesy

we need more space..

at least 5 km2..

this is too small..

It's not that small. I mean it's still 200,000 square meters. There are lots of room to build. And if we need more land, we'll just expand the island!
Kiki112

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:08:03 PM

oh yeah sorry Cheesy

we need more space..

at least 5 km2..

this is too small..

It's not that small. I mean it's still 200,000 square meters. There are lots of room to build. And if we need more land, we'll just expand the island!

but on the damage of Greece, how long could we push that button? Cheesy

I mean, Greece probably wouldn't do anything but I'm consirned about the EU Cheesy

blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:11:20 PM

oh yeah sorry Cheesy

we need more space..

at least 5 km2..

this is too small..

but on the damage of Greece, how long could we push that button? Cheesy

I mean, Greece probably wouldn't do anything but I'm consirned about the EU Cheesy
Nah, Greece will not be able to afford any interventions lol! Cheesy
I don't think the European Union would do anything. As I earlier said, to much bureaucracy. Those pricks in Brussels are so full of themselves that they won't care at all.
gastronomic

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:29:51 PM

It sounds a bit hippie, but I'd join! Smiley
(I cannot guarantee I would kill though!)
Kiki112

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:34:30 PM

it's okay Cheesy

my trouble is that as it's too small we couldn't build harbors, airports etc.

blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:36:36 PM

it's okay Cheesy

my trouble is that as it's too small we couldn't build harbors, airports etc.
We could buy an old hangar ship for airport, and the harbour could be built outside from the island in concrete. Smiley
activecoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Just Do It!

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:50:17 PM

Why a nation anyway? You would be subject to international laws concerning commerce and human rights,I suggest a property belonging to a church or spiritual order of some type similar to the Vatican, leave out religion, add humanism,  adopt some of the Scientology policy's of governing your people along with some sort of so called democratic process, subject the people that would be a part of the island to the laws of the country they claim citizenship to and give all visitors a lei when they land on it.
Members of such a property would need to come from all points of the earth and there would need to be some sort of sponsor program for people to be considered.

P.S. Please appoint me as your leader  Wink

Energia

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 10:03:49 PM

Why a nation anyway? You would be subject to international laws concerning commerce and human rights,I suggest a property belonging to a church or spiritual order of some type similar to the Vatican, leave out religion, add humanism,  adopt some of the Scientology policy's of governing your people along with some sort of so called democratic process, subject the people that would be a part of the island to the laws of the country they claim citizenship to and give all visitors a lei when they land on it.
Members of such a property would need to come from all points of the earth and there would need to be some sort of sponsor program for people to be considered.

You mean he should blame it on religious beliefs?
activecoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Just Do It!

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:47:45 AM

You mean he should blame it on religious beliefs?

Blame? I read the thread through and have no idea what you mean. care to explain?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: