Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:25:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If I started my own nation...  (Read 3454 times)
blacksails (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:23:14 AM

Why a nation anyway? You would be subject to international laws concerning commerce and human rights,I suggest a property belonging to a church or spiritual order of some type similar to the Vatican, leave out religion, add humanism,  adopt some of the Scientology policy's of governing your people along with some sort of so called democratic process, subject the people that would be a part of the island to the laws of the country they claim citizenship to and give all visitors a lei when they land on it.
Members of such a property would need to come from all points of the earth and there would need to be some sort of sponsor program for people to be considered.

P.S. Please appoint me as your leader  Wink
You mean he should blame it on religious beliefs?

Blame? I read the thread through and have no idea what you mean. care to explain?
Honestly, I don't understand what you mean. Care to explain? Smiley
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:20:04 PM

Why a nation anyway? You would be subject to international laws concerning commerce and human rights,I suggest a property belonging to a church or spiritual order of some type similar to the Vatican, leave out religion, add humanism,  adopt some of the Scientology policy's of governing your people along with some sort of so called democratic process, subject the people that would be a part of the island to the laws of the country they claim citizenship to and give all visitors a lei when they land on it.
Members of such a property would need to come from all points of the earth and there would need to be some sort of sponsor program for people to be considered.

P.S. Please appoint me as your leader  Wink

I don't think bigger countries would like a new movement starting in their backyard..

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:46:00 PM

I would consider it only If I was able to come and go as I please.  And If if the nation is on this planet( I'd suspect it would be).  Then I'm gonna need a gun for sure.
blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:55:20 PM

I would consider it only If I was able to come and go as I please.  And If if the nation is on this planet( I'd suspect it would be).  Then I'm gonna need a gun for sure.
Why would we keep anyone there if they wanted to leave? Cheesy
And why would you need a gun on the island? Since none else would have a gun there would be none you'd have to defend yourself from!
actcoin

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:57:40 PM

Would allow cryptos in banks.
blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:02:23 PM

Would allow cryptos in banks.
What do you mean?
counter

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:03:02 PM

And why would you need a gun on the island? Since none else would have a gun there would be none you'd have to defend yourself from!

I'm just making sure I ask the question that need asking in regards to my freedom to come and go hehe.  As for the gun I think it would be nice to have some security on my person.  I suspect there will be guards on this island and they would have guns correct?  I think of my on an island with no weapon and I just get a uneasy feeling...
blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:10:37 PM

I'm just making sure I ask the question that need asking in regards to my freedom to come and go hehe.  As for the gun I think it would be nice to have some security on my person.  I suspect there will be guards on this island and they would have guns correct?  I think of my on an island with no weapon and I just get a uneasy feeling...
No, I'm thinking no guns at all. If there comes a need for any weapons for civil security purposes, then non-lethal weapons like stun guns would be enough. Of course everyone would be allowed to carry one.
As for guards the plan would be to let the inhabitants be the guards. If someone does something that the community does not approve with (like rape or assault) all inhabitants would be obligated to intervene.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:18:08 PM

I would consider it only If I was able to come and go as I please.  And If if the nation is on this planet( I'd suspect it would be).  Then I'm gonna need a gun for sure.

indeed, we would need some guns in order of foreign intervention, just to show we'll put up a fight Cheesy

I would consider it only If I was able to come and go as I please.  And If if the nation is on this planet( I'd suspect it would be).  Then I'm gonna need a gun for sure.

No, I'm thinking no guns at all. If there comes a need for any weapons for civil security purposes, then non-lethal weapons like stun guns would be enough. Of course everyone would be allowed to carry one.
As for guards the plan would be to let the inhabitants be the guards. If someone does something that the community does not approve with (like rape or assault) all inhabitants would be obligated to intervene.

you mean like a witch-hunt? Cheesy

blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:23:51 PM

you mean like a witch-hunt? Cheesy
Lol, not really, people would be free do do as they wish as long as their decisions would not put others and the society at risk. And if someone harms other people that person would have to be neutralized and disarmed. Pretty simple actually.
counter

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:29:19 PM

Ok then i like that idea if the people are the guards and not some separate group, that makes more sense.  I don't wonder about foreign threats more so then attacks form within.  I'm just making sure I'm not joining a cult by asking question really haha.  Seems like a good idea from over here.
lepirate

Activity: 541

Garbochock

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:55:05 PM

Sooo, have you decided where you will place it yet? Just so I know, and I'll come help building the nation for a few weeks during my summer holiday!
blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:13:02 PM

Sooo, have you decided where you will place it yet? Just so I know, and I'll come help building the nation for a few weeks during my summer holiday!
I don't think we have? Feel free to come with suggestions! Smiley
lepirate

Garbochock

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:15:29 PM

What would our budget be?
blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:22:48 PM

A few million dollars tops. We'd need to raise the money first, so the budget would be quite low.
lepirate

Garbochock

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:26:35 PM

A few million dollars tops. We'd need to raise the money first, so the budget would be quite low.
That Greek island you earlier mentioned sounds good to me. Not that expensive, and quite big. At least it's big enough to support a smaller population.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:30:14 PM

That Greek island you earlier mentioned sounds good to me. Not that expensive, and quite big. At least it's big enough to support a smaller population.

the 5km2 one or the 0.2km2 one?

lepirate

Garbochock

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:39:49 PM

the 5km2 one or the 0.2km2 one?
The 0.2km2 one. The price for the island is good, and the island is also big enough to hold a small population. And since we're on a low budget we have to take what would be the most realistic alternative. Also, the bigger the island is, the harder it will become getting away with declaring it a nation.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:44:27 PM

Well that is true, but that budget thing got me the most

Yes, it is the most realistic option..

gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:49:26 PM

If I started my own nation, would you join?
Would you be willing to by military means defend against the country from which we stole our territory from?
We would be a nation with the principles of "Be nice" (yes, marijuana would be legal).
We would be a nation where you only work a few hours a week with communal stuff like farming, fishing or building, and in exchange you'd get a house to live in and organic food (and most of the time you could whatever you want, like: lie on the beach and getting high).
Weapons would be banned unless we were invaded (there would be no reason to have them otherwise).
Hard drugs would be illegal (like heroin or cocain).
We would live in harmony with nature, and our electricity would be 100% renewable.
We would have a direct-democracy, so everyone could get their voice through.
Yeah, basically start an utopia?

Which of you would join?

I think you are talking about Monastery.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: