Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:20:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we merge mine DigiByte with Dogecoin?
Yes - 55 (52.9%)
No - 45 (43.3%)
Undecided - 4 (3.8%)
Total Voters: 104

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should DigiByte be merge mined with Dogecoin? | NYC Crytpo Booth  (Read 2952 times)
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 05:56:10 PM

The founder of Dogecoin made the suggestion that DigiByte could be merge mined with Dogecoin: http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/22hqm6/official_an_update_on_the_foundation_core/

We are very intrigued by this idea. What are your thoughts?

Also make sure to stop by our booth tomorrow at the NYC crypto convention and say hello!

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:52:17 PM

I believe the only thing this will accomplish is give "free coins" to people to dump. Every merge mined DGB is a DGB that person doesn't feel like they really had to mine for, it was a bonus. Why would they be inclined to hold it? Furthermore, why would a miner ever mine DGB directly when they can increase productivity by merged mining it? Won't this lead to an exodus of anyone interested in directly securing the network? Would this not just decrease buying interest and investor confidence in general?

I think merged mining is a fantastic idea for some coins, but DGB has already been birthed and lived with a different goal in mind. My concerns come mostly from an investor/miner's standpoint, so I guess my main question to you is - how do you see merged mining helping DGB achieve its goal of being an actively used consumer payment system?

You know, I want to disagree with you but cannot. I think this very thing is whats keeping Huntercoin's value low.
haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:10:03 PM

cryptolemaik +1

Besided that, I'm interested what the side effects would be regarding technical sovereignty? Would each coin still have the possibility for changes like diff and/or mining algo etc or are they tied up together?
Sorry if that sounds noobish Wink
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 07:38:21 PM

You don't pick a coin to be merged with. You can use any coin of the same algorithm

You just fork to add merged mining to your coin and anyone can be the parent chain. The parent won't even know the aux is there. You can literally use any coin and the backers of that coins mining will be merged at the same time without caring and instadump

To say its going merge mining so it can be with x coin is just a name drop

sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:45:50 PM

Fuck no.
appbox

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:56:27 PM

stupid idea.

we are the best, not a shit coin.

its a chance for dgb marketing?

no no no no, we need marketing? we just do something we need do.

complete the digimap goals, then, plan next. i will always support dgb team.

thats all.

【DigiByte is a professional & transparent decentralized cryptocurrency that has been designed to address several of the weaknesses of Bitcoin & Litecoin. 】

dont forgot, we are professional.

but, where is the professional point? just a slogan?

ok, merge mined with Dogecoin. then we are professional!!! because we mined with Dogecoin.

oh no! no one like this stupid idea.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Th3P

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:13:59 PM

I suggest people do some reading about the relationship between Doge and DGB before adding comments, As many people seem un-familiar with the past events

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/22hqm6/official_an_update_on_the_foundation_core/

There is countless threads and post by Shibes thanking and investing into DGB based on the assistance between the development teams on the implementation of Digishield.
I think people need to educate themselves on how and why this has come about before voting and making statements based solely on limited knowledge.
Pangia

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:25:43 PM

I suggest people do some reading about the relationship between Doge and DGB before adding comments, As many people seem un-familiar with the past events

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/22hqm6/official_an_update_on_the_foundation_core/

There is countless threads and post by Shibes thanking and investing into DGB based on the assistance between the development teams on the implementation of Digishield.
I think people need to educate themselves on how and why this has come about before voting and making statements based solely on limited knowledge.

+1

Yes. I didn't say it here, but thank you DGB and DigiByte community for coming to the rescue of Dogecoin from multipools with DigiShield.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 10:06:42 PM

Now you are letting emotion make decisions. Use facts and numbers, instead

vinipoars

Activity: 581
Merit: 507

To the moon!

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 03:58:11 AM

yes yes yes!  Grin

Strong community + strong devs = perfect combination.
(and a history of friendship and collaboration).
Th3P

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:39:10 AM

Now you are letting emotion make decisions. Use facts and numbers, instead

While I see where you are coming from, You make my point again. Fact need to be taken into consideration for any form of vote and looking into how and why this has come about "I feel" needs to be taken into account.
From a personal point of view, I am not sure whether it is a good idea I more sit on the fence.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:45:50 AM

Merged mining is a joke and just implodes the value of secondary chains unless the secondary blockchain is used for a utility purpose, such as peershares, XCP if done correctly, or what have you.

So the question is, who wants to be worth 0, Dogecoin, or Digibyte?  Not many people know what a Digibyte is, so I guess the conclusion of that poll will be obvious.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 07:05:04 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 11:34:42 AM by haggis

Here is what Doge thinks about merged mining with LTC:
http://www.coindesk.com/charlie-lee-proposes-merged-mining-litecoin-dogecoin/
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:38:18 PM

We shouldn't merge with doge..
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:46:42 PM

What is DigiByte's hashrate right now?
UmmaGumma

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:01:33 PM

Hi, dogecoin shibe here. I'd love to exlore, mine, hold and use coins under a common hashrate umbrella. I vote yes, but from a dogecoin perspective, obviously. Say: It is true that when I mine for DGB I'd also mine for dogecoins as well, right?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: