Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:48:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NiceHash.com - sell & buy hash rate cloud mining service / multipool  (Read 794135 times)
nicehashdev

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:31:59 PM

Who does compile his own sgminer, you can start testing extranonce subscription feature, which enables no more reconnects during order switch.

https://github.com/bitbandi/sgminer/commits/nicehash-extranonce
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:04:49 PM

Who does compile his own sgminer, you can start testing extranonce subscription feature, which enables no more reconnects during order switch.

https://github.com/bitbandi/sgminer/commits/nicehash-extranonce
Awesome.

So, the miner sends a subscribe to extranonce updates before auth, telling the server it supports extranonce updates.  Then, the server sends a stratum notification when the extranonce needs to change?

Looks clean.  Will throw this on my rigs and see how it goes.
nicehashdev

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:11:54 PM

Yes, miner subscribes to extranonce changes and receives extranonce updates just like job updates. If miner does not subscribe to extranonce, server will never send mining.set_extranonce. With set_extranonce, next work has to be built with new extranonce. The sequence of methods send from NiceHash is following when switching order:

mining.set_extranonce
mining.set_difficulty
mining.notify

That means switching order is as fast as changing work/job. No more reconnects. If there are orders paying less than what you want, you will be of course disconnected.
qbitx

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:08:05 PM

Yes, miner subscribes to extranonce changes and receives extranonce updates just like job updates. If miner does not subscribe to extranonce, server will never send mining.set_extranonce. With set_extranonce, next work has to be built with new extranonce. The sequence of methods send from NiceHash is following when switching order:

mining.set_extranonce
mining.set_difficulty
mining.notify

That means switching order is as fast as changing work/job. No more reconnects. If there are orders paying less than what you want, you will be of course disconnected.

Does this fork of sgminer address the idle bug, or is that still a work in progress?
nicehashdev

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:10:19 PM

mining.set_extranonce
mining.set_difficulty
mining.notify

Does this fork of sgminer address the idle bug, or is that still a work in progress?

Work in progress.
comeonalready

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:50:55 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 01:24:51 AM by comeonalready

mining.set_extranonce
mining.set_difficulty
mining.notify

Work in progress.

Several days ago I was investigating this idle bug to satisfy my own curiosity and offered to provide the fix to you for free if I found it.  I found and fixed it two days ago, but you had already hired someone else to do the work instead, so obviously I can no longer give it away for nothing.  Today, that person contacted me for some information about the bug, so I assume he has not yet found it.  I have no doubt that he or someone else eventually will, but how long it will take is anyone's guess, as it is nested pretty deeply in the muck.

I offered the fix to you for a token amount -- a quarter of what you were paying him -- and also to send the fix in advance of payment for verification, but you declined.  So how long it remains a work in progress is really up to you...
nicehashdev

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:31:15 AM

I gave your contact to elbandi - from here on, it is his choice whether he wants to solve it on his own or use your solution and give you cut out of his reward.
comeonalready

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:54:33 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 03:32:32 AM by comeonalready

I gave your contact to elbandi - from here on, it is his choice whether he wants to solve it on his own or use your solution and give you cut out of his reward.

We (all three of us) are apparently a stubborn lot.

Nicehash currently has more orders than it can fill.  At 4% rake and 6.2 BTC/GH/Day, if miners with only 1GH/s worth of scrypt hashpower alone are staying away because of this idle bug, then that equates to approximately 0.25 BTC per day lost in incremental revenue.  As two days have gone by, that makes approximately 0.5 BTC potentially lost.  Tomorrow will make 0.75 BTC if the fix is not found.  There have been repeated posts here from miners who are experiencing this problem stating that they can not use nicehash again until it is addressed.  And when you do solve the problem, you might just land a mega-miner.  Who is in charge of making the financial decisions there?
elbandi

Activity: 525
Merit: 529

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:13:43 AM

All cgminer and clones are affected in this idlebug. Thus, pls send the fix to the author of cgminer. If the patch is really good, he will accept it and merge to cgminer. And you'll get what you deserve and everyone will be happy.  Cheesy
comeonalready

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:19:28 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 03:28:53 AM by comeonalready

All cgminer and clones are affected in this idlebug. Thus, pls send the fix to the author of cgminer. If the patch is really good, he will accept it and merge to cgminer. And you'll get what you deserve and everyone will be happy.  Cheesy

You only chose to work on this project because a fee was offered.  So are you really suggesting that I should now offer my solution for free?  I'll pass.  And as I have already stated, you will probably eventually be able to find and fix the problem too, but what value do you place on your time?
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:19:37 PM

My 'idle miner' patch that has been effective on my rigs is a single line change:

in util.c, auth_stratum function

Either immediately before or immediately after the 'JSON stratum auth failed' applog, add one line:
Code:
pool->idle = true;

This correctly marks the pool as 'Dead,' after a failed stratum auth, and the next alive pool will be chosen.  Because the pool is marked idle, a reconnect attempt will be made periodically. If auth is succesful, the pool is marked 'Alive,' and mining resumes.

Without this 1 liner, the pool is still seen as alive after a failed auth. So, sgminer sits and waits for work even tho the connection was not successful. (Truthfully, the connection and auth are seperate ideas in the stratum protocol, so you can connect but fail auth, in which case you did 'connect' successfully).

Note, of course, I offer this 1 line of code with no warranty whatsoever. You have been warned! ;-]
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8923

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 03:46:05 PM

Note, of course, I offer this 1 line of code with no warranty whatsoever. You have been warned! ;-]

You did it all wrong, fixes like that are supposed to come with blackmail, what's with all this giving stuff away for free  Shocked Grin
comeonalready

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:20:49 PM

You did it all wrong, fixes like that are supposed to come with blackmail, what's with all this giving stuff away for free  Shocked Grin

Clearly you misunderstand the definition of blackmail.  Here's help:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/blackmail
comeonalready

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:44:36 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 05:33:57 PM by comeonalready

My 'idle miner' patch...

Your solution is partially effective but you are foolish to just give it away.  The hired developer will earn a profit from using your hack (1 BTC), and you will get nothing (0 BTC).  Not one person here is mining for free regardless of what they claim, and each will eventually stop mining when they deem it unprofitable as cryptocoins have no intrinsic value whatsoever.

When nicehash grows to 20GH/s, they will be using your work to earn approximately 5 BTC in fees daily, meanwhile you have earned nothing from being smarter than them.  But is giving it to them for free really that smart in retrospect?  I think not.

You had usable workaround, you had an advantage as a miner, you had leverage over nicehash, and you gave it all away for nothing, presumably because you have some sort of desperate need for approval by strangers on the internet -- some of whom will appease you by telling you how great you are, but only because you just handed out your profits to them.  I'll give you my btc address and if you send me some btc, I'll tell you that you're great too.
nicehashdev

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:41:52 PM

If this "patch" works well, we will not forget about you phzi. I promise you that.
comeonalready

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:51:23 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 06:35:31 PM by comeonalready

If this "patch" works well, we will not forget about you phzi. I promise you that.

That's right...  He will not forget what a fool you were to give it up for nothing.

I offered a comprehensive fix to him for less than what nicehash lost in potential incremental revenue over the last three days and he was too stubborn to make an intelligent business decision, so he too is a fool for not having accepted the deal.  And by insulting him right now, I am implanting in him the urge to send a token payment to you for having providing a workaround, simply to 'punish' me for being a capitalist -- which he is himself!  You're welcome.

As for the problem with idle miners - I have not observed failed auths in these cases. I see the pool accepting the auth request with p=, but not being able to provide work. This seems to occur when there are jobs at the desired profitability, but those jobs are already maxed on miner (no slots available). The pool keeps the connection open and allows the auth innappropriately.  If I set p high enough that no jobs are available (full or not),  this doesn't happen.

My patch is hacky and I don't plan to publish it. Besides, right now it is giving me an advantage... why would I share when you have made this system competitive instead of fair/proportional?

And what exactly happened between then and now?  If you had this hacky fix, then why did you not provide it to nicehash earlier?  

Why change your mind now?  Did you fall deeper into depression, needing more attention from strangers to help bring you out of it?

Why would you even need a fix since all you do is stare at your miners all day anyway?

What happens in a few days when you are feeling depressed again?  Will you repeat the cycle?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 06:06:42 PM

Clearly you misunderstand the definition of blackmail.  Here's help:

So you're teaching me English now. Presumably because you have some sort of desperate need for approval by strangers on the internet?
comeonalready

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:19:17 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 06:48:23 PM by comeonalready

You did it all wrong, fixes like that are supposed to come with blackmail, what's with all this giving stuff away for free  Shocked Grin

Clearly you misunderstand the definition of blackmail.  Here's help:

So you're teaching me English now. Presumably because you have some sort of desperate need for approval by strangers on the internet?

I felt sorry for you, and naturally I wanted to help someone less fortunate as I thought it cost me nothing to do so.  But it turns out you're right after all.  To educate you is to diminish my advantage over you.  I won't make that mistake again.

Clearly you are an internet parrot -- and one who will attempt to abruptly change the subject in order to help deflect attention from the fact that he did not properly understand the definition of blackmail after erroneously accusing me of such.
dloganbill

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:33:13 PM

Back on topic, Nicehash, what happened to all the high paying jobs?  Let's get those rolling again!  I need to ROI before Titan etc lands!

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 07:34:25 PM

So much butthurt over 1 BTC Roll Eyes

A person half as smart as comeonwhatshisorhername pretends to be would have made that much in less time than it took to come up with this little blackmail scheme (look, that word again, call CRA quick, BTW is blackmail income taxable?). But then again, where's the fun in that.

I'm just framing the stuff below for future reference. Maybe for blackmail  Grin

Several days ago I was investigating this idle bug to satisfy my own curiosity and offered to provide the fix to you for free if I found it.  I found and fixed it two days ago, but you had already hired someone else to do the work instead, so obviously I can no longer give it away for nothing.  Today, that person contacted me for some information about the bug, so I assume he has not yet found it.  I have no doubt that he or someone else eventually will, but how long it will take is anyone's guess, as it is nested pretty deeply in the muck.

I offered the fix to you for a token amount -- a quarter of what you were paying him -- and also to send the fix in advance of payment for verification, but you declined.  So how long it remains a work in progress is really up to you...

Great work on the extranonce protocol extension by the way.

Nicehash currently has more orders than it can fill.  At 4% rake and 6.2 BTC/GH/Day, if miners with only 1GH/s worth of scrypt hashpower alone are staying away because of this idle bug, then that equates to approximately 0.25 BTC per day lost in incremental revenue.  As two days have gone by, that makes approximately 0.5 BTC potentially lost.  Tomorrow will make 0.75 BTC if the fix is not found.  There have been repeated posts here from miners who are experiencing this problem stating that they can not use nicehash again until it is addressed.  And when you do solve the problem, you might just land a mega-miner.  Who is in charge of making the financial decisions there?

Clearly you misunderstand the definition of blackmail.  Here's help:

Your solution is partially effective but you are foolish to just give it away.  The hired developer will earn a profit from using your hack (1 BTC), and you will get nothing (0 BTC).  Not one person here is mining for free regardless of what they claim, and each will eventually stop mining when they deem it unprofitable as cryptocoins have no intrinsic value whatsoever.

When nicehash grows to 20GH/s, they will be using your work to earn approximately 5 BTC in fees daily, meanwhile you have earned nothing from being smarter than them.  But is giving it to them for free really that smart in retrospect?  I think not.

You had usable workaround, you had an advantage as a miner, you had leverage over nicehash, and you gave it all away for nothing, presumably because you have some sort of desperate need for approval by strangers on the internet -- some of whom will appease you by telling you how great you are, but only because you just handed out your profits to them.  I'll give you my btc address and if you send me some btc, I'll tell you that you're great too.

That's right...  He will not forget what a fool you were to give it up for nothing.

I offered a comprehensive fix to him for less than what nicehash lost in potential incremental revenue over the last three days and he was too stubborn to make an intelligent business decision, so he too is a fool for not having accepted the deal.  And by insulting him right now, I am implanting in him the urge to send a token payment to you for having providing a workaround, simply to 'punish' me for being a capitalist -- which he is himself!  You're welcome.

As for the problem with idle miners - I have not observed failed auths in these cases. I see the pool accepting the auth request with p=, but not being able to provide work. This seems to occur when there are jobs at the desired profitability, but those jobs are already maxed on miner (no slots available). The pool keeps the connection open and allows the auth innappropriately.  If I set p high enough that no jobs are available (full or not),  this doesn't happen.

My patch is hacky and I don't plan to publish it. Besides, right now it is giving me an advantage... why would I share when you have made this system competitive instead of fair/proportional?

And what exactly happened between then and now?  If you had this hacky fix, then why did you not provide it to nicehash earlier?  

Why change your mind now?  Did you fall deeper into depression, needing more attention from strangers to help bring you out of it?

Why would you even need a fix since all you do is stare at your miners all day anyway?

What happens in a few days when you are feeling depressed again?  Will you repeat the cycle?

I felt sorry for you, and naturally I wanted to help someone less fortunate as I thought it cost me nothing to do so.  But it turns out you're right after all.  To educate you is to diminish my advantage over you.  I won't make that mistake again.

Clearly you are an internet parrot -- and one who will attempt to abruptly change the subject in order to help deflect attention from the fact that he did not properly understand the definition of blackmail after erroneously accusing me of such.

Ross, look what I found.  Are you properly reporting all of your income from cryptocoin mining and trading activities?  Better hope you are, because I know what agency is getting your contact information!  Good luck with that...

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/gncy/nvstgtns/lds/menu-eng.html

And no, this is not blackmail either because I don't want anything in return for not providing this information to the Canada Revenue Agency.  There is a price for everything in this world.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: