Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:53:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NiceHash.com - sell & buy hash rate cloud mining service / multipool  (Read 794152 times)
nicehashdev

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:50:43 PM

Does the crash happen ever if you don't have this pool as backup pool?
Pfool

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 05:21:38 PM

Does the crash happen ever if you don't have this pool as backup pool?

No, the crash does not happen.

Thanx Wink
BTC: 19wv8FQKv3NkwTdzBCQn1AGsb9ghqBPWXi
kenshirothefist (OP)

Activity: 457
Merit: 273

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:31:43 PM

Short info for buyers: we've improved compatibility with many popular pools (such as ipominer.com, manicminer.in, chunkypools.com, miningpoolhub.com, etc.) therefore all orders using the most popular pools should work flawlessly. If you do have some issues with some specific pool, please do not hesitate to let me know about the issues via PM. Thanks!
kenshirothefist (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:58:02 PM

Quick info: we've updated beta version of sgminer that adds extranonce1 feature when switching orders, you are welcome to test it and please report any issues to nicehashdev: https://github.com/bitbandi/sgminer/. Thanks for help!
nicehashdev

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 06:44:46 PM

If you have Windows based miner, you can check Windows build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzq7ia595o785ey/sgminer-win32.zip
dloganbill

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:09:33 PM

Some improvements were applied, most noticeable one is: Fair way for paying providers. It does not matter the order your miners work on, your miners are paid average sum, according to how much work (shares) was provided by them each minute.
I'm glad to see this implemented, but how does this affect the p=xxx minimum? Will you drop me if the job I'm mining is below the minimum or if the average payout is below minimum?

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
nicehashdev

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:31:05 PM

Your p= is now checked against "Currently paying", which you can see on the main page.

To all providers on NiceHash. Please, test out new sgminer with added functionalities that makes your mining on NiceHash faster and with less bugs.

Source & linux: https://github.com/bitbandi/sgminer
Windows 32-bit binaries: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzq7ia595o785ey/sgminer-win32.zip
greatwolf

Activity: 230

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:41:33 PM

Some improvements were applied, most noticeable one is: Fair way for paying providers. It does not matter the order your miners work on, your miners are paid average sum, according to how much work (shares) was provided by them each minute.

A welcomed improvement. Now if only something can be done about those pesty rejects. In particular I notice that rejects come in batches and streaks. For example, if the next submitted share is rejected then the probability is high that the next several consecutive shares will also get rejected. It's almost like there's a new block or new work but the server didn't notify the miner in time. This causes higher than desirable reject rates when compared to your classic multipool.
nicehashdev

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:45:42 PM

Where are you from? NiceHash has 0.5 second window to treat stale shares as valid after new work is provided. But if you live far away (like Australia or Asia), then I believe you will get high reject rate yes.
greatwolf

Activity: 230

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:58:17 PM

Where are you from? NiceHash has 0.5 second window to treat stale shares as valid after new work is provided. But if you live far away (like Australia or Asia), then I believe you will get high reject rate yes.

I'm in US west coast.
dloganbill

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:28:37 AM

I too have a ridiculous amount of rejects and HW when mining here. I jumped over to wemineall for about 24 hrs and my rejects went down to <2% with no HW.  I really like Nicehash, but this isn't sustainable for me.
Here is what I typically see:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=524770.msg6384125#msg6384125

Btw, I'm using Hashra mini Controlla. Two rpi with 10 gridseeds each. Does anyone else have similar issues, or am I alone? I'm in central USA.

From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
nicehashdev

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:33:02 PM

HW errors mark either real hardware errors or wrong configuration of mining software. No wonder you are getting rejects. You should fix the hardware/software, then reject rate will drop down.
kenshirothefist (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:55:12 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 07:20:39 PM by kenshirothefist

There are some decent paying Scrypt-A-Nfactor orders ... if you have Scrypt-A-Nfactor you can get some good payouts, check here: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?a=2 and point your miner to stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3335

We advice you to use multi-algorithm configuration (if you're using latest sgminer)

"pools" : [
        {
                "name" : "NiceHash Scrypt-A.-Nfactor",
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3335",
                "user" : "myBTCaddress",
                "algorithm" : "nscrypt",
                "nfactor" : "11"
        },
        {
                "name" : "NiceHash Scrypt",
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3333",
        },
        {
      "name" : "mybackuppool",
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://mybackuppool",
                "pass" : "x"
        }
]
"kernel" : "zuikkis",
... etc ...
dloganbill

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:02:56 PM

HW errors mark either real hardware errors or wrong configuration of mining software. No wonder you are getting rejects. You should fix the hardware/software, then reject rate will drop down.

Well if you read my post, you'll see that I mined at another pool to verify that my hardware and software were fine.  It is a problem with Nicehash not playing nice with Hashra Controlla.

kenshirothefist (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:09:41 PM

Well if you read my post, you'll see that I mined at another pool to verify that my hardware and software were fine.  It is a problem with Nicehash not playing nice with Hashra Controlla.

Please verify that you're using the Hashra Controlla version with BFGMiner. The latest version supports scrypt only (bfgminer), SHA-256 (cgminer) only or dual-mining mode (cpuminer + cgminer), and since cpuminer and cgminer3.7.2 is not supported with NiceHash, you should run the scrypt-only version with BFGMiner. If you can, please verify that your using the version with bfgminer and please report if you had any success, any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
dloganbill

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:15:19 PM

I am running the latest version (1.4.0) in scrypt only mode. The log shows bfgminer as well.

nicehashdev

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:20:35 PM

If this was general issue of NiceHash, then everone would be having such bad reject rate, but there are plenty of miners with less than 1% of rejects, often 0%.

Your miner should not provide any HW errors, regardless of what data is being sent from the pool. If the data type effects HW error rate, this is clearly a software issue on your side. HW errors on miners tell you about concurrency threads data overlapping thus causing errors. This is due to malconfiguration in most cases (on standard GPU cards, you get this when you set incorrect thread concurrency according to intensity, but more can miner devs tell you about this).
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8982

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 08:15:28 PM

If this was general issue of NiceHash, then everone would be having such bad reject rate, but there are plenty of miners with less than 1% of rejects, often 0%.

Your miner should not provide any HW errors, regardless of what data is being sent from the pool. If the data type effects HW error rate, this is clearly a software issue on your side. HW errors on miners tell you about concurrency threads data overlapping thus causing errors. This is due to malconfiguration in most cases (on standard GPU cards, you get this when you set incorrect thread concurrency according to intensity, but more can miner devs tell you about this).

On Gridseeds HW errors are not necessarily hardware errors. Yes, it's stupid like that. A quick experiment can prove that - unplug the network cable of a few seconds, plug it back in, HW may start showing up if the gridseed returns hashes for the work that is not valid anymore. In other words, connectivity or other issues that cause rejects may as well be causing HW on Gridseeds .
nicehashdev

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:03:52 PM

On Gridseeds HW errors are not necessarily hardware errors. Yes, it's stupid like that. A quick experiment can prove that - unplug the network cable of a few seconds, plug it back in, HW may start showing up if the gridseed returns hashes for the work that is not valid anymore. In other words, connectivity or other issues that cause rejects may as well be causing HW on Gridseeds .

And that boils down to bad mining software, nothing else.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8982

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 09:17:19 PM

And that boils down to bad mining software, nothing else.

I don't know how you got that from my explanation. If you take a perfectly fine Gridseed farm that gets 2% rejects on a regular pool, point it to nicehash, and start getting 10%+ rejects, how is that "nothing else"? All I was saying, that with Gridseeds HWs are not the same as with GPUs, and yes the software is brain dead for reporting them that way, but they are not caused by said software. The fact is that nicehash in some cases produces a significantly higher reject rate than other pools. I would like to have these cases isolated, explained, and possibly fixed, rather than dismissed as "bad mining software". And by the way my own experience shows high reject rates with the latest sgminer on an R9 rig, so clearly not Gridseed or software issue.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: