Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:33:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Solution To The IRS Bitcoin Compliance Problem…  (Read 1839 times)
Sage (OP)

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:04:06 PM

Am I the only one to say what everyone is thinking?

2 words...

1 - Civil
2 - Disobedience!

The power to tax is the power to destroy.   But that power to destroy requires your voluntary compliance.  Are you going to be culpable in Bitcoin's destruction in the USSA?

There is simply no way Bitcoin can co-exist with the Federal Reserve cartel.  They will use every tool at their disposal to destroy it.  

Get on the right side of history.  The Federal Reserve & their collection agency, the IRS, is a dying dinosaur.

While that dinosaur dies, there's plenty of ways to purchase, trade, store & spend Bitcoins in complete anonymity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
skooter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:06:38 PM

Why don't you start a company with the name NORFED (National Organization for the Repeal of the Federal Reserve Act and the Internal Revenue Code) to promote bitcoin with?

I'm sure that'll go well for you.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:07:20 PM

Whatever your political opinion is on the matter, Bitcoin probably will always have an element to it that is "off the records".

But what is stopping the Government from instituting policies that make that difficult/impossible ?

Didn't they recently eliminate all the offshore havens?

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Sage (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:08:43 PM

Why don't you start a company with the name NORFED (National Organization for the Repeal of the Federal Reserve Act and the Internal Revenue Code) to promote bitcoin with?

I'm sure that'll go well for you.

To quote a mentor of mine:

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Sage (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:12:47 PM

-B-

With crypto currencies the concept of offshore haven has become obsolete.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:15:18 PM

Yes.
Obsolete because its just morphed into a virtual form. 
My question still stands.   Whats stopping them?

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:16:22 PM

The solution is to just ignore them. The IRS has absolutely no idea how much I made selling bitcoin over the last year, and they don't deserve a penny of it anyway.

Don't give the IRS a dime or satoshi unless you support all the bullshit USA does with your money (like blowing up innocent people, bank bailouts, welfare for fat, lazy people and single moms, police state, etc, etc)

I'm grumpy!!
Sage (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:18:02 PM

Yes.
Obsolete because its just morphed into a virtual form. 
My question still stands.   Whats stopping them?

A better question.  What enables them?  Apathetic, fear driven ignorance... that's what.

Crypto currencies will be the end of the fed.  It won't be some silly organization or petition that does it.
skooter

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:18:46 PM

The solution is to just ignore them. The IRS has absolutely no idea how much I made selling bitcoin over the last year, and they don't deserve a penny of it anyway.

Don't give the IRS a dime or satoshi unless you support all the bullshit USA does with your money (like blowing up innocent people, bank bailouts, welfare for fat, lazy people and single moms, police state, etc, etc)

Yeah, until someone files this form:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f3949a.pdf

or this form:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f211.pdf

and you get audited.

Better not tell anyone who knows you IRL that you made a ton of money selling bitcoin.
Sage (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:23:16 PM

or this form:

and you get audited.

Better not tell anyone who knows you IRL that you made a ton of money selling bitcoin.

How does your head feel under that jackboot mate?  You let their fear & intimidation tactics keep it there.

Civil disobedience has never been without risk.  Nor has it ever been more necessary.

Luckily there's a host of tools that allow for non-violent civil disobedience through use of crypto currency anonimizers.

They can't prosecute what they can't prove!
anonuser777

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:33:07 PM

If one was so inclined, you could use cash to buy/sell BTC on craigslist (via tor) and then keep your mouth shut.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:38:02 PM

or this form:

and you get audited.

ooooohh...I'm so scared. Do you check under your bed at night for IRS monsters too? Are you still in diapers?

Don't bother replying. I already ignored you.

I'm grumpy!!
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:52:02 PM

OP, how about you become a productive member of society and learn something about giving back to your community? Kiss
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:53:35 PM

OP, how about you become a productive member of society and learn something about giving back to your community? Kiss

Tell that to the IRS. If you work in the private sector, you already play your part in society.

I'm grumpy!!
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:56:22 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 12:00:05 AM by atp1916

OP, how about you become a productive member of society and learn something about giving back to your community? Kiss

Tell that to the IRS. If you work in the private sector, you already play your part in society.

I do work in the private sector.  However, I ain't gonna get into it with you Libertarians and assorted anarchist types, except:

Government isn't going anywhere.  Oversight/regulation isn't going anywhere. Taxation isn't going anywhere. Fiat isn't going anywhere.  LE isn't going anywhere.  Banks aren't going anywhere.  The Fed isn't going anywhere.

Grow up. Stop whining and pay your taxes like a man.  Reform the system with civility, patience, and reason.

Adios, and if you want - feel free to hit that ignore button on me anytime.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:07:24 PM

bitcoin has not changed anything in regards to taxes.

basically, as soon as you receive a hand full of FIAT, you have to declare it. no matter what the source is.. that has never changed.

the IRS has not said it will remove property from you, just by holding property. but it does state that when you finally receive FIAT either from employment or selling large scale property (basically ignore the coffee or sandwich amounts as they are meaningless) then you have to pay tax.

this has never changed. whether your selling artwork or bitcoins.

before thinking the government has changed the goalposts of taxation and you want to start a riot. atleast spend an hour with an accountant as most people shouting "riot", "revolt". seem to be people that have no real life taxation knowledge.

the world has not suddenly imploded, so calm down. in my eyes the IRS has done everyone a favor by stating that bitcoin is a valid store of wealth to the point that it should be treated like a valuable asset such as a car, artwork, jewellry. and that bitcoin is not monopoly money(valueless credit used only for entertainment)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Sage (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:44:45 AM

Are you really so ignorant as to believe that the income tax gives back to your community?

The government's own Grace commission proved that 100% of that income tax goes to pay the interest on the debt.  In other words, back into the banksters hands.

...Only to be used to further enslave the world through baseless, endless wars of aggression.

You want to be productive member of humanity?  The very best thing you can do then is stop feeding that monster that causes so much pain & suffering in the world.
amspir

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:10:48 AM

-B-

With crypto currencies the concept of offshore haven has become obsolete.

Bitcoin is simply not that big yet.   Less than $6 billion market cap, while the estimated wealth of Americans stored in offshore tax havens is $21 - $32 trillion.  Bitcoin has a way to go on that front.

Sage (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:17:38 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 05:37:03 AM by Sage

Grow up. Stop whining and pay your taxes like a man.  Reform the system with civility, patience, and reason.

Adios, and if you want - feel free to hit that ignore button on me anytime.

Non-violent civil disobedience has always been & will forever be the very most "civil" way to reform the system.

The system is never going to be reformed from within.  The game is completely rigged so that can never happen.  

The only way out of this mess is to create conditions & structures that make the current paradigm obsolete.

We finally have that.  It's called crypto currencies.  And anyone would be and idiot to let IRS fear and intimidation kill it!

It's your best ticket out.  Fucking use it!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 03:29:16 AM

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/10/us/little-known-health-act-fact-prison-inmates-are-signing-up.html?_r=0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_in_the_United_States

In total, 6,977,700 adults were under correctional supervision (probation, parole, jail, or prison) in 2011 – about 2.9% of adults in the U.S. resident population.[11]

http://www.chron.com/opinion/outlook/article/Krugman-Obamacare-s-7-million-sign-ups-shows-us-5377687.php

Any questions?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: