Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:28:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to accept bitcoin via shopping cart without bitpay or some other 3rd party  (Read 1185 times)
karmahauntsyou (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:41:11 PM

Does anyone know any shopping cart software or cart modules that will allow one to accept bitcoin online without relying on bitpay or some other 3rd party?

Because bitcoin is about being able to remove banks from the equation and not rely on a 3rd party, then it seems like relying on bitpay or coinbase is kind of defeating the whole point.

Now, there are carts and cart modules that allow "generic payment" or "cash via mail" which would allow someone to order and then send the bitcoin, at which point I'd have to manually check and verify that they actually did pay. This would be acceptable although not perfectly ideal. But even with this, I would need a cart or module that lists all my cart prices in bitcoin and dollars, and then tells them the correct amount of bitcoin to send at the end of checkout.

Does anyone know of cart software that can do this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:43:27 PM

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bitcoin-payments-for-woocommerce/

Wordpress and woocommerce are both free platforms, and that plugin allows you to use blockchain.info, or preferably, an electrum wallet master seed.
LAMarcellus

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:58:53 PM

I believe zencart has this function.
It's open source free ware I think.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. – Albert Camus
Legal Counsel Zhou (PRC)

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:50:27 AM

he wants payments made on his website to arrive on his own personal computer wallet.dat - not on a web wallet / wallet company of any sort. actually, im looking for the same thing too... any real plugins? (that do not rely on wallet websites/wallet companies/wallet services!! just straight to my own wallet.dat)
Rulishix

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:55:19 AM

Something that allows the usage of bitcoin qt? Hmmmmm. If someone could develop that then they could make a nice sum of money!
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:58:51 AM

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bitcoin-payments-for-woocommerce/

Wordpress and woocommerce are both free platforms, and that plugin allows you to use blockchain.info, or preferably, an electrum wallet master seed.

blockchain.info is a great option since they do not have your private keys.

Rulishix

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:04:06 AM

Blockchain.info can suck it as coins can still be stolen since they are online. I trust my own computer and nothing else since exchanges go down, get hacked or lose liquidity but my computer is still here and that means my coins are still here!
Rawted

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:11:14 AM

he wants payments made on his website to arrive on his own personal computer wallet.dat - not on a web wallet / wallet company of any sort. actually, im looking for the same thing too... any real plugins? (that do not rely on wallet websites/wallet companies/wallet services!! just straight to my own wallet.dat)
https://electrum.org/faq.html
Legal Counsel Zhou (PRC)

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:14:09 AM

yeah, and now a plugin for my checkout page please? www.dinodirect.com but we want the money to arrive on our personal computer - not a web company/service/page
Rawted

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:41:58 PM

yeah, and now a plugin for my checkout page please? www.dinodirect.com but we want the money to arrive on our personal computer - not a web company/service/page
See my previous post....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: