Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:19:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $10,000 when?  (Read 3019 times)
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:18:53 PM

I'm hoping by the end of this month
That would have to be dream.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:27:21 PM

Hopefully $10k is many years away.  I say this as I'm interested in the long term health and viability of bitcoin.  If we continue to act like thousands of percent of growth in a year is normal we just look like massive pump and dump merchants looking for a sucker.

If bitcoin continues to appreciate in value like mad, why would you, or anyone else, ever spend one?  As soon as you get your hands on a bitcoin you're going to hold on to it for dear life as it's going to buy ten times more goods in a year's time.  This is not normal or healthy.

I rather be rich now than "many years away"... speak for yourself

Every time btc experiences a huge spike unlike any other investment, that's when it gets the most positive media attention and that's when new money jumps in. Using bitcoin as day-to-day currency doesn't have to be the #1 application. It can be a store of wealth, investment, a portal to transfer money, etc. Merchants automatically adjust prices to current dollar value and sell bitcoins immediately so it doesn't really matter. Take your steady, boring growth attitude back to the stock market if you want to wait 5 years to see a 10% profit

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
bronco

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:27:44 PM

it probably never hits 10k in our life time. WHen nobody expected it at $100 it got there. WHen everybody anticipating 10k  it  will never get there, works other way around
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:32:06 PM

it probably never hits 10k in our life time. WHen nobody expected it at $100 it got there. WHen everybody anticipating 10k  it  will never get there, works other way around

There were plenty of people that thought it would get to $100 or $1000 or even $10,000 or more even a year or two ago. 

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
bronco

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:39:58 PM

There were plenty of people that thought it would get to $100 or $1000 or even $10,000 or more even a year or two ago. 

nooo...everybody thinks it gets to 10k because twins say so...it started then
Bronstad

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:12:00 PM

I don't understand why you act so certain about something like this. How would you even begin to believe you can speak for everybody.

Check this thread out (and then check the timestamps):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=22619.0
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:14:27 PM

I don't understand why you act so certain about something like this. How would you even begin to believe you can speak for everybody.

In 2011 someone said this:
2013: $10,000+

That or Bust. If Bitcoin cannot pick up such a pace, it's not going to survive the wrath of its enemies.

Darn.  We are a little slow!  Grin

alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:24:08 PM

Hopefully $10k is many years away.  I say this as I'm interested in the long term health and viability of bitcoin.  If we continue to act like thousands of percent of growth in a year is normal we just look like massive pump and dump merchants looking for a sucker.

If bitcoin continues to appreciate in value like mad, why would you, or anyone else, ever spend one?  As soon as you get your hands on a bitcoin you're going to hold on to it for dear life as it's going to buy ten times more goods in a year's time.  This is not normal or healthy.

Nothing like bitcoin has existed before! How do you know what is normal and what is not?

SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:46:21 PM

Hopefully $10k is many years away.  I say this as I'm interested in the long term health and viability of bitcoin.  If we continue to act like thousands of percent of growth in a year is normal we just look like massive pump and dump merchants looking for a sucker.

If bitcoin continues to appreciate in value like mad, why would you, or anyone else, ever spend one?  As soon as you get your hands on a bitcoin you're going to hold on to it for dear life as it's going to buy ten times more goods in a year's time.  This is not normal or healthy.

Your point about pump and dump is correct - yet there is not much that we can do about it.

If the Bitcoin Economy follows the classical S-Curve model of technology adoption, the sort of exponential grow we have seen in the past four years will continue at the same sort of exponential growth until the half-way point of adoption. After that point, exponential growth will rapidly decline.

But how many more years will it take to reach the halfway point of adoption? I believe that we are three or four years away at least.

There is plenty of time left for more bitcoin price bubbles.
bronco

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:49:41 PM

10k+ bitcoin means it used instead of visa, paypal. Will this happen? . Huge argument against 10k is that it would make me multimillionaire. Do you really think multimillionaires sound like me?
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 07:57:26 PM

10k+ bitcoin means it used instead of visa, paypal. Will this happen? . Huge argument against 10k is that it would make me multimillionaire. Do you really think multimillionaires sound like me?

In the 4th quarter of this year Second Market has already announced that they will be introducing a fund that will get some major players on Wall Street involved.  Bitcoin will not need to take over Visa and Paypal for millions of dollars to be invested.  This should easily propel the price of bitcoin up by several thousand, if not $10,000.

But if you don't believe in Bitcoin getting to that point feel free to sell whenever you want. Wink

ilpirata79

Activity: 353
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:00:14 PM

I am afraid Mtgox was artificially inflating the price. So maybe we won't see 1000-2000 for a relatively long time.

Best regards,
ilpirata79
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:02:48 PM

In the 4th quarter of this year Second Market has already announced that they will be introducing a fund that will get some major players on Wall Street involved.  Bitcoin will not need to take over Visa and Paypal for millions of dollars to be invested.  This should easily propel the price of bitcoin up by several thousand, if not $10,000.

But if you don't believe in Bitcoin getting to that point feel free to sell whenever you want. Wink

Same thought. Would be too easy for some people to get multimillionaires. And Satoshi would have what, greatest wealth all-time? But that's not a an argument for which BTC can never be 10,000 usd. It will never be because we already are saturated. Many many people learn about bitcoin each day but very very few buy. Bitcoin is niche.

I don't know what ETF/ SecondMarket is. But I do know that there is no place of "financial businesses" in Bitcoin world. No investments, no derivatives, nothing else than buyers and sellers of good or services. No even exchanges.

So 2000 = never.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:08:40 PM

In the 4th quarter of this year Second Market has already announced that they will be introducing a fund that will get some major players on Wall Street involved.  Bitcoin will not need to take over Visa and Paypal for millions of dollars to be invested.  This should easily propel the price of bitcoin up by several thousand, if not $10,000.

Same thought. Would be too easy for some people to get multimillionaires. And Satoshi would have what, greatest wealth all-time? But that's not a an argument for which BTC can never be 10,000 usd. It will never be because we already are saturated. Many many people learn about bitcoin each day but very very few buy. Bitcoin is niche.

I don't know what ETF/ SecondMarket is. But I do know that there is no place of "financial businesses" in Bitcoin world. No investments, no derivatives, nothing else than buyers and sellers of good or services. No even exchanges.

So 2000 = never.

People are not buying right now because they are nervous about it. The price dropped so rapidly, just like after it did last April, that it will take some time to recover from that.  But once people start buying again there are more players in the "game" so to speak than the last run in November.  It will sky rocket again and this time to new heights.  People will throw money in so fast it will make our heads spin.  It will be insane.  Just wait.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:11:36 PM

March 6th. 2015 at exactly 2:12GMT.

Does that make you feel better.  Smiley

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:11:58 PM

I understand this is what you want, but not going to happen. Or, to be explicit, we can have a few bubbles, maybe some ATHs but all less than 2000.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:24:29 PM

In the 4th quarter of this year Second Market has already announced that they will be introducing a fund that will get some major players on Wall Street involved.  Bitcoin will not need to take over Visa and Paypal for millions of dollars to be invested.  This should easily propel the price of bitcoin up by several thousand, if not $10,000.

So 2000 = never.

People are not buying right now because they are nervous about it. The price dropped so rapidly, just like after it did last April, that it will take some time to recover from that.  But once people start buying again there are more players in the "game" so to speak than the last run in November.  It will sky rocket again and this time to new heights.  People will throw money in so fast it will make our heads spin.  It will be insane.  Just wait.

better?
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:25:41 PM

So 2000 = never.

Couldn't you have at least found a picture of a head spinning?  Wink

iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:45:23 PM

Forget the $1m & $100,000 predictions, when will bitcoin hit $10,000 (if ever)?

It will happen when the dollar is worth 20 times less than it is at this exact second.

leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:10:28 PM

- Gox surprises everyone with a revival under new management. Investors buy the company and lots of cheap BTC, then pay everyone off 100%

- IRS ruling is overturned because it is impractical and this Texas senators bill passes

- China news turns out as FUD, more regulation but no ban

- Wall street money is pouring in

Then all we need is a "bank holiday" of some sort or a similar event, maybe a Japanese bank this time, they are ripe. $10K is as likely as zero.  Smiley

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: