Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:48:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Troubles pays LTC  (Read 696 times)
nogdog21 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:50:22 AM

I will pay 5 LTC for anyone who can help me figure out why my 20 seed rig on raspberry pi crashes everytime on startup.  10 seeds works fine, 15 seeds works fine, 20 seeds auto crash.  Payment to the person who solves it!  Running Controla image on the pi.  2x10 port shitty ass USB hubs but I dont see why they would be the issue I have tried many diff hubs and get the same result.  Powered by 2x 360w12v30a power supplys.

It SEEMS to be that the pi will not accept more than 15 continuous connections.  Obviously this shouldnt be the case so if anyone could help me on that I will pay you happily.

-Andrew
Sp00n1980

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:24:06 AM

stupid question, but are the hubs powered? as iirc you need powered hubs

have you tried giving the PI its own power supply?
nogdog21 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:51:12 AM

Pi has its own 12v power supply and yes all USB hubs are powered.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:27:16 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=524770.msg5840023#msg5840023

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
nogdog21 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:45:05 AM

yah thats not quite the issue im having, thanks for the input though.
tymat

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:28:59 AM

Try adding this to /boot/cmdline.txt

Code:
slub_debug=FP

So your cmdline.txt would look like:

Code:
slub_debug=FP dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline rootwait

Then reboot.

Might also be a good idea to add this in /etc/sysctl.conf and do sysctl -p:

Code:
kernel.panic = 10

This will automatically reboot in case of a panic.  You should make sure your miner automatically starts up.
PiggyM

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:31:20 AM

if i had to take a wild stab at it... i would say the power coming from the 2 USB data wires are degrading too much to send info out to all 20 gridseeds.

the powered usb blocks will send extra power to the + and - on the usb devices however it does not pump up the voltage for the USB data connections and could be causing hardware errors and acting like everything is shorting out due to low voltage on the two data wires Smiley

you could try shorter usb cables. usb cables with thicker data wires, or just go buy another PI.

a second PI may be the cheapest idea.

if i was any help send me some BTC Smiley
15YavNTpBR56sw1Fjqi6yaCvV5XyT2yBfh

tymat

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:40:12 AM

if i had to take a wild stab at it... i would say the power coming from the 2 USB data wires are degrading too much to send info out to all 20 gridseeds.

the powered usb blocks will send extra power to the + and - on the usb devices however it does not pump up the voltage for the USB data connections and could be causing hardware errors and acting like everything is shorting out due to low voltage on the two data wires Smiley

you could try shorter usb cables. usb cables with thicker data wires, or just go buy another PI.

I have 24 gridseeds on a single USB hub on my Raspberry Pi. 
nogdog21 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:15:18 PM

The thing is I have 5 Pi's and it's doing this on all of them so logic dictates that the issue probably is not the Pi,  is the voltage/Amperage too low on the usb hubs?  When I say these hubs are POS I mean it, they are like 5 bucks on amazon.  Zoomhash sent me these with my purchase.  Do I need better quality USB hubs? Neither daisy chaining nor plugging both hubs directly in seems to be doing anything but the fact that the machine will not boot with all twenty units connected makes me think this is a hardware problem.  Thoughts?  (ps thanks for all the comments)
nogdog21 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:00:18 PM

I have 24 gridseeds on a single USB hub on my Raspberry Pi. 

Which hub are you using?  Also how long are the USB cables connecting the gridseeds to that hub?  Thanks!!
ZoomHash_Chris

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:32:27 AM

Do you have 5 Pi's for 20 ASICs? You should be able to run 32 off of a single Pi. Not sure if you're using our software or not, but it lets you use up to 32 it's linked on the top navigation of our main website. A majority of Gridseed issues tend to be power related.

When we set up ASICs we use computer power supplies. We have/sell a 12v to 6 Pin PCIE adapter that lets you plug in your gridseed units to one. You just have to know how to jump the PSU with a wire (not too difficult). I don't really know your exact setup, but I mean if they're on and just not being detected then it must be a hub or usb issue.

If you PM me your order number I can replace your hub and send you out some of the 12V/PCIE adapters anyways with the package. You also might want to make sure it's not bad usb's. Hopefully we get you fully up and running soon.
nogdog21 (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:18:57 PM

Turned out to be the hubs as I suspected.  However I running somewhat stable but several Pi's still seem to crash once a day?  Hashra Controla locks up and cannot be accessed from GUI.  Only a hard reboot gets them back online.  Any way to set them to auto-reboot on crash with controla or any commands?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: