Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:55:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need 1k GDMP Moneypak for $900 btc  (Read 493 times)
SixFigures (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:33:47 AM

Title says it all ...

- You send first
- Might do escrow given a reputable source and we are all online
- You MUST HAVE A HIGH RES RECEIPT
- Only 1k Moneypaks I know are at Walmart
- Will accept (2) $500 Moneypaks or an add up of them, obv.

Post or PM if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alabamafan1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:53:05 AM

Heres three things:
1) A $1000 moneypak or 4 figure total within a week will immediately get your card reviewed and unless the person who bought you the moneypak(s) lives in same state as you, the card will most likely get shut down, 100% chance of that IF you withdraw it all at an ATM.

2)Your requirement for a receipt really isn't useful for the reason #1 above. Plus if you ever accept moneypaks you must withdraw the funds immediately or risk the account getting frozen. Even if they call the company and try to chargeback it, your account will still get frozen even if you win the case.

3) Escrow is useless unless you trust the escrow enough to provide them your debit card #. As which has happened many times before, a moneypak provider could give you a bad code and claim it was a good code. Say hes a hero account and very reputable here, oh look the escrow sides with him and you lose your funds. You could easily lie and say it was a bad code when it wasn't and try scamming him too. Only way reload packs can be safely escrowed is if the seller of BTC never knows the moneypak code and the escrow manually applies the reload pack to the seller's card himself.

My recommendation is a $990 moneypak from Walmart for $900 in BTC or whatever.

If you want 1:1 trade though, let me know. Buying weekly in bulk and need to restock for next week's trades (I sell for markup for moneypak just as you're doing here, oh the irony).
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:33:11 PM

^Many good points made above by alabama.

But let me interject here for a second.

There is a way for the ecsrow agent to check if the moneypak code is good. You don't have to give a card number or any personal info.

If the escrow agent has a greendot card, he can go to their website and click "add funds via MoneyPak." Then, once prompted, the escrow agent can type in the code. If the code is good, something like this will appear:

"To verify, we will be loading $990 on the card number ending in 4321."

At this point, someone trying to load a card would typically click the confirm button, then the funds would be loaded onto their card. But, since the escrow agent is simply verifying funds, he would click cancel. This way, the moneypak funds are verified AND they stay on the moneypak.

The more you know.
alabamafan1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:35:00 PM

There is a way for the ecsrow agent to check if the moneypak code is good. You don't have to give a card number or any personal info.

If the escrow agent has a greendot card, he can go to their website and click "add funds via MoneyPak." Then, once prompted, the escrow agent can type in the code. If the code is good, something like this will appear:

At this point, someone trying to load a card would typically click the confirm button, then the funds would be loaded onto their card. But, since the escrow agent is simply verifying funds, he would click cancel. This way, the moneypak funds are verified AND they stay on the moneypak.

The more you know.
Yes but once the escrow checks the code, the moneypak supplier could have that redeem page waiting for that exact moment of escrow saying good code and click the redeem button to load onto his own card. Now the escrow is set to believe the moneypak receiver has used the code.
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:54:09 PM

The more you know.
Yes but once the escrow checks the code, the moneypak supplier could have that redeem page waiting for that exact moment of escrow saying good code and click the redeem button to load onto his own card. Now the escrow is set to believe the moneypak receiver has used the code.

Very true. BUT, if I were the escrow agent (I would also be holding the bitcoin) I would never tell the moneypak supplier anything. No need to unless the code is actually bogus. If the code is good, simply forward the code to the bitcoin seller, let he or she add the funds to their card or paypal, then forward the bitcoin to the buyer. Simple enough.

Of course, there is the slight possibility that some superman scam artist gets lucky and hits that "confirm" button at the perfect time. But, in the case that he is left in the dark until the funds have been loaded onto the seller's card, trying to scam prematurely will simply mean he is getting no bitcoins and he pretty much just went through a lengthy reload of his own prepaid debit card.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: