Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:52:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitdigger2013 Reputation Thread  (Read 861 times)
bitdigger2013 (OP)

Activity: 397
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 04:59:48 AM

Please leave feedback here.

Thank you.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 03:26:50 PM

Please leave feedback here.

Thank you.

Key verified ebay account with some seller history and positive feedback.

Holding a deposit of 0.07016463BTC

Happy Leasing.

trinaldi

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:50:18 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2014, 11:10:18 AM by trinaldi

Steady and reliable rig.

The owner was very nice too.

Will rent again!

EDIT: Had some time down, but the owner added extra time.
Also, no rejects the entire time..this is awesome.
xmk3

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 10:41:17 PM

Rented the Shaggy rig on leaserig.net.

Everything ran well for a few hours, and then the rig speed dropped to 2.91 Mhs and stopped submitting shares altogether.  It did this for about 45 minutes, and then started back up again.

After another hour of running at the advertised rate, the speed dropped to 2.91 Mhs again, and it stopped submitting shares for about 45 minutes (which is where it's still at).

The interesting thing here is that while the rig isn't doing anything, it's still reporting a hash rate of 2.91 Mhs, so there wouldn't be an offline notification.

Perhaps the provider would be so kind as to shed some light on what's happening behind the scenes?  :-)
bitdigger2013 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 10:54:16 PM

Everything ran well for a few hours, and then the rig speed dropped to 2.91 Mhs and stopped submitting shares altogether.  It did this for about 45 minutes, and then started back up again.

After another hour of running at the advertised rate, the speed dropped to 2.91 Mhs again, and it stopped submitting shares for about 45 minutes (which is where it's still at).

The interesting thing here is that while the rig isn't doing anything, it's still reporting a hash rate of 2.91 Mhs, so there wouldn't be an offline notification.

Perhaps the provider would be so kind as to shed some light on what's happening behind the scenes?  :-)

I noticed the same thing and I rebooted my rig both times. As you mention I did not get a message to let me know the rig was down I just happen to be checking it since I am new and want to make sure evreything runs smooth. Both times I see the hash speed on sgminer but I see that no shares are being submitted.

I have had issues when the pools are switched and it would freeze the rig but this is not the case in this situation. The rig doesn't freeze the pool just seems to stop requesting work or sgminer stops submitting requests.

Would you mind switching to your secondary pool and see if the problem happens again?

Also if you could send me a message if something else happens. I would likely get a PM faster then I would check my reputation thread.
xmk3

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 11:02:40 PM

Not a problem, I'll do that right now.

I should probably point out though that I have other leased rigs mining to the same pool from multiple different locations.  This is actually the first issue I've seen today.  

I'll also take a look at the sgminer api implementation to verify compatibility with the leaserig platform.  Could you PM me with the rig configuration, and also the version of sgminer you are running?

EDIT:  Actually, now that I am trying to change the pool, the rig seems to not be responding at all.  Tried multiple different pools.  All dead.  Original pool no longer posting shares either.    Undecided
bitdigger2013 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 11:47:10 PM

Not a problem, I'll do that right now.

I should probably point out though that I have other leased rigs mining to the same pool from multiple different locations.  This is actually the first issue I've seen today.  

I'll also take a look at the sgminer api implementation to verify compatibility with the leaserig platform.  Could you PM me with the rig configuration, and also the version of sgminer you are running?

EDIT:  Actually, now that I am trying to change the pool, the rig seems to not be responding at all.  Tried multiple different pools.  All dead.  Original pool no longer posting shares either.    Undecided

Seems my issue when changing pools is not resolved.

I sent you pm.

Will also add 1.5 hours to your mining rental for problems so far and if more happen during the balance of the rental you will also get more compensation.
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 12:54:57 AM

Everything ran well for a few hours, and then the rig speed dropped to 2.91 Mhs and stopped submitting shares altogether.  It did this for about 45 minutes, and then started back up again.

Perhaps the provider would be so kind as to shed some light on what's happening behind the scenes?  :-)

I noticed the same thing and I rebooted my rig both times. As you mention I did not get a message to let me know the rig was down I just happen to be checking it since I am new and want to make sure evreything runs smooth. Both times I see the hash speed on sgminer but I see that no shares are being submitted.

I have had issues when the pools are switched and it would freeze the rig but this is not the case in this situation. The rig doesn't freeze the pool just seems to stop requesting work or sgminer stops submitting requests.

Would you mind switching to your secondary pool and see if the problem happens again?

Also if you could send me a message if something else happens. I would likely get a PM faster then I would check my reputation thread.

I would like to know more about this freezing situation?  Normally providers experience software freezes with rigs that are very highly or well tuned to their own pools.  After adding to leaserig a lot of people find that pool switching and multi-pools cause some thermal imbalance and crashes with tuned GPU rigs.   

0 Share reporting while speeds still show is not something I've seen.   

bitdigger2013 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 02:08:07 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 02:19:39 AM by bitdigger2013

I would like to know more about this freezing situation?  Normally providers experience software freezes with rigs that are very highly or well tuned to their own pools.  After adding to leaserig a lot of people find that pool switching and multi-pools cause some thermal imbalance and crashes with tuned GPU rigs.  

0 Share reporting while speeds still show is not something I've seen.  

My rig freezes when the renter choose to switch pools or when pool 0 goes dead and it tries to switch to the backup pool.

Now it seems the speed was going from 3.65 mhs to 2.xx mhs on my screen yet no shares going through.

Since renter moved to ghash.io pool rig has been stable.

hardshot

Activity: 457
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:43:09 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 02:55:19 PM by hardshot

Your Shaggy (Scrypt 3.50 MH/s) is not responding.
Please take a look!

~edit: Okay, it's running again. But you owe me between 8.5 and 9 hours of mining.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: