Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:14:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Bubble 2012  (Read 6758 times)
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 04:31:38 PM

Therefore, if you know it's going down, sell and buy 2x, 3x, etc. more BTC at the lower price for holding.
The only thing you should really know for sure, is that you don't know.

You don't *KNOW* shit. Neither do I.
In the long term, we have a deflationary, uncounterfeitable "commodency", so ultimately it can only go up.
I love debunking this fallacy.

Remember IxCoin? In the long term, it is a deflationary, uncountrerfeitable "commodency". But in what direction is it going to go?
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 04:47:33 PM

Therefore, if you know it's going down, sell and buy 2x, 3x, etc. more BTC at the lower price for holding.
The only thing you should really know for sure, is that you don't know.

You don't *KNOW* shit. Neither do I.
In the long term, we have a deflationary, uncounterfeitable "commodency", so ultimately it can only go up.
I love debunking this fallacy.

Remember IxCoin? In the long term, it is a deflationary, uncountrerfeitable "commodency". But in what direction is it going to go?

As long as Bitcoin is still alive, the death of Ixcoin or any other clone only buttresses Bitcoin's standing. It has huge first mover advantage over anything that came after it.

What Ixcoin had, aside from uncounterfeitability and deflation, was also the massive hurdle of having to compete with Bitcoin.

I just debunked your debunking... I love it as much as you :-)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 05:18:19 PM

The Dow just went positive after being down all morning.  UST's selling off. 

RISK ON!
punningclan

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Making a better tomorrow, tomorrow.

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 09:48:35 AM

spoken like a lawyer.

All the lawyers disappeared.

The National Lawyers Guild adds its voice to the many others who oppose this legislation (NDAA). Our opposition is not based solely on the fact that this bill allows indefinite detention of US citizens and residents or that the presumed “battlefield” encompasses the entire globe. We oppose indefinite detention without trial because it is immoral and cruel and because it violates the U.S. Constitution and international law.

The NDAA was signed into law. The BTC price in USD went up. Therefore, when legislation is signed into law the price of BTC in USD goes up.

oh so encouraging.  i especially liked this part:

"If President Obama were committed to Constitution and international legal norms, he would veto this bill. Instead, he seems more concerned about consolidating the power of the Executive Branch at the cost of our legal and human rights. As “terrorism” and “radical Islam” have come to replace “Communism” in the federal government’s lexicon of fear, the United States continues its spiral toward a new era of McCarthyism. The NDAA is one more step down that road."

Buy more Bitcoin.

+1

It was a cunning plan to have the funny man be the money fan of the punning clan.
1J13NBTKiV8xrAo2dwaD4LhWs3zPobhh5S
punningclan

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Making a better tomorrow, tomorrow.

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 11:47:04 AM

Fundamentals bear here.  It's still overvalued based on current need and IMO the current rally is based on pure speculation...  IE, it's a speculative bubble.

I speculate that Bubble2 won't be as extreme or last as long as Bubble1.  I give it a few months before we hit $2.00 again.

I'm sorry how do you know what I need? Perhaps I need a savings account that pays more than %1.3 or maybe I need a place to store my stuff where the local warlord can't get it, you know like one of those expensive off shore accounts? Perhaps I need to side step overly priced wiring fees imposed by government supported monopolies? Maybe I dont want chargebacks anymore? Perhaps I may even need my world economy to stop tanking every-time someone in a position of power decides to fart?

While all the speculators contemplate their navels those using the system are getting away with financial murder, think Scarface where he's bitching about 10% for his transactions, does Tor need Bitcoin?  

I could even be speculating that my local fiat economy is about to fall off a cliff, after all some countries in the world have more debt than they have ever seen in history.

The Internet has needed Bitcoin since before Paypal,

I needed Bitcoin when it wasn't there.

It was a cunning plan to have the funny man be the money fan of the punning clan.
1J13NBTKiV8xrAo2dwaD4LhWs3zPobhh5S
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: