Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 03:18:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We explained what is bitcoin and is it a ponzi, what to do next?  (Read 822 times)
Bitcoin For Dummies (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 09:32:34 AM

As some of you know where are producing an educational series about bitcoin, busting common myths and misconceptions about it. The concept is to explain it simple and short.
We did
 - What is bitcoin (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWYVktImeTk)
- Is bitcoin a ponzi (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kImBgWDgIlA)

And I'm asking YOU what we should do next?
We prefer to cover "evergreen" myths not something that will be in the news for few weeks or month (like mtgox collaps and CEO of Bitcoin)

So, knowing that what comes to mind?

Bitcoin For Dummies Channel on Youtube -> https://www.youtube.com/user/BitcoinForDummies  Shocked
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:47:44 AM

What does value of bitcoin consists of? Is it only supply and demand? Is it hardware behind it? Is it protocol? Is it infrastructure (like ATM's), or is it mix of em all and in which "quantities"?

Too often i hear: "Bitcoin has no real value like a (insert any fiat or and gold)"

Bitcoin For Dummies (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 09:50:44 AM

The intrinsic value of bitcoin, yes that's a good one

another one we are playing with is how they blame it to waste electricity for nothing
(when visa and mastercard waste 1000s times more in infrastructure and others for much worse service)

Bitcoin For Dummies Channel on Youtube -> https://www.youtube.com/user/BitcoinForDummies  Shocked
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:11:47 AM

I agree.

Most people I talk to find it hard to believe that Bitcoin has any value at all.
So yeah I too vote for explaining this subject Smiley
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 10:19:29 AM

another one we are playing with is how they blame it to waste electricity for nothing
(when visa and mastercard waste 1000s times more in infrastructure and others for much worse service)

These are 'arguments' that are used by people who have nothing left to argue with, it's a bit like arguing with religious people because in the end they've already decided what they believe and will just say whatever the hell they like, I know you guys are clearly way more patient than I am but the people who make these comments are never going to watch your video ( precisely because they know it will prove them wrong ) and they're never going to listen to the arguments against them, simply because they don't want to.

p.s. If you're really that determined you could also do a video on stupid shit like "Is Bitcoin like the tulip mania?"
Bitcoin For Dummies (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 10:42:10 AM

These are 'arguments' that are used by people who have nothing left to argue with, it's a bit like arguing with religious people because in the end they've already decided what they believe and will just say whatever the hell they like, I know you guys are clearly way more patient than I am but the people who make these comments are never going to watch your video ( precisely because they know it will prove them wrong ) and they're never going to listen to the arguments against them, simply because they don't want to.

p.s. If you're really that determined you could also do a video on stupid shit like "Is Bitcoin like the tulip mania?"

We kinda covered that in the Ponzi one Smiley

About the rest, yes I agree, most would ignore it but with the time some of them will slowly convert. Change needs to be digested very slow by most people.
Once they are ready, those videos will be there for anyone to watch.

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:54:21 AM

I disagree.
All of the people who asked me this question were in fact interested in Bitcoin but just couldn't understand why or how it has value.
RomertL

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:03:25 AM

Agree with most people, what gives it value is a very good one

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

Bitcoin For Dummies (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 11:15:44 AM

ok unless there are other suggestions we are inclining to do the value one?

points supporting why it has value are appreciated as well! Smiley

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 11:19:10 AM

What does value of bitcoin consists of? Is it only supply and demand? Is it hardware behind it? Is it protocol? Is it infrastructure (like ATM's), or is it mix of em all and in which "quantities"?

Too often i hear: "Bitcoin has no real value like a (insert any fiat or and gold)"
Fiat is only valuable because you can buy stuff with it, else it's just an useless piece of paper.
You can already buy at a lot of places with Bitcoin too,so then you can't say that it has no value.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Bitcoin For Dummies (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 02:20:39 PM

yes, thank you

ok it's going to be the value one

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: