Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:15:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advertise on www.film2240.wordpress.com  (Read 1058 times)
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2012, 09:54:43 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2012, 10:15:42 PM by film2240

I'm selling ad space.There are 4 different types of ad slot available based on size.Pricing will fund the following:

1.Fund developments on my blog to make it better and much nicer for everyone
2.Good causes (via either my own foundation which will be setup later this year or donated to charity-TBC) (about 5 to 10% of the price of each ad slot will go to good causes)
3.Film making projects so I can help make my films better for people who like viewing them or having them made for them.

There is currently a sale on for all standard (65% normal price) and large ad slots (50% off).Offer expires 6/1/2012.

All ads will be shown here:www.film2240.wordpress.com/ads or simply load up my blogs home page and click on the ads tab at the top of the page.TOS are clear on there.

Pricing is negotiable (up to a point)

This sums it up nicely :-)

P.S my ad space sig is also for sale as well (for 1 month term).

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 11:32:39 PM

Update on developments:
1.Since wordpress.com forbids advertising directly on my blog (as its a wordpress.com rather than a self hosted wordpress.org blog),I've redirected the ad space onto another website that I own/self host on a different provider to help comply with that rule.
2.The tab (linking to the new location of ads is now relocated Projects as other projects will show on there over the course of this year)
3.All info about the ad space has also been redirected to the other site that I self host with different host.
Ad spaces are still on sale and will still serve my blog.

The new link for ad space is here:http://film2240.webs.com/ads.htm
Please note that this website is still under development and only the Ad space is ready for use at the moment. If you wish to buy just PM me and post your offer/interest on here.I will negotiate with you on a price if need be (within reason and up to a point)

Thank you for reading this and no trolls or scammers.I will be happy for people with offers to post on here.If you are not interested in making an offer,please don't reply so that customers don't have to wade through pages just to make an offer. Go ahead guys,check out the ad slots that suit your needs,then make an offer for which ad slot you will buy and how many.Buying 2 or more will make you eligible for a bulk discount.

Thank you and enjoy yourselves :-)

film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2012, 01:02:07 AM

Really,no takers?

deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 02:07:32 AM

can we have pricing and traffic information?

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 12:49:29 AM

Sorry I've been a little slow with info but I've been given a lot of work for another film crew recently.Anyways the info is as follows (estimates)
Typical 60 hits per month (usually more if there's a highly rated article on there)
Pricing info is on here: http://bit.ly/xRrn49 (link will redirect to the proper link on another site I own)
Do note that the 2 banners you see on that page are test ads,those don't count and have nothing to do with this offer.

Even though the date on the other site says the offer expires 15/1/2012,I will still honour the stated price/offer until I say so on this thread as this will be more up to date. Hope that answers your question.

BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 05:51:17 PM

Sorry I've been a little slow with info but I've been given a lot of work for another film crew recently.Anyways the info is as follows (estimates)
Typical 60 hits per month (usually more if there's a highly rated article on there)
Pricing info is on here: http://bit.ly/xRrn49 (link will redirect to the proper link on another site I own)
Do note that the 2 banners you see on that page are test ads,those don't count and have nothing to do with this offer.

Even though the date on the other site says the offer expires 15/1/2012,I will still honour the stated price/offer until I say so on this thread as this will be more up to date. Hope that answers your question.

~$7.5 for a "standard ad slot" that gets 60 impressions a month? That pricing is absolutely ridiculous.

More to the point, your blog has nothing on it. The home page:

"title
Click to add text, images, and other content"

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2012, 08:02:44 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2012, 08:22:30 PM by film2240

~$7.5 for a "standard ad slot" that gets 60 impressions a month? That pricing is absolutely ridiculous.

More to the point, your blog has nothing on it. The home page:

"title
Click to add text, images, and other content"

I checked both sites. www.film2240.wordpress.com has content and doesn't say what you're reporting.The other page I have is NOT a blog,it's a proxy for advertising from my blog (so that wordpress.com won't be on my case about it.Also that other site is relatively under developed at the moment.)

This other site: http://film2240.webs.com/ is not yet developed fully as all of my time is taken up by working on film projects for other people.Don't confuse this site with my main blog which does have content. Those prices were based when BTC values were much lower than they are now.The pricing needs updating.It's the volatile nature of BTC value that makes things hard for me to sell goods and services. $7.5 for a standard slot does seem rather steep however.The pricing for all ad slots that are not 'premium' shall be amended (they may still be some cents off but shall be closer to BTC actual value).

I take all feedback to account as I feel it's important for me to thrive with BTC.

60 impressions monthly is a conservative figure,not an absolute.On really good months we get anywhere from 250-1000 impressions a month.

Update: The pricing for all ads (except premium) have even larger discounts than before.Pricing should now better reflect current market conditions.Sale ends 1/4/2012.

BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 12:46:59 AM

I checked both sites. www.film2240.wordpress.com has content and doesn't say what you're reporting.The other page I have is NOT a blog,it's a proxy for advertising from my blog (so that wordpress.com won't be on my case about it.Also that other site is relatively under developed at the moment.)

This other site: http://film2240.webs.com/ is not yet developed fully as all of my time is taken up by working on film projects for other people.Don't confuse this site with my main blog which does have content. Those prices were based when BTC values were much lower than they are now.The pricing needs updating.It's the volatile nature of BTC value that makes things hard for me to sell goods and services. $7.5 for a standard slot does seem rather steep however.The pricing for all ad slots that are not 'premium' shall be amended (they may still be some cents off but shall be closer to BTC actual value).

I take all feedback to account as I feel it's important for me to thrive with BTC.

60 impressions monthly is a conservative figure,not an absolute.On really good months we get anywhere from 250-1000 impressions a month.

Update: The pricing for all ads (except premium) have even larger discounts than before.Pricing should now better reflect current market conditions.Sale ends 1/4/2012.

Ah, I see, I did not realize that the webs site was not in fact your blog. My apologies for misinterpreting.

I understand Bitcoin values change. Perhaps you could set (invisible) values in USD and use a script to convert them to BTC at the MtGox exchange price.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2012, 12:19:37 PM

Ah, I see, I did not realize that the webs site was not in fact your blog. My apologies for misinterpreting.

I understand Bitcoin values change. Perhaps you could set (invisible) values in USD and use a script to convert them to BTC at the MtGox exchange price.

Thats ok.We all make mistakes. I'm not good at coding scripts.I may simply consider setting the price in USD or GBP (my preffered currency as I'm from UK) and then expecting people to pay that equivalent in BTC but that would only apply to the higher priced ad slots.I still want the cheaper slots to be BTC only as people can pay more easily with small BTC amounts rather than worrying about BTC=USD/GBP rates,etc.

If people want to buy an ad slot,people should PM me the following:
1.what slot you wish to buy (as there are a few types to chose from.)
2.How many slots you wish to buy (as you can buy more than 1 of each slot if desired)
3.Images (no animated gifs as they annoy visitors)
4.Web links
5.Any other info you feel is useful to me like special requirements,pricing,etc.

You'll then be told how much,you'll have to pay based on your choices plus my BTC adress to send money to.If any discounts are available,they'll be added when I give a quote back.It doesn't hurt to try asking for discounts though as I encourage people to give this service a tryout (for a discounted fee). If you like it,please mention that in customer feedback and add a +1 to the rep system.This helps keeps good merchants credible (as it'll remind them that they have a reputation to look after rather than a grab your money and run sort of thing)

Any feedback is always helpful.Thanks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: