Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:42:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Voting for Ron Paul is voting for love  (Read 7634 times)
mizerydearia (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 10:33:36 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2012, 10:56:15 PM by theymos

Yay! I convinced my mom to vote for Ron Paul.  All it took was indicating that voting for Ron Paul is voting for love (NSFW).

Actually, it took a lot more, but that statement alone seemed to be convincing to her.  Prior to that, she expressed that she would not vote.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2012, 02:26:56 AM

We'll see how much love there is if he tells me to do something and I don't.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 08:37:34 AM

We'll see how much love there is if he tells me to do something and I don't.

From everything I've read from the man, including his voting record, he simply wouldn't do this. Believe what you want though. From your comment, I get the feeling you've never read anything he's published or looked at his voting record.

I'm not a big fan of government, but if there is one presidential candidate that might have some success in restoring some liberty in the U.S of A., it's Ron Paul.

The other candidates don't even come close to supporting liberty and freedom the way Ron Paul does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U4RgUh5G38

2:17 - more border guards

He wants me to pay (for violence) to keep my friends from coming for a visit.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 08:51:06 AM

Looking more now he seems better than anyone actually participating in the system could be.

But the fictions of borders and the constitution are very damaging. Paper, maps or laws, don't give some humans special status.

mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 05:14:40 PM

slander ftl

guard != violence

I worked at ACen for Anime Pavilion and most of my duty was to make sure nobody stole any merchandise.   I was a guard.  There were many of us watching.  When someone stole something we did not violently kill them or pursue any other violent reactions.  To promote that my duty as guarding the merchandise is violent is grossly abusive.  I can understand that if I had killed one or more human existences as part of my duty than my particular efforts would be violent, but not necessarily correlating to the responsibility of guarding.  Fuck that though, right?  Guarding is fucking violent, yo!  Fuck miz and their defensiveness towards explaining that guarding is not violent...fucking noob!

Perhaps I should contact Anime Pavilion and all other businesses that have humans and technology set up or available to guard their merchandise and stuff and explain to them how it is violent in nature.  Same is true for home security surveillance systems.  Violence is widespread.  Even the forum moderators here and at other sites that are guarding the community from spam and other obnoxious usually automated posts.... What's with all this absurd violence?  Guarding should be abolished and illegal practice.  All the things should be unprotected!  Condoms?  VIOLENCE I TELL YA!

Also the reference to "keep my friends from coming for a visit" is also grossly abusive slander that is inaccurate and misleading.  Misinformation/incompetence ftl.  

By the way I also am not perfect and sometimes say inaccurate things, and I greatly appreciate the efforts by others to correct me.  That's what this is, but of course with the profanities and other types of sarcasm it's likely to result in further controversy.  Wooo, go me.

hint: Profanity is not love, but fucking is part of it.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 06:42:03 PM

slander ftl

guard != violence

I worked at ACen for Anime Pavilion and most of my duty was to make sure nobody stole any merchandise.   I was a guard.  There were many of us watching.  When someone stole something we did not violently kill them or pursue any other violent reactions.  To promote that my duty as guarding the merchandise is violent is grossly abusive.  I can understand that if I had killed one or more human existences as part of my duty than my particular efforts would be violent, but not necessarily correlating to the responsibility of guarding.  Fuck that though, right?  Guarding is fucking violent, yo!  Fuck miz and their defensiveness towards explaining that guarding is not violent...fucking noob!

Perhaps I should contact Anime Pavilion and all other businesses that have humans and technology set up or available to guard their merchandise and stuff and explain to them how it is violent in nature.  Same is true for home security surveillance systems.  Violence is widespread.  Even the forum moderators here and at other sites that are guarding the community from spam and other obnoxious usually automated posts.... What's with all this absurd violence?  Guarding should be abolished and illegal practice.  All the things should be unprotected!  Condoms?  VIOLENCE I TELL YA!

Also the reference to "keep my friends from coming for a visit" is also grossly abusive slander that is inaccurate and misleading.  Misinformation/incompetence ftl.  

By the way I also am not perfect and sometimes say inaccurate things, and I greatly appreciate the efforts by others to correct me.  That's what this is, but of course with the profanities and other types of sarcasm it's likely to result in further controversy.  Wooo, go me.

hint: Profanity is not love, but fucking is part of it.

So if I own property on the border can I invite people to it? Does any third party have standing? Can the come guard my property against my will? What if I or my associates disobey the guards? Nothing happens? How is Ron funding these guards?

mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 10:26:10 PM

So if I own property on the border can I invite people to it? Does any third party have standing? Can the come guard my property against my will? What if I or my associates disobey the guards? Nothing happens? How is Ron funding these guards?

I am not sure.  Perhaps I or any other human existence (that has ability to speak a language, probably English is most necessary) can research some contact information for those who own property on border of united states country and interview them to ask those questions to find out their answers.  google offers free calls to united states numbers, so this should be easy for anyone in united states or access to a server/shell account in united states to do.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 10:40:05 PM

I am not sure.  Perhaps I or any other human existence (that has ability to speak a language, probably English is most necessary) can research some contact information for those who own property on border of united states country and interview them to ask those questions to find out their answers.  google offers free calls to united states numbers, so this should be easy for anyone in united states or access to a server/shell account in united states to do.

Don't feed this troll. No one is dumb enough to argue against Ron Paul because he wouldn't support abandoning our border security so their "friends" could illegally enter the country. That's just silly.
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 11:31:24 PM

mm, well, disregarding the 'troll' type of evolution of messages, concepts and ideas to be excused so easily and offensively I can understand the concern over dwelling on all possible imperfections of all possible presidential candidates especially to make sure everything is validated and acknowledged to a satisfactory, desirable and agreeable perspective for all existences that put forth effort to evaluate all the things of all the things.

And in the case of the specificity of guarding something as being violent in nature, I am kind of confused as to what is the logic behind such an evaluation.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 11:44:19 PM

Don't feed this troll. No one is dumb enough to argue against Ron Paul because he wouldn't support abandoning our border security so their "friends" could illegally enter the country. That's just silly.

Mizery, do you remember me? We met in SF. I'm not a troll.

I really don't think it's right to put people in cages if they won't pay for other people's guarding (whether they want it or not, which most probably do).

RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 12:32:39 AM

I would be all for him if he wasn't a pro-life pile of shit.
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 12:39:45 AM

Mizery, do you remember me? We met in SF. I'm not a troll.

I really don't think it's right to put people in cages if they won't pay for other people's guarding (whether they want it or not, which most probably do).

I used the word troll, but I did not refer to you as a troll.  The reference to you as a troll came from someone else.  Feel free to reread what I wrote if you'd like.
jwzguy

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 04:50:42 AM

Great! Because his personal beliefs about abortion will not affect his decisions to keep the federal government out of dealing with it!

So get out there and support Paul. Smiley
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 04:58:49 AM

Great! Because his personal beliefs about abortion will not affect his decisions to keep the federal government out of dealing with it!

He sure has signed some pledges and made some statements to the contrary. How could you think that someone can act without incorporating their beliefs and ideals?
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 05:11:01 AM

Q: You have said that you believe that life begins at conception and that abortion ends an innocent life. If you believe that, how can you support a rape exception to abortion bans, and how can you support the morning-after pill? Aren't those lives just as innocent?

PAUL: They may be, but the way this is taken care of in our country, it is not a national issue. This is a state issue. And there are circumstances where doctors in the past have used certain day-after pills for somebody with rape. And, quite frankly, if somebody is treated, you don't even know if a person is pregnant; if it's 24 hours after rape, I don't know how you're going to police it. We have too many laws already. Now, how are you going to police the day-after pill? Nobody can out-do me on respect for life. I've spent a lifetime dealing with life. But I still think there is a time where the law doesn't solve the problems. Only the moral character of the people will eventually solve this problem, not the law.
http://www.ontheissues.org/TX/Ron_Paul_Abortion.htm
jwzguy

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 05:12:23 AM

He sure has signed some pledges and made some statements to the contrary. How could you think that someone can act without incorporating their beliefs and ideals?

No sir. He has always said that he believes the federal government should have nothing to do with abortion, and would work against any federal interference. It's a state issue. And for the record, I am an atheist who is pro-abortion.
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 06:33:44 AM

Besides, with a kind of open sourceness of medical techniques, and practice and perfection on those techniques, it should be fairly easy to establish a series of procedures (how-to guide?) on how to self abort thus cutting out the middle doctors and related fees/costs.
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 07:10:40 AM

No sir. He has always said that he believes the federal government should have nothing to do with abortion, and would work against any federal interference. It's a state issue. And for the record, I am an atheist who is pro-abortion.

I understand that. I just don't think a woman should have to drive up to New York from Alabama because she wants an abortion. It is a federal issue. I don't want the medical care available to me to vary from state to state.
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 11:55:47 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3tPMGx7I3E

"They are scared of Ron Paul"

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2012, 05:47:20 PM

Anyone who is under 30 and does not support Ron Paul either

A. has not done their research or

B. not really under 30

(most people over 30 have resolved to the fact that the government is their master and there is nothing to do to stop it)

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: