Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:51:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Twilight by Stephanie Meyer  (Read 4005 times)
quicklynx (OP)

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 03:49:14 PM

My roommate bought this for me kind of as a joke. I'm not a big Twilight, Vampire, Werewolf fan in the first place. This book has never been read.

If interested I'd be willing to take 1 BTC for it shipped to the lower 48.

Thanks

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 04:11:12 PM

I'd pay -1 BTC for that book.  That means you pay me to take it off your hands Smiley

(BFL)^2 < 0
Niann

Activity: 691
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 04:25:05 PM

KILL IT, KILL IT WITH FIRE!
BEFORE IT LAYS EGGS!

quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 04:30:01 PM

I'd pay -1 BTC for that book.  That means you pay me to take it off your hands Smiley

KILL IT, KILL IT WITH FIRE!
BEFORE IT LAYS EGGS!

If each of you pays me 1 BTC I will destroy it however you want it to be destroyed legally, take pictures, and post them up. Sound good?

I assure you it hasn't laid any eggs yet. Does sprinkle glitter every now and then, though.

Smiley
kpriess

Activity: 415

Money is the root of all evil.

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 07:05:43 PM

Vampire, Werewolf

Don't wory, it has nothing to do with any of these..
digital

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 08:26:27 PM

Looks like it's about apples...   Wink

If I help you out: 17QatvSdciyv2zsdAbphDEUzST1S6x46c3
References (bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=): 50051.20  50051.100  53668.0  53788.0  53571.0  53571.0  52212.0  50729.0  114804.0  115468  78106  69061  58572  54747
Niann

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 08:38:10 PM

More like about fairies and poodles.
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 08:39:08 PM

Looks like it's about apples...   Wink

For 1 single BTC you can find out Smiley
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 05:31:11 PM

bump
gyverlb

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 06:39:44 PM

OK, I'm willing to pay 2BTC in advance to get 3 pictures :
  • one with an hammer ready to strike a stake through the book (in the apple seems an appropriate place),
  • one with the result of the enhanced stabbing (stake through book),
  • one with the book ready to be disposed of so that it will be properly recycled.
Bonus BTCs are available if I find the pictures particularly pleasing :-)

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
Niann

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 06:51:31 PM

Looking forward to that one xD
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 07:57:04 PM

Why all the hatred for a great book? I would buy it, but I already have the whole series.

Actually, I enjoyed Her other book, "The Host", even more than the Twilight series. Much more sci-fi.

Shocked

No, not you too!

(BFL)^2 < 0
Niann

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 08:03:49 PM

Where is the dislike buttom?
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 08:04:18 PM

Please. Kill it with fire. Explosives would work, too.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 08:10:53 PM

I will give you 3BTC to tear out each and every page one-by-one, tape them together using a suit pattern, wear the suit, take pictures of yourself dousing your new merry suit in gasoline, then setting it on fire while shrieking.

Your video will go viral on youtube. In fact, it's a good concept for an on-going channel where you find new and creative ways to destroy books.

"Bad Book Burner"

ForceField
aka Vitaliy

Activity: 386

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 08:31:31 PM

I will give you 3BTC to tear out each and every page one-by-one, tape them together using a suit pattern, wear the suit, take pictures of yourself dousing your new merry suit in gasoline, then setting it on fire while shrieking.

Your video will go viral on youtube. In fact, it's a good concept for an on-going channel where you find new and creative ways to destroy books.

"Bad Book Burner"

Anyone who agrees with the above message should enroll themselves into an appropriate clinic and receive treatment.

PC Hardware & Electronics For BTC     Traded w/: Kansattica | jduck1987 | shakaru | newdude | nitetrader | midievil | blo8i | mb300sd | juggalodarkclow | Garr255 | Tril | Ringmasta | SysRun | CrazyBlane | sokay | BCB | str4wm4n | PinkBatman | Bitobsessed | matauc12 | antimattercrusader | BryanK
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 09:01:31 PM

"Bad Book Burner"

Anyone who agrees with the above message should enroll themselves into an appropriate clinic and receive treatment.

I approve this message. -Matthew N. Wright

juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 09:52:32 PM

"Bad Book Burner"

good idea is good idea

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 11:01:41 PM

"Bad Book Burner"

good idea is good idea
+1, I would watch

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 01:09:37 AM

• one with an hammer ready to strike a stake through the book (in the apple seems an appropriate place),
  • one with the book ready to be disposed of so that it will be properly recycled.

This one sounds pretty good actually. Let me get some ideas, then I may take you on this offer. Smiley
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 01:23:22 AM

Please. Kill it with fire. Explosives would work, too.

I think I can incorporate this into the destruction of the book.

"Bad Book Burner"

Although it sounds incredibly fun and time consuming in my uneventful days recently, it seems a little too painful for my taste, and I like it rough.
gyverlb

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 11:34:41 AM

This one sounds pretty good actually. Let me get some ideas, then I may take you on this offer. Smiley
Suggestions :
  • For style, try to find a hammer used for meat tenderizing (those with a cylindrical shape)
  • When forcing the stake through the book you better have support on the back of the book all around the hole you are trying to make (or the book will probably be torn apart)

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Niann

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 02:52:24 PM

Sounds like you have done it before...
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 08:29:08 PM

Suggestions :
  • For style, try to find a hammer used for meat tenderizing (those with a cylindrical shape)
  • When forcing the stake through the book you better have support on the back of the book all around the hole you are trying to make (or the book will probably be torn apart)

My current roommate/U.S. Army buddy and I have been thinking up some awesome ways to do this. In fact, thinking of putting together a film of some sort. I think it could end up pretty good. It will go far and beyond the just the stake in the book. Smiley
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 08:31:58 PM

Bringing new meaning to a movie being based on a book.

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 08:53:49 PM

My current roommate/U.S. Army buddy and I have been thinking up some awesome ways to do this. In fact, thinking of putting together a film of some sort. I think it could end up pretty good. It will go far and beyond the just the stake in the book. Smiley
Do eet. Hell yes, an Army guy. I wanna see this.

quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 10:57:43 PM

It will be full of sparkling glitter... I'm sure of it
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 01:16:40 PM

Bump. What happened? Can't reply cause you are in jail? Grin

Or did we ever get some video of this?

Niann

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 05:02:39 AM

Man... this topic still exists lol
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 01:48:59 PM

Not in Jail, haha. The book is still intact. My Army buddy gets back April 12th. I lost track of what we were going to do with the book, but we had some pretty good ideas. I need to get rolling on this, haha.

Well there are only so many ways to kill it Smiley
TheStig

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 04:29:35 AM

We'll vote on the best way?

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 03:10:50 PM

Not in Jail, haha. The book is still intact. My Army buddy gets back April 12th. I lost track of what we were going to do with the book, but we had some pretty good ideas. I need to get rolling on this, haha.

Stake through the book with a 3/4" stake. Remove. Stake it again, with a 1 1/2" stake, just to be sure. Remove. Insert half stick of dynamite into hole. Detonate, just to be sure.

Bonus points - Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 07:55:08 PM

Stake through the book with a 3/4" stake. Remove. Stake it again, with a 1 1/2" stake, just to be sure. Remove. Insert half stick of dynamite into hole. Detonate, just to be sure.

I think you have a pretty solid idea. You know those weather balloons can be had for a decent price. I can beat Tosh.0s rocket pop with a glittery dynamite explosion at 110,000 ft....
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 07:57:28 PM

I think you have a pretty solid idea. You know those weather balloons can be had for a decent price. I can beat Tosh.0s rocket pop with a glittery dynamite explosion at 110,000 ft....
Could you see it from that far away? Also, wonder what the FAA would think. Grin

RaggedMonk

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 08:34:00 PM

Yeah, I am going to go ahead and say that its probably illegal to send a lit stick of dynamite up on a weather balloon.
Sannyasi

Activity: 454

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 05:22:26 AM

i'm starting to think the cost of upkeep on this book is beyond it's worth........ just destroy it and record it's destruction.... i'll even throw half a coin if it's done in a interesting way. I would also like to see various religious texts included for an additional tip

1DxP5iL6hN5Gd3cwmDz9uFSntW8ALBQaGK

http://gamerkeys.net/common/home.htm <- the best place to get games!

my portfoio: http://windowsofamind.com
chiropteran

Activity: 348

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 07:18:17 PM

Surely the OP will deliver.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 07:33:20 PM

Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

LOLZ.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 09:47:12 PM

Taintlight was better
Ashkelon

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 08:56:22 PM

How to Dispose of Black Magic Books
By Christina Spallone, eHow Contributor | updated April 15, 2011

Some believe that black magic books can invite evil into their homes.

People accumulate books and other objects as they go through different phases in life and explore various hobbies and cultures. When many people lose interest in their old possessions, they often donate them, pass them on to a friend, sell them at a yard sale so that others can enjoy them. If you believe that black magic books are evil and don't want to risk exposing them to others, you can permanently destroy the texts so that no one can read them again.

Instructions

1 Burn or bury the books to ensure that no one will be able to read them again. If you throw the books in the trash or recycling, someone may retrieve the books or their torn pages.
 2 Contact a spiritual leader you trust and ask for his advice on what to do with the books, if you are uncomfortable with the above methods. If you are embarrassed about possessing the books, mail them to your place of worship or leave them on the front steps of your worship center. Include a note so your religious group won't perceive the books as a threat. Your spiritual leader will know the proper way to dispose of the books, including appropriate prayers and rituals used.
 3 Anoint your house, if you fear that the books attracted evil energy or spirits into your home. Anointing rituals vary for different spiritual groups -- all anointing rituals consists of praying or focusing on positive energy in each room of the house, and praying or focusing positive energy toward all the home's inhabitants. Some spiritual groups include sprinkling water, burning sage or incense, burning candles or applying oil in each room. Consult with your spiritual leader to determine the traditional anointing ritual for your faith, or do what feels best for you.

source http://www.ehow.com/how_8235106_dispose-black-magic-books.html

sometimes i both love and greatly fear the internet..

dominus mysteria
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 09:04:00 PM

There have been studies showing that those that harm books have a below average IQ and are more prone to social disorders.

Please don't hurt books, it's were we put knowledge before the development of computers (for storage) and the internet (distribution). If you do, you're like he idiots that are pro-copyright, want to take sites down because of their content and are opposed to file sharing.

If no one wants to buy it, give it to your local library Smiley
Ashkelon

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 09:18:28 PM

I think we can all agree books are a wonderfull thing that must be protected at all costs, like babies and H Cup finals tickets, however, and I do weigh my words here

THIS MUST BE DESTROYED BEFORE IT CAN BREED

dominus mysteria
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 09:54:07 PM

I think we can all agree books are a wonderfull thing that must be protected at all costs, like babies and H Cup finals tickets, however, and I do weigh my words here

+1

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 11:54:19 PM

So it's like Natasha Henstridge in Species, but with more sparkles and less super hot.
danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 11:55:38 PM

I am still laughing at this.  Y U ALL SO TROLLTASTIC.

Nyaaan

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2012, 08:01:50 AM

I love Twilight.
marked

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 01:38:30 AM

I love Twilight.

but magic died!

marked, shifting frame of reference
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 12:47:30 AM

Necrobampin'

MrGaSp

Activity: 418
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 06:22:06 AM

Please destroy this,

stake to the heart, or what ever, it must be destroyed....for the love of god...do it now!

IT has to be done, soon... Cheesy
Gomeler

Activity: 697

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 06:51:58 AM

Mail the book to me and I'll shred it with however many rounds of .223 that it takes. Never read the book but the commercials for the movies were enough. I'll even give the book a fair chance by positioning it at around 300 yards.
danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 10:42:44 AM

Why is this thread still alive?

Also, why are you guys so interested in Twilight.  o.0

Ashkelon

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 01:02:10 AM

so... is it dead?

dominus mysteria
Nyaaan

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 04:03:10 AM

I still love Twilight.
Ashkelon

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 02:28:11 PM

Why you no kill book?

dominus mysteria
gyverlb

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 01:02:10 AM

Given the current value of BTC this is kind of sad that it didn't really happen.

P2pool tuning guide
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:48:22 PM

Yes, I screwed up. Sorry I never fulfilled the destruction of the book. I guess I wanted to go above and beyond and couldn't get it to work. Maybe I can destroy a different book, or movie? My redemption....

I might have to go ahead and do something to destroy it.
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:52:00 PM

There have been studies showing that those that harm books have a below average IQ and are more prone to social disorders.

Please don't hurt books, it's were we put knowledge before the development of computers (for storage) and the internet (distribution). If you do, you're like he idiots that are pro-copyright, want to take sites down because of their content and are opposed to file sharing.

If no one wants to buy it, give it to your local library Smiley

What is odd is I have read studies that people that read Twilight have below average IQs and have social disorders. It's a catch 22 in destroying this thing. I feel dumb for having it on my shelf, yet I am dumb if I destroy. I guess it comes down to which would be more fun. I go with glitter book bomb. Smiley

In all seriousness, I've given plenty of books to local libraries. My wife borrows from them all the time as well.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:11:19 PM

What you do with the book really depends on what part you hate-- the book itself or the fans. If you hate the book, toss it in the trash. If you hate the fans, then the opportunities for trolling are endless. Like copying the entire book, but changing certain aspects of it to make Bella have a vampire AND wolf baby twins, and have Jacob is actually gay and was only angry because Bella was taking his dream man away from him. Release the book on the internet as the "leaked original" and watch the madness unfold.

quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 10:42:10 AM

What you do with the book really depends on what part you hate-- the book itself or the fans. If you hate the book, toss it in the trash. If you hate the fans, then the opportunities for trolling are endless. Like copying the entire book, but changing certain aspects of it to make Bella have a vampire AND wolf baby twins, and have Jacob is actually gay and was only angry because Bella was taking his dream man away from him. Release the book on the internet as the "leaked original" and watch the madness unfold.

The only thing I know out of the book is the names because of the "Team Edward" and "Team Jacob" posses that were rolling around at one time.

My wife is a Twilight fan and now I understand why she named her cat, Bella. I never knew the chicks name was Bella until this post, haha.

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: