Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:38:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to sell bitcoins and receive funds?  (Read 3801 times)
djex (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2011, 10:56:56 PM

Hello, I'm new to bitcoin and mining. I've been reading a lot on the forums and doing my fair share of research about it. One thing I haven't really found was a way to sell bitcoins (on the market or through disposable credit card) and then have the funds put into my paypal account. I see that Mt. Gox uses LibertyReserve but I'm not familiar with that service or even how it works. Also it would seem Mt. Gox only deals with US residents for direct deposit from what I read on their site. I'm from Canada.

I'd like to use paypal since it's already set up for my bank and would make it a lot easier to manage my funds in and out.

What are some recommendations?

Smiley  : 1LbvSEJwtQZKLSQQVYxQJes8YneQk2yhE3
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2011, 11:06:11 PM

you can trade your bitcoins for paypal with any trustable member here
like myself  Wink

I can give you 0.73 USD PP / BTC right now, and I pay all fees
you need to send BTC first, pls send me a PM if interested

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
Keefe

Activity: 681
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2011, 11:21:18 PM

You can find many traders at bitcoin-otc.com (#bitcoin-otc on Freenode). You do need to be careful about receiving PayPal though. It's certainly the most convenient method for both sides of a trade, but you want to be sure you can trust the sender to not use a stolen account or file a chargeback claiming they didn't authorize the payment. Bitcoin-otc has a "Web of Trust" where you can see who trusts who.

I can also buy your BTC with PayPal, or you can sell them at MtGox and sell me the MtGox USD (you'd transfer the USD from your account there to mine) for PayPal. I have a good reputation at bitcoin-otc. Gusti is someone I trust as well.

nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 09, 2011, 11:31:24 PM

You can elect to have cash deposited to any Canadian bank.

cdhowie

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2011, 11:53:08 PM

I'd like to use paypal since it's already set up for my bank and would make it a lot easier to manage my funds in and out.

What are some recommendations?

I know that CoinCard does automated BTC->PayPal conversions.

Tips are always welcome and can be sent to 1CZ8QgBWZSV3nLLqRk2BD3B4qDbpWAEDCZ

Thanks to ye, we have the final piece.

PGP key fingerprint: 2B7A B280 8B12 21CC 260A  DF65 6FCE 505A CF83 38F5

SerajewelKS @ #bitcoin-otc
Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
April 10, 2011, 12:01:47 AM

Check out nanaimogold.com and bitcoin2cc.com as well.

djex (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2011, 12:12:20 AM

Thanks for the great information.

bitcoin-otc.com and nanaimogold.com looks to be my best options for a quick and easy transfer to a paypal account.

Gusti and Keefe I will keep you two in mind. At the moment I'm not looking to sell but in the near future I will be. Just doing my research first Smiley

Does CoinCard send the funds to a paypal account or is it only a gift card sort of thing?

Smiley  : 1LbvSEJwtQZKLSQQVYxQJes8YneQk2yhE3
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
April 10, 2011, 12:56:58 AM

(adding thread to my watchlist)

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
mndrix
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 10, 2011, 05:05:24 AM

Does CoinCard send the funds to a paypal account or is it only a gift card sort of thing?

If you choose "PayPal payment" from the gift card drop down, CoinCard will send you a PayPal payment after 2 confirmations of your Bitcoin payment.  You pay no fees to receive the PayPal payment.  See the full price list for further fee details.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: