Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:00:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anarchic p2p Litecoin Market Portal  (Read 3847 times)
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 07:08:37 PM

Litecoin Market

To use, you must download and install the free Osiris Serverless Portal System software.  http://www.osiris-sps.org/

When you have Osiris running in the background, click the Litecoin Market link above and join the portal.

The board is anarchic, meaning that there isn't a moderator or anyone else who can censor your posts without recourse.  The forum will take its shape on a reputation system, meaning users with high reputations will have their content confirmed by the system, while users with bad reputations will find their contributions naturally ousted.  Censors and attackers will naturally receive bad reputations and any changes they make will automatically revert back, or so this seems to be what Osiris is advertising.

Additionally, the system is anonymous, meaning that individual users can't be traced to individual IP addresses.  This is what Osiris is claiming.  I am not knowledgeable enough to know if this is actually the case.

We have Litecoins.  Let's see if we can get a market going where they might actually be worth something!

Why make it harder for someone to join a Litecoin market by making them install portal software first?

Is it because of the nature of this particular LTC market? (Anarchic?)

Just Curious, thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rejinx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 11:59:02 PM

Started using litecoin today, will check this out.

It is currently devoid of life.

It is actively mined, from what I've been reading in the Litecoin forum.

And actively traded on BTC-E and Vircurex.

Has Coblee given up the ghost on LTC?
I didn't mean LTC, I meant this board.
michaelmclees (OP)

Activity: 633

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 04:18:17 PM

Litecoin Market

To use, you must download and install the free Osiris Serverless Portal System software.  http://www.osiris-sps.org/

When you have Osiris running in the background, click the Litecoin Market link above and join the portal.

The board is anarchic, meaning that there isn't a moderator or anyone else who can censor your posts without recourse.  The forum will take its shape on a reputation system, meaning users with high reputations will have their content confirmed by the system, while users with bad reputations will find their contributions naturally ousted.  Censors and attackers will naturally receive bad reputations and any changes they make will automatically revert back, or so this seems to be what Osiris is advertising.

Additionally, the system is anonymous, meaning that individual users can't be traced to individual IP addresses.  This is what Osiris is claiming.  I am not knowledgeable enough to know if this is actually the case.

We have Litecoins.  Let's see if we can get a market going where they might actually be worth something!

Why make it harder for someone to join a Litecoin market by making them install portal software first?

Just Curious, thanks.

3 reasons.  1 - It cannot be shut down.  2 - According to the Osiris developers, it is semi-anonymous, where IP addresses cannot be connected to any particular user.  3 - The nature of the board is that it is created by the users, where good content is kept and bad content is purged according to a semi-democratic system.
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 05:54:15 PM

Just Curious, thanks.

3 reasons.  1 - It cannot be shut down.  2 - According to the Osiris developers, it is semi-anonymous, where IP addresses cannot be connected to any particular user.  3 - The nature of the board is that it is created by the users, where good content is kept and bad content is purged according to a semi-democratic system.

Now I understand, thanks for clarifying.
Joshwaa

Activity: 497

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 08:35:23 PM

Could you point me to a thread/link that has min specs for a decent Litecoin mining PC/rig?
Bit of a novice here who wants to join the LTC pool.
Thanks in advance!

There's a wiki page, but it needs to be updated.
https://github.com/coblee/litecoin/wiki/Mining-hardware-comparison

Roughly, this is the expected performance for today's 64-bit CPUs:
  • AMD K8-based processors (e.g. Athlon 64) do about 1 khash/s per GHz per core.
  • AMD K10-based processors (e.g. Phenoms and recent Semprons) yield about 1.8 khash/s per GHz per core.
  • Early Intel Core 2 processors give about 2.1 khash/s per GHz per core.
  • More recent Intel Core processors can go up to 3 khash/s per GHz per core.
  • A Playstation 3 can do 34 khash/s (total) using the Cell/BE optimized miner by ssvb.

A list of mining pools is available here:
https://github.com/coblee/litecoin/wiki/Comparison-of-mining-pools
(OzCoin is temporarily down for server upgrade, they will be back soon.)

Just to add i7-2600k @4.8 running 6 threads 35KHash I have not tried 8 treads.

Like what I said : 1JosHWaA2GywdZo9pmGLNJ5XSt8j7nzNiF
Don't like what I said : 1FuckU1u89U9nBKQu4rCHz16uF4RhpSTV
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: