Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:47:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OReilly@FOXNews.com  (Read 6458 times)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:17:31 AM

Yesterday John Stossel came on "The Factor" and argued about how safe weed is, so I think if he gets enough emails about Bitcoin O'Reilly might talk about it on his show.

Add your name and location if you want him to reply to your email on the air.

BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:41:48 AM

If someone watches Fox news on a daily basis I'm not interested in getting them into Bitcoin.

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:49:25 AM

The plus is that he has a lot of viewers.
The negative?

Such a nice guy  Smiley

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:12:36 AM

If someone watches Fox news on a daily basis I'm not interested in getting them into Bitcoin.

Most coiners are libertarian, soo... Kinda fighting a losing battle there.

BitcoinBobbeh

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:14:32 PM

No, the most vocal coiners are libertarian.

The "new paradigm" weirdos and the ones who think it will completely replace the dollar are but a drop in the bucket. The real potential for growth lies in the millions and millions of young people in America and other developed/developing nations worldwide.

Aside from the point: Real Libertarians don't watch Fox News. To their credit, they take a pretty neutral stance on a lot of issues. They don't impose their personal beliefs on others or sign them into law. On a political level, they don't really give a fuck about pot legalization or gay marriage or most social issues - they just defer those votes to individual states and rely on the constitution for everything else.

I'd have been okay with Ron Paul in office.

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
vpitcher07

Activity: 342

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:20:24 PM

I'm not a hardcore libertarian but I do believe a lot in libertarian ideals. That said, fox news sucks, cnn sucks, msnbc sucks...If you watch mainstream news, you're just as f*cked as the guy who watches the other channel...

Bitcoin: The currency of liberty
1HBJSf3Lm9i8KxjZ7fuoN9FJ8hniniFbv4
MashRinx

Activity: 389

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:25:15 PM

The LAST thing I want is to see what Bill O'Reilly has to say about Bitcoin.  He will make NO effort whatsoever to actually learn anything about it and will make a knew-jerk reaction based upon what he has heard so far, and most of that is probably FUD and just wrong. 

Then, he'll report that as "news" and since he said it there will be that many more people that have to unlearn what they have been "taught", and only because "well, I heard Bill O'Rilly say"...
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:32:23 PM

I love OReilly. He's the funniest dufus ever. It's hilarious to watch him struggle with understanding even the most basic facts in any subject. Him trying to get his head around bitcoin would be like watching a dog attend a math class.  Cheesy

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 03:41:13 PM

I love OReilly. He's the funniest dufus ever. It's hilarious to watch him struggle with understanding even the most basic facts in any subject. Him trying to get his head around bitcoin would be like watching a dog attend a math class.  Cheesy

+1

He can also make the uneducated believe almost anything, even if it is totally wrong.  He is a master of sound bites and talking points but not of reality. 

ryanmnercer

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 04:12:31 PM

How about instead, you write a blog post instead of emailing him. Expalin to the world why YOU use bitcoin, why YOU want it to catch on, what YOU see as a wonderful benefit of it and post it online. Then share it to anyone who will listen.

Buy peptides with BTC
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:16:11 PM

Think of the demographic.

Paranoid, anti government people.

Getting O'Reilly to present Bitcoin as an alternative to the "hitler muslim" president's controlled currency would get them on board, and increase bitcoin adoption.

In the end that's all that matters. 

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
bbeagle

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:52:28 PM

But they aren't ant-government. They're a mix.

They're pro-government for things they want to control (i.e. no abortions, no gay marriage, programs to help businesses, army/navy/air force/marines) but anti-government for things they don't want government controlling (guns, religion, programs to help the poor, programs to help workers).

Republicans control most of the money - why would they want to lose control? It would be a hard sell to get the rich to move to bitcoins. They know lots of other ways to make money that they understand.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:32:06 AM

The "new paradigm" weirdos and the ones who think it will completely replace the dollar are but a drop in the bucket. The real potential for growth lies in the millions and millions of young people in America and other developed/developing nations worldwide.

Thank God. I have been waiting for people that want to start school based coins and country based coins and city based coins and organization based coins. THAT is the future of coining.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:32:41 AM

The LAST thing I want is to see what Bill O'Reilly has to say about Bitcoin.  He will make NO effort whatsoever to actually learn anything about it and will make a knew-jerk reaction based upon what he has heard so far, and most of that is probably FUD and just wrong. 

Then, he'll report that as "news" and since he said it there will be that many more people that have to unlearn what they have been "taught", and only because "well, I heard Bill O'Rilly say"...

It's not about hearing his opinion, it's about getting old fear mongers to want it.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:33:26 AM

How about instead, you write a blog post instead of emailing him. Expalin to the world why YOU use bitcoin, why YOU want it to catch on, what YOU see as a wonderful benefit of it and post it online. Then share it to anyone who will listen.

I already make forum posts all over. And I have even made a few Facebook groups.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:34:23 AM

Getting O'Reilly to present Bitcoin as an alternative to the "hitler muslim" president's controlled currency would get them on board, and increase bitcoin adoption.

In the end that's all that matters. 

-B-

Exactly.

BitcoinBobbeh

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:35:56 AM

Thank God. I have been waiting for people that want to start school based coins and country based coins and city based coins and organization based coins. THAT is the future of coining.

One of us isn't understanding the other. I don't know which.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:36:58 AM

One of us isn't understanding the other. I don't know which.

Did you not say that the potential is in young people in America and Developing countries?

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:40:13 AM

I think my grandparents watch this guy. Pretty sure no one in his viewership would care about bitcoins.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:50:48 AM

I think my grandparents watch this guy. Pretty sure no one in his viewership would care about bitcoins.

Ok, do you think they care about weed and Tesla? Not until it's on his show they don't.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: