Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:24:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best method of selling your hardware?  (Read 777 times)
killinitsoftly (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:33:10 AM

I'm trying to get a grasp of the different methods people use selling gear & the pros/cons of each.  I'm in the process of trying to sell my Terraminer IV, but unsure about how to safely sell and not get the ringer.

I am considering eBay right now because of the fiat:BTC exchange.  I am too sketched by CL (posted, but too hesitant to let strangers into my house).

What do YOU do and what would YOU suggest?

Thanks everyone!!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
killinitsoftly (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:56:08 AM

Another option I have been considering is simply selling my current hash power on a GH/s basis.
Is there any way to do this?  Any services that would act as the middleman for something like this?

Maybe a radical option... but one I would like to consider at least.
cr4sh0verride

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:04:41 AM

If you wanted to go down that second route this is probably your best bet

http://leaserig.net/
killinitsoftly (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:24:10 AM

I'll definitely do some research tomorrow.
Thanks for that.
Any other suggestions, welcome!

What should I be concerned of if doing a Paypal transaction?
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 05:42:12 AM

I'll definitely do some research tomorrow.
Thanks for that.
Any other suggestions, welcome!

What should I be concerned of if doing a Paypal transaction?
Paypal, they love nothing more than to screw you over.  The buyer will mine for a few weeks/months and then say something is wrong with it, they'll chargeback, you'll fight and lose, kiss your money goodbye.  They might be a bit better now that eBay added their virtual currency category, I guess only time will tell...

lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:55:21 AM

Its not paypal but the buyers and sellers that are fradulent and they use this platform ebay to expand their criminal activities...
Now ebay and paypal with their customer oriented policies help and participate in this fraud.
Being an seller for about 10 years on the bay I have a number of cases each year and long stories to tell
about money lost.I also must say that with listed 2500 items on the bay offering for nearly a month bitcoin as a payment method I have not seen anyone to ask me if he can pay with bitcoins(my feedback is 99,7) with more than 700 transactions yearly.I dont know nobody from this forum has bitcoins to spent on the bay???
Anyway its people not the platforms that love to s---w us.
I purchased on 14/2 a miner that never came to me..... fighting with the post ebay and paypal finally got my money back and lost a hole month on mining...
Well you can sell on ebay but ask bitcoins or bank transfer these are non reversible transactions.

solitude

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:32:04 AM

I'm trying to get a grasp of the different methods people use selling gear & the pros/cons of each.  I'm in the process of trying to sell my Terraminer IV, but unsure about how to safely sell and not get the ringer.

I am considering eBay right now because of the fiat:BTC exchange.  I am too sketched by CL (posted, but too hesitant to let strangers into my house).

Thanks everyone!!!!

I'm in the same boat as you.  I'm pretty sure I'm just going to run my miners until they're paper weights and then toss them.

The ebay/paypal double rape fees are sickening and then there's the risk of someone doing a chargeback, so fuck that noise.

I really wish bitmit was still around, and I'm very surprised a quality bitcoin auction site hasn't popped up yet.

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 01:51:14 PM

Never used this site so can't speak to it's validity, but if you want to deal exclusively in Cryptocurrency:

https://cryptothrift.com/

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
pmorici

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:01:15 PM

I sold 40 of my old Block Erupters on eBay and never had a problem with scams.  Granted they were only like $20 each.  If you want to do Craig'sList but don't want people to come to your house you can always arrange to meet them in a public place like the parking lot of a local store with a lot of foot traffic.  It's kind of a bad time to be selling mining equipment though.  You could probably get more for it if you wait for the price to recover somewhat.
killinitsoftly (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:43:08 AM

I sold 40 of my old Block Erupters on eBay and never had a problem with scams.  Granted they were only like $20 each.  If you want to do Craig'sList but don't want people to come to your house you can always arrange to meet them in a public place like the parking lot of a local store with a lot of foot traffic.  It's kind of a bad time to be selling mining equipment though.  You could probably get more for it if you wait for the price to recover somewhat.

The problem is that most of the time people like to see the unit running... can't really plug in a 1000w~ unit in a Starbucks.  LOL
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:58:49 AM

Well some people may be shy about where they plug in that kinda power.
  Another option is Amazon, as a new seller it might take a minute to sell, without any feed back you will have to contend with others that do. A way around that is to use the Amazon Fulfillment center but it will cost you shipping and a small storage fee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: