Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:07:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My god LTC is "getting destroyed"  (Read 4063 times)
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:07:14 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 08:45:01 PM by kalus

Most of the comments here are here to massage egos rather than think rationally about each currency.

DOGE hashrate, LTC hashrate both equal one thing: blockchain security.  it doesn't make a difference whether people mine one or the other.

regardless of what DOGE thinks of LTC, or LTC thinks of DOGE both currencies are stronger if they merge.

Charles Lee made a proposal to the main DOGE dev. He declined to do mergemine. lol

I know.  this shows the DOGE dev doesn't appreciate the long term benefits to DOGE, esp. when most of the mining will be complete in 8 months. merge mining is a win-win, not a marginalisation of one coin for another.  it sounds more like a pissing contest rather than seriously considering the blockchain and network hashrate.

all of the paranoid talk about LTC miners dumping DOGE are overstated:  100 billion doge will be fully mined by jan 2015, so there really isn't that much time left to mine/dump a lot of doge.  the developers of doge should be planning a transition in the doge mining economy when mining transitions from coin production to purely transaction fees.

it will be interesting how doge plans to incentivise miners to secure the blockchain after 100b doge is done.  there is a marginal inflation rate, but there aren't enough coins at current prices to justify all that hashrate for 5b coins/year.  asics will get better, and currency will fluctuate so who knows what the cost-benefit will look like in a year.  but the one thing we do know is simply merge mining doesn't turn DOGE into LTC's bitch.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tristartek

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:15:07 PM

Bounce?

BTC: 1KTg6RkiHjovXqVfVB1a74NPPXLnoL1HNf
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:17:33 PM

Ltc over $13 next stop $20.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:35:50 AM

Most of the comments here are here to massage egos rather than think rationally about each currency.

DOGE hashrate, LTC hashrate both equal one thing: blockchain security.  it doesn't make a difference whether people mine one or the other.

regardless of what DOGE thinks of LTC, or LTC thinks of DOGE both currencies are stronger if they merge.

Charles Lee made a proposal to the main DOGE dev. He declined to do mergemine. lol

I know.  this shows the DOGE dev doesn't appreciate the long term benefits to DOGE, esp. when most of the mining will be complete in 8 months. merge mining is a win-win, not a marginalisation of one coin for another.  it sounds more like a pissing contest rather than seriously considering the blockchain and network hashrate.

all of the paranoid talk about LTC miners dumping DOGE are overstated:  100 billion doge will be fully mined by jan 2015, so there really isn't that much time left to mine/dump a lot of doge.  the developers of doge should be planning a transition in the doge mining economy when mining transitions from coin production to purely transaction fees.

it will be interesting how doge plans to incentivise miners to secure the blockchain after 100b doge is done.  there is a marginal inflation rate, but there aren't enough coins at current prices to justify all that hashrate for 5b coins/year.  asics will get better, and currency will fluctuate so who knows what the cost-benefit will look like in a year.  but the one thing we do know is simply merge mining doesn't turn DOGE into LTC's bitch.

Agreed.
He should be concerned about Doge miners dumping doggie bags.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: