Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:18:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Supermicro Workstation board, cpu's, ram (Dropped Prices, again )  (Read 1198 times)
xurious (OP)

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 12:35:42 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2012, 09:52:28 PM by xurious

Alright, the quick and dirty:

1x Supermicro c2sbx at $80 shipped each WITH 8GB of DDR3 ECC ram.
http://www.supermicro.nl/products/motherboard/Core/X38/C2SBX.cfm

1x Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 Yorkfield 2.66GHz LGA 775 95W $125 shipped
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115042

1x Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz LGA 775 65W $70 shipped
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115036

1x Zalman all copper heatsink, not sure exactly which mm fan $20 shipped or FREE if you buy a mobo/cpu combo. I know it has a few fins bent, your CPU or you won't ever notice a performance difference.
1x Generic tower based heatsink with copper heatpipes. Keeps the Cpu's cool enough. $15 shipped or free if you buy a mobo/cpu combo.

Picture in second post, to keep this one readable.

Whole bundle (Both boards, cpu's, ram and both heatsinks) for $300 shipped, plus I'll throw in 3x 120gb seagate sata hard drives, some sata cables.

These boards have worked great for my ESXi 5 boxes for quite awhile now. I'm only looking to upgrade so I can consolidate. This is a server/workstation class board. Not some foxconn/biostar $40 special. Set it and forget it. Look at the list of features those boards have. All boards need onboard USB female headers IMO!

Boards do not come with backplates,manual, cd's, no boxes with anything. I'll accept BTC, paypal (Gift only), partial LTC payment, dwolla, or cash.
The stuff gets shipped out via UPS with insurance in static bags and boxed properly.

I WILL HAND DELIVER! (For $20, payed ahead of time.) TO Chicago, Milwaukee, Green Bay, Madison. Fon Du Lac, Fox Valley area. Pretty much anywhere in south east Wisconsin.

As far as rep goes:
Ebay: xuriouspc
bitcointalk: Did a few sales here
heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=76276

SiaMining.com -- First PPS SiaMining Pool! 3%, VarDiff, Stratum Support
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xurious (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 01:04:04 AM

xurious (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 05:05:54 AM

Bump, looks like I have one board sold.

bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 06:37:56 AM

This is a server/workstation class board. Not some foxconn/biostar $40 special.
Not to crap in your thread, but I simply found that comment quite funny, as Foxconn build about 75% of all Intel Chipset motherboards (including most of Intel Retail boards) on the market. Biostar...perhaps questionable. Foxconn.....I think you would be pleasantly surprised if you really knew how much they were involved in motherboard manufacturing for other brands/companies.

Good luck with the sale.

xurious (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 12:54:27 PM

This is a server/workstation class board. Not some foxconn/biostar $40 special.
Not to crap in your thread, but I simply found that comment quite funny, as Foxconn build about 75% of all Intel Chipset motherboards (including most of Intel Retail boards) on the market. Biostar...perhaps questionable. Foxconn.....I think you would be pleasantly surprised if you really knew how much they were involved in motherboard manufacturing for other brands/companies.

Good luck with the sale.

I think a lot of it comes down to luck and personal experience.. I've owned 1 Foxconn board, which was a Newegg Shellshocker for about $40. I needed a quick replacement for a dead board. Well after loading it up with 2 5770's it just died. Installed XP just fine, mined on 1 card without an issue. As soon as I stuck the second, poof, toast. Took the card back out and would get the nothing when I hit the switch. PSU, both cards, cpu, ram etc all worked in a 3rd board.

I've seen a lot of Foxconn components on things, didn't know they made whole boards for other companies.

I'm just saying these wheren't the cheapest boards available and are quality built.

xurious (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 09:52:43 PM

Bump, budged the prices a bit.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: