Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:21:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Defending Capitalism  (Read 51492 times)
JA37

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2011, 10:53:13 PM

So, you're saying that it's alright if I let him and his family starve but it's not alright to make him an offer whereby he is able to save his family? That really makes no sense to me.

I don't see how this is analogous to my situation. Are you saying that before I exited my mother's birth canal I knew that I was going to be subject to taxes and therefore I shouldn't have been born if I didn't agree to it? That's plainly false. I'm not some guy moving into a house. I'm a guy kidnapped and taken on board a ship while asleep.

No, I'm not saying that it's alright to let him starve. Far from it, if you have the means to prevent it. But exploiting is something else than indifference.

Again, I don't live where you live, but where I'm at you don't start paying taxes until you start earning money over a certain threshold. That usually doesn't happen until you get a full time job, which is after mandatory school. So you're at least 16 when you get your first chance of paying taxes.
You've been living in the "house" for at least 16 years. If you don't like the bills that will come you know what to do.

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 11, 2011, 11:00:46 PM

No, I'm not saying that it's alright to let him starve. Far from it, if you have the means to prevent it. But exploiting is something else than indifference.

If I refuse to help him, is it acceptable if he or someone else holds a gun to my head until I agree to help him?

Again, I don't live where you live, but where I'm at you don't start paying taxes until you start earning money over a certain threshold. That usually doesn't happen until you get a full time job, which is after mandatory school. So you're at least 16 when you get your first chance of paying taxes.
You've been living in the "house" for at least 16 years. If you don't like the bills that will come you know what to do.

Ah, except my parents were forced to send me to state run education, where I was told over and over again that government was good. It wasn't until much later that I was able to come to the realization on my own, that it is not.
NghtRppr (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2011, 11:10:49 PM

No, I'm not saying that it's alright to let him starve. Far from it, if you have the means to prevent it.

Then why would anybody bother to work when people like you will clothe and feed them? I'm sorry but I don't owe anyone anything like that. If you want to survive, do it yourself.

Ignore them? Jump in the ocean and drown? By the way, my bill to you is in the mail. If you keep living in your house then I'll assume you agree that it's legitimate.
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2011, 11:27:00 PM

Wait so your house had cable hooked up when you moved in so you just kept paying the bill?

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
April 11, 2011, 11:29:26 PM

This is somewhat funny to discuss anarchy rules.  Grin

Well... I'm on the safe side anyway, almost 2 mts tall, military training... just tip me of before you go on that "lack of state model" so I can gather the guys to run a protection racket (you don't want nothing bad to happen to you, do you?).  Grin

«I'm calling 911»... go for it... you dismissed the police, so what good will that do?  Grin

Then you can talk about not paying taxes to the government... as long as you pay them for me, be my guests... and if you don't I'll send Toni. Toni is a bit... retarded and slow, but has quite a good aim and can break bones with his bare hands. Handy guy!  Grin

And it could even be the first protection racket running on bitcoins Grin

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
April 11, 2011, 11:36:25 PM

Based on your English and the fact that you know a man named Toni, I'm guessing your military training was something like this.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2011, 11:40:30 PM

Based on your English and the fact that you know a man named Toni, I'm guessing your military training was something like this.

Sergei! Quite a Tovarichtch!  Tongue

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2011, 11:59:44 PM

you dismissed the police, so what good will that do?

Where would you rather spend the night, in a public park or Disney World? In a public park you are protected by the police but at Disney World you are protected by security guards. Somehow, I think I would feel safer at Disney World, especially once it gets dark.
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 12:07:29 AM

Where would you rather spend the night, in a public park or Disney World? In a public park you are protected by the police but at Disney World you are protected by security guards. Somehow, I think I would feel safer at Disney World, especially once it gets dark.

I do believe however that's due to DW security to has to do its job to get paid, whereas police force will paid anyway; if they actually do the dirty job or just pass parking tickets.

|

|
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2011, 12:16:53 AM

I do believe however that's due to DW security to has to do its job to get paid, whereas police force will paid anyway; if they actually do the dirty job or just pass parking tickets.

Ding, ding. We have a winner.

Competition good! Monopolies bad!

That's just my unfrozen caveman lawyer interpretation of it though.
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 12:29:01 AM

Not quite.
Without regulation you can get cartels. And taken you're talking about those who bears the force in the society it could be a very good business and outcome. In fact police acts as concurrence on those grounds too, it works to say to private muscles if they get too pushy there's always an alternative to deal with them.

|

|
wb3

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

^Check Out^ Isle 3

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 12:53:06 PM

Wait so your house had cable hooked up when you moved in so you just kept paying the bill?

I guess he really believes in the idea. Pay other peoples bills. I would be surprise if the old tenant is getting free cable from the generosity of the bill payer.

Can I send you my bills? Cable=$106, Power=$400, Phone=$50 ?  I will take BitCoin.

Net Worth = 0.10    Hah, "Net" worth Smiley
JA37

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 05:41:54 PM

If I refuse to help him, is it acceptable if he or someone else holds a gun to my head until I agree to help him?

Ah, except my parents were forced to send me to state run education, where I was told over and over again that government was good. It wasn't until much later that I was able to come to the realization on my own, that it is not.

I don't understand the fetish for guns, but as a general rule no. If however the village you live in and enjoys the benefits from together decides in a democratic fashion to collectivly help the unfortunate person, and you refuse, then yes, I do believe that they have the right to use certain means to make you pay.

Perhaps your parents believed that it was a good deal and wanted you to share their values. That's what parents do.

Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG
JA37

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 06:10:12 PM

No, I'm saying that if you move to a house where cable is a part of the rent, and you knew this moving in, you can't really complain.

­­­Atlas_

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 06:13:53 PM

I don't understand the fetish for guns, but as a general rule no. If however the village you live in and enjoys the benefits from together decides in a democratic fashion to collectivly help the unfortunate person, and you refuse, then yes, I do believe that they have the right to use certain means to make you pay.

Perhaps your parents believed that it was a good deal and wanted you to share their values. That's what parents do.

Okay, let's say I live in a democratic village full of sinners, whores and other freaks of nature and we all have to decide what we are going to do tonight. I want to watch Republican Party Reservation. They want to fuck me with switchblades and sexual organs I never knew existed. So I vote for television, and everyone else, as far as the eye can see, votes to fuck me with switchblades. People have the right to do this?
­­­Atlas_

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 06:15:44 PM

No, I'm saying that if you move to a house where cable is a part of the rent, and you knew this moving in, you can't really complain.
You mean "move" as in "forced out of your mother's womb" into a reality with rules you never agreed to?
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 06:18:58 PM

You mean "move" as in "forced out of your mother's womb" into a reality with rules you never agreed to?

Technically, you can't disagree or agree with anything when you're born.

JA37

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 06:19:51 PM

Okay, let's say I live in a democratic village full of sinners, whores and other freaks of nature and we all have to decide what we are going to do tonight. I want to watch Republican Party Reservation. They want to fuck me with switchblades and sexual organs I never knew existed. So I vote for television, and everyone else, as far as the eye can see, votes to fuck me with switchblades. People have the right to do this?

No. You can't put a rape to a vote. Don't be silly.

JA37

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 06:22:05 PM

Like I stated above. You had at least 16 years to figure out the rules, probably more. Counted from the time you were "forced out of your mothers womb".

­­­Atlas_

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 06:22:16 PM

...but my property/money can be put up for vote?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: