Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:46:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for 5 writers to publish articles on my blog  (Read 1158 times)
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 05:01:12 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2012, 05:51:23 PM by film2240

Hi,
I'm looking for 5 writers to publish articles on my blog to help me expand the content that is offered to my readers.For more information about how to join and what the requirements are,here's the link:http://film2240.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/publishonthisblog/

You can choose from any of the subjects mentioned on the link to write about what you know on them.If interested,follow the instructions on that link ok. (PM me your email address and preview of article so that I can send invite to publish the articles on the blog.)

Please note that all articles are reviewed before publishing once you've finished writing them for the blog,so don't expect them to show up instantly (but I'll do me best to speed this up when reviewing this.).This is to help weed out the spammers and help preserve the high standards for articles my readers have come to expect from my blog.

I hope this info helps and have a nice day :-)

Update:Typos corrected and link is now working

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 05:15:31 PM

The above post and the target of the link are typographically broken, mostly by basic mistakes, such as missing spaces after punctuation and not using the forum's hyperlink feature. Likewise, spelling mistakes such as "have a nce day", which the browser displays on typing.

Not a good start to get quality bloggers on board.
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 05:21:47 PM

What's the pay? I will write about bitcoin and technology if I get to retain copyright on my work or can license it under CC share alike so anyone can copy it elsewhere.

My writing: http://bitcoinmedia.com/
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 05:27:04 PM

The above post and the target of the link are typographically broken, mostly by basic mistakes, such as missing spaces after punctuation and not using the forum's hyperlink feature. Likewise, spelling mistakes such as "have a nce day", which the browser displays on typing.

Missing spaces after punctuation is not a typographical error. In fact, in countries like Mexico it is customary to not include spaces after them. Also, realize that the forum's hyperlink feature is not mandatory.

I don't have any experience with blogging at all, but I think that the completely different writing styles which would be published will confuse possible readers. How will you preserve the high standards if there are no standards at all?
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 05:52:33 PM

Thanks for bringing the issues to my attention,Vandrioy.As of now,the issues raised have been resolved.

film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 06:02:58 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2012, 07:17:28 PM by film2240

Missing spaces after punctuation is not a typographical error. In fact, in countries like Mexico it is customary to not include spaces after them. Also, realize that the forum's hyperlink feature is not mandatory.

I don't have any experience with blogging at all, but I think that the completely different writing styles which would be published will confuse possible readers. How will you preserve the high standards if there are no standards at all?

Thanks for your feedback dree12.Standards are not always easy to preserve,which is why good collaboration between the author and original poster is important.The blog in general does follow standards to a degree like most websites should.I'll admit that mistakes and issues do slip through the net from time to time however.

As for pay,well I haven't really decided on the pay but I was hoping that allowing authors to have their own donate QR codes and BC addresses at the end of their articles will help them get the tips that they deserve (which will happen as I believe in credit where it is due).

Tip to prospective authors.If you wish to get tipped,add a QR code along with your BTC address so that more people can easily tip you or use another way to make the process even easier.Also people should use the like and share features of the blog so that the authors know that their articles have been well recieved by the readers.

As for the important issue of IP (Intellectual property) and copyright of their articles,You are more than welcome to preserve your own copyright or use CC to let people use the article as you see fit.That is all up to you as I can simply let people publish on my blog via invite.The rest like tipping and copyright/licensing is all up to the author to help keep things fair.If I need to use the article for something,I'll make sure to ask beforehand if that's ok with you.

Articles about bitcoin and technology are welcome.The list on the desired topics list is not exhaustive on the blog so this is open to negotiation or suggestion.

I hope this helps. :-)

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2012, 01:22:58 AM

The blog in general does follow standards to a degree like most websites should.

I'm not a wordsmith, but I spotted 11 errors in the following quote. Can you find only 3 of them?

A writers must meet these requirements:

1.Must have reasonable spelling and grammar

2.Must not link to websites that are unsuitable for the content of this blog (adult content,gambling or scams,e.t.c) in their articles.

3.Must have (reasonable to) good knowledge of the subject they are writing about.
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2012, 11:46:53 AM

The blog in general does follow standards to a degree like most websites should.

I'm not a wordsmith, but I spotted 11 errors in the following quote. Can you find only 3 of them?

A writers must meet these requirements:

1.Must have reasonable spelling and grammar

2.Must not link to websites that are unsuitable for the content of this blog (adult content,gambling or scams,e.t.c) in their articles.

3.Must have (reasonable to) good knowledge of the subject they are writing about.

To be honest,it all seemed fine when I checked it last time.Fixed the missing fullstop on the first point though.I do refer to the writers articles as "...their articles..." because they are not written by me. In UK when you wish to quote something that is really long,we use this "...their articles..." because that saves us time and makes your point clear.I got that tip from high school.Since I'm not sure where the other errors are,I'll be asking other readers on here to point them out if there are any mistakes or if it's written properly.You can also add extra info in brackets so that you get the idea without the need to say too much like I did so that the guidance for what content is and isn't suitable for the article.

Since we've largely got the standards sorted out now,I think I'll focus my efforts on find writers who are interested in publishing their articles on there.I like to give interested authors a voice for publishing their articles.If any of you know of anyone who may be interested,can you please tell them to either PM me on here or reach me on twitter @film2240 with the hashtag writer,thanks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: