Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:28:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much money you've lost due to SCAMs?  (Read 2404 times)
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:03:41 PM

A lot, don't trust anyone, NO ONE on the internet.

especially on the forum where many threads promise to make you rich.
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:54:19 PM

But...as the behavioural-finance experts have shown, buying low and selling high is profoundly "inhuman" and hard to pick up unless you're practically raised from childhood to do it. The people who master the skill (to the extent which anyone can) tend to become really cynical as a result.

Heh.  Some of us found the skill relatively easy to master because we were terrifyingly cynical people in the first place.

In fact, I was too cynical to buy bitcoin back when it was really low.  I figured Satoshi was just running a scam, you know?  In fact, I still think he might have been running a scam, but at this point it doesn't matter anymore.  At least not to me.

The nice side is that I find it fairly easy to make money in open markets. 

The not-so-nice side is that the rare artist whose work I actually like usually either commits suicide or becomes an inpatient at a mental institution with a few years of starting his or her "best" work.  Either way, of course, they stop making art.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 11:19:07 PM

But...as the behavioural-finance experts have shown, buying low and selling high is profoundly "inhuman" and hard to pick up unless you're practically raised from childhood to do it. The people who master the skill (to the extent which anyone can) tend to become really cynical as a result.

Heh.  Some of us found the skill relatively easy to master because we were terrifyingly cynical people in the first place.

In fact, I was too cynical to buy bitcoin back when it was really low.  I figured Satoshi was just running a scam, you know?  In fact, I still think he might have been running a scam, but at this point it doesn't matter anymore.  At least not to me.

The nice side is that I find it fairly easy to make money in open markets. 

The not-so-nice side is that the rare artist whose work I actually like usually either commits suicide or becomes an inpatient at a mental institution with a few years of starting his or her "best" work.  Either way, of course, they stop making art.

Already cynical...I shoulda known. As you probably figured out, I'm not at heart. Live long and prosper...especially the first  Shocked

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Cryddit
Legendary

Merit: 1129

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:57:43 PM

Well, it's not as though you really need to be hugely cynical to have greater than average success in the marketplace.  You just need to be a little more cynical than the average for the people around you. 

It's kind of like that old joke about hikers getting chased by a bear.  Nobody can outrun the bear, but the ones that outrun the other hikers survive.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 12:12:42 AM

Well, it's not as though you really need to be hugely cynical to have greater than average success in the marketplace.  You just need to be a little more cynical than the average for the people around you. 

It's kind of like that old joke about hikers getting chased by a bear.  Nobody can outrun the bear, but the ones that outrun the other hikers survive.

A bit of doublethink helps too.  Wink

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

alxs

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:39:28 AM

+1
chrism1

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:42:26 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 05:05:44 AM by chrism1

Doesnt anyone here remember e-gold or learned from it or is everyone too young to remember the mass scamming and chaos that went on back in the mid 2000's with e-gold and exchanges. Bitcoin is a breath of fresh air for those scammers.
Its like deja vu ALL OVER AGAIN except with bitcoin now and the insane amount of alt coins

There is so much of this cryptocurreny mirrors the e-gold currency, HYIP investment scams of the last 10 yrs. Now, the altcoins are the new HYIPs and the exchanges are like the HYIP monitors that would advertise their buddies scam sites and rip you off. Fake stats and the whole shebang, exactly like the e-coin market we have now. So much is the same and
One thing that never changed= the scamming
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:52:15 AM

Not too much so far. Depending on what happens with cryptorush, I may have lost about 0.5 btc or so - the rest I was able to get off as altcoins without really taking a bath. I jumped ship from coinmarket the second they started getting fishy - I was one of those people who kept trying to get on the site like 10000 times a day and managed to get a withdrawal while the site was up for a minute or two.
D05GTO

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:42:21 AM

That's why never hold coins on anonymous exhanges/sites.   All these new shady exchanges are only good for dumping some coin no wants and running with the BTC.

For a reliable, trustworthy exchange I use Atomic-Trade.  FINCEN Licensed MSB, Owner is totally honest and transparent.  Doesn't get any better.   People should be flocking there in droves to get away from all the scams and do some honest trading.  Maybe they didn't spend a ton for advertising.   Anyway, try it and if you like it recommend it to friends.

If not, I would definitely like to know why?   Seems everyone is looking to get ripped off and want it that way.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:58:51 AM

I gave someone a loan of 0.0011BTC and never seen it again, I do have their email and other information but its not worth it to me.

dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:44:32 PM

That's why never hold coins on anonymous exhanges/sites.   All these new shady exchanges are only good for dumping some coin no wants and running with the BTC.

For a reliable, trustworthy exchange I use Atomic-Trade.  FINCEN Licensed MSB, Owner is totally honest and transparent.  Doesn't get any better.   People should be flocking there in droves to get away from all the scams and do some honest trading.  Maybe they didn't spend a ton for advertising.   Anyway, try it and if you like it recommend it to friends.

If not, I would definitely like to know why?   Seems everyone is looking to get ripped off and want it that way.

Probably because they don't have many coins, many of the ones they do are obscure/unwanted, and they have low volume.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: