Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:47:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Bitcoin 2.0?  (Read 1015 times)
iraszl (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 257

Enthusiast

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:30:26 PM

There is lots of talk about Bitcoin 2.0. I attempted to collect a couple of use cases and describe services that together make up this somewhat unfortunate term:

What is Bitcoin 2.0?

Please let me know if I made mistakes or missed out something. Thanks!
BenAnh

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:32:19 PM

No BTC will ever be lost due to hacking or lost private keys! It's going to be always 21M with the exact number.
@ThisWeeksCoin

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 01:32:25 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 01:45:37 PM by @ThisWeeksCoin

Seems interesting. First time hearing of BTC2.0

Going to read.

Thanks

-TWC

╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗
= Altcoin creation, promotion & giveaways =
╚═══════════════════════════════════════╝
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:36:06 PM

Just a suggestion: wouldn't it be nice to post the links to your blog all in one thread, preferably under Press or something?

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
iraszl (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 257

Enthusiast

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:41:24 PM

Just a suggestion: wouldn't it be nice to post the links to your blog all in one thread, preferably under Press or something?

Thanks! I don't mind, whatever works best for the community. I don't want to spam or annoy anyone! I know different people like to use the forum in different ways. I feel that one thread will be impossible to follow. How would one know if the thread got a new story on it or it's a new comment?
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:48:42 PM

Thanks! I don't mind, whatever works best for the community. I don't want to spam or annoy anyone! I know different people like to use the forum in different ways. I feel that one thread will be impossible to follow. How would one know if the thread got a new story on it or it's a new comment?
Well, I personally would consider anything else than a single thread Spam.
And people would know about news in your thread because it shows up as "new" Wink

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Chillin_with_beer

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:55:51 PM

This is a bit like peershares with extras (http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?board=61.0)
However, peershares has a seperate blockchain for each company distributing shares. Does bitcoin 2.0 have one huge blockchain, or multiple small ones?
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:14:26 PM

Bitcoin 2.0 was suppose to mean the new gold, making it numberical gold currecny

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4528

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:26:55 PM

bitcoin 2.0 is a layer above bitcoin. it makes peoples lives easier and transactions work better. i truely hope bitcoin 2.0 sticks with the same blockchain and improves on the features a layer above the protocol. instead of making a new blockchain, as some have suggested in the past.

if bitcoin 2.0 uses a different blockchain then bitcoin 2.0 is just another altcoin that is different then bitcoin, but the creators want to hype it up as being bitcoin..

its like the lame brains that made bitcoin scrypt.. they are just trying to tether the "brand" name to their coin in attempt to try giving it instant value.

a true trust worthy store of value woul and should have a name of its own and earn that trust and value by actually having features that benefit the community. not because it uses an existant brand.

the protocol of "bitcoin 2.0" may indeed have better features, but using the bitcoin branding to suggest people should switch over to another blockchain is a scammy way of doing it.

if people want to move across they will do it naturally, not because they market their altcoin as being a needed bitcoin upgrade.

so i hope bitcoin 2.0 is a brand name of a layer of services that sit ontop of the main blockchain and using the main bitcoin blockchain. and not be a new altcoin pretending to be tethered to the bitcoin blockchain

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: