Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:19:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Schizophrenia?  (Read 4379 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 07:41:17 PM

In response to the following(s):

is so damn quiet without Atlas Sad

Yes we need someone else to make 10 new topics a day with the latest fox news/NPR talking points.  

What is a common symptom of schizophrenia?

• Occasional episodes of narcolepsy (only during the day)
  • A difficulty understanding and using information (see the FLT thread)
  • A rash on the back of the hands (mostly on the right palm).
  • Gastrointestinal distress (Holy Shit!)

Adding the fact that I think people are reading my posts, I think l'm Canadian.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ryland R. Taylor-Almanza
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 07:48:32 PM

Frankly, that's a very strange post, sir.

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄            
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄      
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █  
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀              
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 07:52:59 PM

Frankly, that's a very strange post, sir.

It's sire! The 'e' is silent.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 07:59:00 PM

Your list of symptoms threw me off.  I found it odd.  But, then again, maybe it was intended to be humorous.

Schizophrenia is about an excess of dopamine and responding to "internal stimuli."  Symptoms of schizophrenia are divided into two subtypes:  positive and negative symptoms (not "good" and "bad," but rather symptoms that either cause an excess or absence of typical functioning).  

For example, a positive symptom of schizophrenia may be laughing without an appropriate external cue to make the person laugh.  A negative symptom might be catatonia.  Positive symptoms are the things we typically think about when we think of schizophrenia such as auditory and visual hallucinations (e.g. if you hear funny voices, that may cause you to laugh).

Antipsychotic medications are designed to treat the positive symptoms and often do so successfully (or they at least cause a significant reduction of positive symptoms).  Conversely, negative symptoms are basically untreated by antipsychotic medications and are typically seen as more debilitating.  

Antipsychotics are split into two subtypes:  typical and atypical antipsychotics.  Typical antipsychotics were the first generation of antipsychotics (e.g. Haldol) while atypical antipsychotics (e.g. clozapine) are the 2nd generation of antipsychotics.  While both subtypes primarily treat positive symptoms only, and while there is (generally) no difference in general efficacy of either generation of antipsychotics, the atypical antipsychotics are generally purported to be safer and have decreased levels of side effects such as tardive diskenesia (though they usually do not eliminate the side effects completely).

Now you know  Grin
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 09:14:10 PM

Oh dear, what have I done. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 10:18:17 PM

I thought it was SomethingAwful which was supposed to be obsessed with Atlas.

And while people may have suggested that Atlas has some serious mental health issues, even the armchair psychologists have never suggested schizophrenia as a likely diagnosis.  His behaviour is much more suggestive of a major mood disorder.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 11:06:16 PM

Oh dear, what have I done. 

Words mean things!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 11:09:53 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2012, 11:31:18 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Your list of symptoms threw me off.  I found it odd.  But, then again, maybe it was intended to be humorous.

Schizophrenia is about an excess of dopamine and responding to "internal stimuli."  Symptoms of schizophrenia are divided into two subtypes:  positive and negative symptoms (not "good" and "bad," but rather symptoms that either cause an excess or absence of typical functioning).  

For example, a positive symptom of schizophrenia may be laughing without an appropriate external cue to make the person laugh.  A negative symptom might be catatonia.  Positive symptoms are the things we typically think about when we think of schizophrenia such as auditory and visual hallucinations (e.g. if you hear funny voices, that may cause you to laugh).

Antipsychotic medications are designed to treat the positive symptoms and often do so successfully (or they at least cause a significant reduction of positive symptoms).  Conversely, negative symptoms are basically untreated by antipsychotic medications and are typically seen as more debilitating.  

Antipsychotics are split into two subtypes:  typical and atypical antipsychotics.  Typical antipsychotics were the first generation of antipsychotics (e.g. Haldol) while atypical antipsychotics (e.g. clozapine) are the 2nd generation of antipsychotics.  While both subtypes primarily treat positive symptoms only, and while there is (generally) no difference in general efficacy of either generation of antipsychotics, the atypical antipsychotics are generally purported to be safer and have decreased levels of side effects such as tardive diskenesia (though they usually do not eliminate the side effects completely).

Now you know  Grin

So, what you're saying is that not only do I bring value to this BBS, but so do those that are following my every move. Interesting! (I'm sure Harv would have had a better retort than that, but that's the best I can do--while others watch me)
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 11:18:17 PM

Now you know  Grin

So, what you're saying is that not only do I bring value to this BBS, but so do those that are following my every move. Interesting! (I'm sure Harv would have had a being retort than that, but that's the best I can do--while others watch me)

That is EXACTLY what I said.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2012, 02:05:33 AM

Now you know  Grin

So, what you're saying is that not only do I bring value to this BBS, but so do those that are following my every move. Interesting! (I'm sure Harv would have had a being retort than that, but that's the best I can do--while others watch me)

That is EXACTLY what I said.

Great! Now join me to a helping of 'word salad'.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 02:08:12 AM

Your cloud tag needs to include "unremorsefully".

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2012, 03:26:22 AM

Your cloud tag needs to include "unremorsefully".

Unremorsefully, I snatched it from another site, hence its exclusion.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 03:36:20 AM

My favorite item in the salad is America, but I am pretty sure it's spelled Ammmuuurica.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2012, 03:56:43 AM

My favorite item in the salad is America, but I am pretty sure it's spelled Ammmuuurica.

What's your favorite word in this one?

RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 04:28:25 AM

What's your favorite word in this one?

Homes, obviously. I have always had a thing for cholos.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2012, 05:05:26 AM

This is getting really weird! I keep seeing this giant shadow behind me.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 05:15:09 AM

How do you know it's not really there?

Maybe schizophrenics have an incredible ability and we make the mistake of pushing them to the distant corners of society.  Maybe you're a savaant...at seeing shadows  Grin

What is the shadow telling you?  Make friends with it.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2012, 04:03:47 PM

How do you know it's not really there?

Maybe schizophrenics have an incredible ability and we make the mistake of pushing them to the distant corners of society.  Maybe you're a savaant...at seeing shadows  Grin

What is the shadow telling you?  Make friends with it.

This is so weird! I did exactly what you said, but prior to reading your post. I asked my new shadow person his name, and he answered with "Savaant". Now that I've made contact, a whole host of "Shadow People" have been following me.

Here's a picture of Savaant:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: