Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:24:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Year's Resolution  (Read 1977 times)
j]

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 12:14:41 AM

1280x800@75Hz Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xscribble

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 06:48:03 AM

Finish more projects.
 I have a bad happen of starting things and getting distracted and moving on to something new.
rwcp97

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 09:25:56 AM

stop smoking - smokefree for more than a week already  Smiley
robputt796

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 09:29:25 AM

Mine is to secure myself a job when I finish my degree. :-).
TheHeroMember (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2012, 02:26:43 AM

Cool, goodluck mate.  Smiley

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 02:30:29 AM

good for you, m8!  You taking any medication or doing some activity to help with the addiction and habit breaking?

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 03:05:10 AM

good for you, m8!  You taking any medication or doing some activity to help with the addiction and habit breaking?

I got a nicotine inhaler and was able to kick a pack-a-day habit pretty easily. Gum and lozenges killed my stomach, and I imagine patches would leave my hands unoccupied and wanting a cigarette. Having something cigarette-like to puff on every time I had a craving was great. It's a passive inhaler with 2mg delivered cartridges that load into a thing that's sort of like the plastic tips on swishers.

I would recommend it to anyone trying to quit. The only caveat is their price: I think 160 cartridges was like, $300+ dollars if you paid cash, plus a doctor's visit to prescribe it. Mine was free courtesy of Los Angeles County. Check your state, city and county (or whatever the equivalent is where you are) as a lot of them have free or really cheap smoking cessation stuff. A lot of states have a 'quitline' program (google it) which provides free patches and 'counseling'.
bytecoins

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 08:59:41 PM

Wise !

Always invest in education.

I am to get a place in college this year !
TheHeroMember (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 02:20:31 AM

I got a nicotine inhaler and was able to kick a pack-a-day habit pretty easily. Gum and lozenges killed my stomach, and I imagine patches would leave my hands unoccupied and wanting a cigarette. Having something cigarette-like to puff on every time I had a craving was great. It's a passive inhaler with 2mg delivered cartridges that load into a thing that's sort of like the plastic tips on swishers.

I would recommend it to anyone trying to quit. The only caveat is their price: I think 160 cartridges was like, $300+ dollars if you paid cash, plus a doctor's visit to prescribe it. Mine was free courtesy of Los Angeles County. Check your state, city and county (or whatever the equivalent is where you are) as a lot of them have free or really cheap smoking cessation stuff. A lot of states have a 'quitline' program (google it) which provides free patches and 'counseling'.

Does nicotine inhaler removes nicotine in your lungs?

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 02:26:22 AM

No, it just supplies nicotine with no smoke or other irritants/carcinogens. It sort of circumvents the withdrawal symptoms from nicotine and lets you battle the psychological addiction by itself, which is the real hard one to kick. Once you don't feel the overwhelming compulsion to smoke, kicking the nicotine alone isn't too difficult since you can ween yourself off it.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 12:00:53 PM

No, it just supplies nicotine with no smoke or other irritants/carcinogens. It sort of circumvents the withdrawal symptoms from nicotine and lets you battle the psychological addiction by itself, which is the real hard one to kick. Once you don't feel the overwhelming compulsion to smoke, kicking the nicotine alone isn't too difficult since you can ween yourself off it.

Aye, one of the hardest habits to break due to the powerful psychological and physical addiction. Harder than even herion, some say. I'm a smoker and it's the last of my youthful vises I've yet to try and tackle. I rather enjoy my smokes but ultimatly realize, even if it does not kill me, it has a strong possibility of causing me discomfort or early termination later in life. It just seems something a rational person would not do to themselves.

If I do ever decide to take the plunge I will likely start with one of the electronic deals. I like the idea of it having the look and feel of a normal cig without the smell of all the smoke. Though, I will miss the smell of a fresh bag of tobacco. Thats for sure.

Well, cheers to everyone and all their new year's endeavours. My only true goal this year is to... coming soon(tm)..

Derek

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
nooblet

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 01:02:29 PM

Aye, one of the hardest habits to break due to the powerful psychological and physical addiction. Harder than even herion, some say. I'm a smoker and it's the last of my youthful vises I've yet to try and tackle. I rather enjoy my smokes but ultimatly realize, even if it does not kill me, it has a strong possibility of causing me discomfort or early termination later in life. It just seems something a rational person would not do to themselves.

If I do ever decide to take the plunge I will likely start with one of the electronic deals. I like the idea of it having the look and feel of a normal cig without the smell of all the smoke. Though, I will miss the smell of a fresh bag of tobacco. Thats for sure.

Well, cheers to everyone and all their new year's endeavours. My only true goal this year is to... coming soon(tm)..

Derek

I think the best way is to not start in the first place.

If you want to stop smoking you need to be poor Smiley That way if you can't afford to feed your family I don't think you will be spending money on tobacco.
KingLinkTiger

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 01:54:39 PM

If you want to stop smoking you need to be poor Smiley That way if you can't afford to feed your family I don't think you will be spending money on tobacco.
Well said.
harvester rabbit

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 04:35:01 PM

To leave no witnesses. Good so far.
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 05:12:25 PM

Derek

That's quite an unamerican view. The government will provide, even booze and cigarettes...
despoiler

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 07:51:39 PM

I don't do the New Year's resolution thing.  If you should be doing something then do it.  Associating a goal with a specific time of year is just you procrastinating or sub consciously setting yourself up for failure. 
TheHeroMember (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 02:15:13 AM

Derek

We'll i would rather smoke than to leave my family hungry.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: