Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:20:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions?  (Read 779 times)
TheHeroMember (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2012, 02:34:47 AM

Feel free to ask questions here.  Smiley

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trappermcnutt

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 05:34:31 PM

do you have experience with mt gox?  i just bought some bitcoin and have been required by mt gox to verify my account before i can withdraw/spend any of my money.  they are asking for photo ID and utility bills.

i don't understand how these things will verify anything seeing that my mtgox account is just a username and password with no real names or address associated? feels like i'm missing something obvious b/c no body else has asked this and i've read through many mt gox related posts.

new member here - sorry to post this question in several places but i don't have anything else to say about bitcoin right now and i'm trying to get my required posting in so i will be able to contact the mt gox guy on this forum with future issues.

thanks.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 05:36:33 PM

Anti-money laundering laws would traditionally require this. This is just them finally doing what they should have been doing in the first place. That said, it's interesting to see bitcoin turning into paypal via lazy community members.

bombartier357

Activity: 148

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2012, 12:29:05 AM

Where do bitcoins come from?
TheHeroMember (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2012, 04:18:25 AM

Where do bitcoins come from?

The Lord Satoshi has bestowed them upon us from on high.  All praise him.

Agree, lol.

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
subversivcoins

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 06:51:15 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2012, 07:06:28 AM by subversivcoins

what happens if I use a wrong bitcoin adress to send bitcoins to ? Like i forget one number or letter ?
if the adress exists someone else willg et it clear, but if this is not existing will it not transfer ?

Another Question:
Is it possible to install a mining software on a hosting server to mine there ? So I could use the machine Iam paying for more than I do normally... ! ?
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 08:13:09 AM

what happens if I use a wrong bitcoin adress to send bitcoins to ? Like i forget one number or letter ?
if the adress exists someone else willg et it clear, but if this is not existing will it not transfer ?

Another Question:
Is it possible to install a mining software on a hosting server to mine there ? So I could use the machine Iam paying for more than I do normally... ! ?

There is a checksum so it is highly unlikely that you can type a valid address if you forget a letter. Yes, it is possible to mine on a server, but note that you will earn almost nothing by mining with a CPU or with an NVIDIA card.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2012, 01:22:52 PM

Normal client won't let you send to an address that doesn't conform to the bitcoin standards.  Getting a standard one with typos or whatnot isn't probably.  If you did, the coins would be gone, no way to get them back.  Until someone generates that address that is, they'll have a nice surprise waiting for them. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: