Bitcoin Forum
August 02, 2024, 03:33:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I Verify that a Transaction is Mine?  (Read 550 times)
WatchTheif (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:58:54 PM

How does bitcoind know when a transaction is related or of relevance to my address(es)?

How can I check if a transaction is mine quickly? I understand gettransaction will throw an exception when it is not mine, but is there a faster way?

Cheers!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 4763

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:07:57 PM

I guess that depends on exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

Would walletnotify meet your needs?
WatchTheif (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:46:38 PM

I would like to know how the wallet processes transactions and determines which transactions belong to me and which do not.

Yes, walletnotify fires when a tx related to me has changed and whatnot. But I would like to understand the back end a little more in the bitcoind.
piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1356

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 07:56:35 PM

I would like to know how the wallet processes transactions and determines which transactions belong to me and which do not.

Yes, walletnotify fires when a tx related to me has changed and whatnot. But I would like to understand the back end a little more in the bitcoind.
Well man, it's a complex subject.
Nobody can explain it to you in like one post.
Had you have a specific question, that would be much easier.

How the wallet processes transactions - that's the ultimate question, but there is no ultimate answer. Just a lot of studying.

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:03:10 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 09:52:07 PM by Evil-Knievel

This message was too old and has been purged
WatchTheif (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:15:14 AM

@piotr_n yes I understand what I'm asking is a bit out of the norm. I'm just wondering if there is any quick way to identify what transaction is mine and what is not using a txid. It may be the case that I end up using gettransaction and just letting it throw an error when the tx is not mine. I just want to know what is available for this specific functionality.

@Ek yes I've looked up isMine in the CPP code, I understand some of it, thanks for verifying I'm headed in the right direction, it does explain a lot.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: