Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:05:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin fundraiser for March of Dimes Walk - April 27, 2014  (Read 1867 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rnp (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

Bullish on BitCoins

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 04:31:25 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 05:09:23 PM by rnp

LOCKED THREAD. NO DONATIONS RECEIVED BEYOND MY INITIAL BUMP.

This is just to see whether something like this could actually work.

I have a team walking in the March to Save Babies on Sunday, April 27th, 2014 in Erie, Pennsylvania.

Disclaimer: This effort is not officially approved by or authorized by the March of Dimes. This is one team's effort to raise Bitcoin resources to convert to USD to give to March of Dimes as part of a fundraiser.

My team "Nerd Squad" webpage is:
http://www.marchforbabies.org/s_team_page.asp?SeId=2117251&si=4278BD32-5FAF-4D09-937F-61FD34CE4FC9&editteam=true

If you're near, feel free to join. If you have USD laying around, feel free to donate directly through the page to the March of Dimes.

If you have BitCoin you'd like to donate, I've posted an address on that page:

1Nerdsbia9kFn5UqoPxXAWB4aTfn2CiBqf

Please donate by April 23rd so I can convert to USD in time!

I sent what I had left in my Qt wallet to the address as a test (not much).

Here is what I posted on the team page:

Want to donate through BitCoin? Send your BitCoin by April 22nd, 2014 (23:59 EDT) to:

1Nerdsbia9kFn5UqoPxXAWB4aTfn2CiBqf

This is our fundraising address.

Any BitCoin sent to this address will be converted to USD via CoinBase on April 23 for the purposes of having available by April 27th to turn in for the walk. Only the normal BitCoin transaction fees (up to B0.0001) and CoinBase withdrawl to USD fees (1%) impact the donation.

After we withdraw on April 23rd - the receiving organization may change to another one (i.e. PTO, German Club, Donors Choose, etc.). In any case, NO BitCoins will be used for personal use.   

I've tried to think of everything to be as transparent as possible.

The RNP in my username stands for Rabid Nerd Productions. I do have a day job, serve as a Webby Judge (IADAS), and I'm an elected official where I live.

Possibly Asked Questions:
  • Why BitCoin? Why not RandomCharityFundraisingCoin?
    • Because BTC is the easiest to convert to FIAT, which is what they accept. If you want to contribute an AltCoin, please convert to BTC and send by April 23rd, or convert to USD and contribute through the team page above
  • Why the March of Dimes? Why not RandomCharity?
    • All three of my children were born more than a month premature. Twins who are now 15, and a one year old son.
  • Why should I help you?
    • For one, the most I'll get is maybe a T-Shirt or entry into a contest of some sort out of it. For the most part, you'll be helping further research into helping preemie babies survive. If you don't want to contribute through me, find another team near you - or start your own!
    • That said, if for some reason contributions are significant, I would be willing to say hey - yeah I raised $X, but it was from the BitCoin community. I know people who work in local and national media that might be interested in such stuff.
  • Can I deduct a BitCoin contribution?
    • I have no idea. I am willing to provide receipts from the March of Dimes "offline contributions" tool for any documented contributions in USD through the simple formula of (BTC your donation / BTC all donations * USD exchange rate at withdrawl). I will not consider the transaction fees or even the 1% coinbase fees in that equation. I will cover them. That said, I've already added > BTC0.0001 to the address for the transaction fee. If you don't document the transaction or are anonymous, I can't provide a receipt.

Thank you for your time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rnp (OP)

Bullish on BitCoins

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 03:29:26 PM

This post is just to bump the thread (we can once a day, right?)
rnp (OP)

Bullish on BitCoins

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 03:17:01 PM

Bumpity bump.

Once upon a time there was a royal who participated in sport near the academy.

He had a minor scuffle and the Queen feared for him, so he was to live with a judge in the west.

He called for a coach and as it drew closer, the driver said woah and there was lace in the window.

He initially thought the coach was inadequate but he decided to say "Driver take me to the land that's fair".

When he arrived at the castle at twilight he told the driver, "Good day and good riddance"

He looked at his kingdom he was finally there, to sit on his throne as the Prince of Bel Aire.
rnp (OP)

Bullish on BitCoins

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 06:10:58 AM

Blood Moon bump.
rnp (OP)

Bullish on BitCoins

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 08:39:58 PM

I will not be on here until the 22nd. Final bump!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: