Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:47:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ChicagoCabbie (Rashid Temuri) is now a Proud Member of BitcoinTalk  (Read 6733 times)
btcinstant

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 02:39:44 AM

Ummmmmm... Me? ^^

More specifically http://www.btcinstant.com

Boy, I'm really screwed  up. First you had this: (Google Cache)

The easiest and most instant way to shop online with Bitcoins in the real world! Anywhere Visa/Mastercard is accepted. Buy rechargable credit cards with Bitcoins.

Now it reads this:

The easiest and most instant way to shop online with Bitcoins in the real world! Anywhere credit cards are accepted. Buy rechargable credit cards with Bitcoins.

But I found this: http://www.thebitcoinreview.com/site.php?site_id=763

The fastest and easiest way to shop online with Bitcoins in the real world! Anywhere Mastcards/Visa is accepted.

By a Reviewer:

Reviewed By: William Martin(Guest)

2011-11-28 14:34:44

Works exactly as advertised. Simple to use, extremely prompt service, the best BTC to credit card service that I've used.

Would buy again.

Please clarify, btcinstant, for it would be great if bitcoins could be converted to a re-loadable Visa.

~Bruno~

Not a problem Phinnaeus. So you are seeking specifically Visa ? My original provider just did Visa but the current one does Mastercard. Technically I have access to both. Then I thought about it isn't credit cards universal? Meaning most merchants accept both nowdays so to prevent confusion I just caused you  Wink  I decided to make it broad. But now seems you need Visa only?

Let me know what other further questions I can answer for you.
Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2012, 03:12:56 AM

Ummmmmm... Me? ^^

The easiest and most instant way to shop online with Bitcoins in the real world! Anywhere Visa/Mastercard is accepted. Buy rechargable credit cards with Bitcoins.

Now it reads this:

The easiest and most instant way to shop online with Bitcoins in the real world! Anywhere credit cards are accepted. Buy rechargable credit cards with Bitcoins.

The fastest and easiest way to shop online with Bitcoins in the real world! Anywhere Mastcards/Visa is accepted.

By a Reviewer:

Works exactly as advertised. Simple to use, extremely prompt service, the best BTC to credit card service that I've used.

Would buy again.

Please clarify, btcinstant, for it would be great if bitcoins could be converted to a re-loadable Visa.

~Bruno~

Not a problem Phinnaeus. So you are seeking specifically Visa ? My original provider just did Visa but the current one does Mastercard. Technically I have access to both. Then I thought about it isn't credit cards universal? Meaning most merchants accept both nowdays so to prevent confusion I just caused you  Wink  I decided to make it broad. But now seems you need Visa only?

Thanks.

Master Card would work just as well. That being the case, the problem is solved. Rashid accepts bitcons via Instawallet, then sends coins to BTCinstant to load/reload his MC which, in turn, he uses to buy gas for his taxi.

Now, tell me how this wouldn't work so that I can come up with another plan.

~Bruno~
btcinstant

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 04:45:32 AM

Ummmmmm... Me? ^^

Boy, I'm really screwed  up. First you had this: (Google Cache)

Now it reads this:

By a Reviewer:

Would buy again.

~Bruno~

Not a problem Phinnaeus. So you are seeking specifically Visa ? My original provider just did Visa but the current one does Mastercard. Technically I have access to both. Then I thought about it isn't credit cards universal? Meaning most merchants accept both nowdays so to prevent confusion I just caused you  Wink  I decided to make it broad. But now seems you need Visa only?

Thanks.

Master Card would work just as well. That being the case, the problem is solved. Rashid accepts bitcons via Instawallet, then sends coins to BTCinstant to load/reload his MC which, in turn, he uses to buy gas for his taxi.

~Bruno~

Nope, you nailed it perfectly. Now here are some caveats that could be a hindrance to our grand plan. Here they are:

• Now the maximum per card $50 ( but this is going to be raised to $100 shortly). If you could find out from Rashid just how much he plans to fill it up his taxi with I could figure out some more wiggle room to get this raised.
  • The fee is $4.95 first time loading Mastercard and $3.95 per re-load therafter. This might cut into his profit a little much to make it worthwhile but once again I'll get the jack hammer out and hammer out a way to reduce the fee. I just think a cabby accepting bitcoins is so cool.

These are the only (2) I can think of at the moment. Let me know what you think.

BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2012, 05:14:57 AM

Rashid should look at our Mobile Checkout!

https://bit-pay.com/aboutMobile.html

He can use his phone to type in an exact amount in USD, and hit the button.  We'll pull a real time exchange rate and give him a unique QR to show to the customer.  After the customer pays, Rashid's phone will alert him.

He doesn't have to know anything about bitcoins to use this.  We will send US Dollars to his bank account the next business day. 

He also does not have to assume any volatility risk to use this.  We will send him the gross amount of his orders minus our fee.  It doesn't matter how many bitcoins we collect, how long it takes for us to sell them, or what we can sell them for.    His net deposit is always a guaranteed amount. 

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2012, 05:42:34 AM

Rashid should look at our Mobile Checkout!

He can use his phone to type in an exact amount in USD, and hit the button.  We'll pull a real time exchange rate and give him a unique QR to show to the customer.  After the customer pays, Rashid's phone will alert him.

He doesn't have to know anything about bitcoins to use this.  We will send US Dollars to his bank account the next business day. 

He also does not have to assume any volatility risk to use this.  We will send him the gross amount of his orders minus our fee.  It doesn't matter how many bitcoins we collect, how long it takes for us to sell them, or what we can sell them for.    His net deposit is always a guaranteed amount.

Ummmmmm... Me? ^^

Now it reads this:

By a Reviewer:

Would buy again.

~Bruno~

Thanks.

~Bruno~

Nope, you nailed it perfectly. Now here are some caveats that could be a hindrance to our grand plan. Here they are:

• Now the maximum per card $50 ( but this is going to be raised to $100 shortly). If you could find out from Rashid just how much he plans to fill it up his taxi with I could figure out some more wiggle room to get this raised.
  • The fee is $4.95 first time loading Mastercard and $3.95 per re-load therafter. This might cut into his profit a little much to make it worthwhile but once again I'll get the jack hammer out and hammer out a way to reduce the fee. I just think a cabby accepting bitcoins is so cool.

These are the only (2) I can think of at the moment. Let me know what you think.

Both (above) options are great. Rashid can use either one or even both, the way I see it.

If I were to use BTCinstant, I would transfer no less less than $200 USD of coins from my Instawallet account to have converted to a MC, therefore only recognizing a 2% (or better) effective rate for the service. (Shoot!!! I just reread your caveats. It's $50 max, not min.) ---- I still see this as a viable option, provided some wiggling is done.

Thank you, btcinstant and Bit-pay Merchant for your kind responses to help solve this issue and getting it on the fast track.

~Bruno~
btcinstant

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 05:59:18 AM

Quick plug towards the Bit-pay crew - BTCinstant uses Bit-pay for exactly what they are mentioning and it works beautifully. They are really helpful and couldn't do what we do without them thanks guys!

As for Rashid I hope he finds a solution to it. $200 is doable and I can find a way. I'll keep you posted on what I find out and keep me in the loop if decide to go another way as curious to what is out there.
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 04:30:56 PM

So what happened?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2012, 01:16:27 AM

Copy and paste from another thread. The bottom half is what is relative.

Heres my initial attempt http://blockchain.info/new-transactions?format=webgl. Needs a bit more flash, but i'm not sure what i could add.

Awesome!

Question -how easy is it to use a different ding sound? Something attractive as opposed to abrasive would be good =) Something like this: http://audiojungle.net/item/message-16/804200?WT.ac=category_item&WT.seg_1=category_item&WT.z_author=JavaSiS

If you find a sound on that site that you like, pm me and I'll compensate you with btc as a donation.

(sorry to hijack thread - PM me response if you want)

Actually there should be three sounds: buying; selling; and when a new block of 50 BTC is found (I suggest Boo-yah! for that one).

BTW guys, If you can't find any booth babes, I'll put on a Bikini and strut around for a few Bitcoins.

I was going to suggest something like that. Sex sells!

There's not enough time for this idea, but it would've been nice to have a half dozen or so people donning uniforms to represent products and services which use Bitcoin, e.g., a cabbie...WAIT!!! It's not to late.

What IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

Chicago Cabbie started accepting Bitcoin prior to the start of CES and put together a video of him doing it in action. He's even a video guy with the equipment. I'm sure he'll jump at the chance of being at CES even if only on video. Put that video in the loop, and I believe it's capable of going viral.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2012, 01:18:57 AM

So what happened?

Nothing, yet. My schedule couldn't make it, and last night he had another engagement. I'm going to try to get into a dialog with Rashid on Twitter in a few minutes.

~Bruno~
btcinstant

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 01:58:43 AM

So what happened?

Nothing, yet. My schedule couldn't make it, and last night he had another engagement. I'm going to try to get into a dialog with Rashid on Twitter in a few minutes.

~Bruno~

Let me know what you find out or what questions he has. I'm still working it out on my side for a solution here.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2012, 02:21:13 AM

So what happened?

~Bruno~

Let me know what you find out or what questions he has. I'm still working it out on my side for a solution here.

Will do, btcinstant. Thank you kindly for putting in the extra effort.

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2012, 03:29:23 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2012, 05:05:01 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

This is for you, Rashid Temuri. I do have several Twitter profiles, but none that I wanted to use for Bitcoin, because I wanted to keep my other projects separate, therefore I created TheBitcoinGuy specifically for Bitcoin, a Twitter user account that I can easily scale, hence the new account. My first tweet on that account was directed toward you, Rashid, and it included a link to this post of which I hope you're now reading.

We here at BitcoinTalk are well aware of your recent 15 minutes of fame. About an hour ago I came up with an idea that could possibly extent your exposure another 15 minutes--if your game.

I'll forego the particulars and cut to the chase. You can easily be the first Chicago Cabbie to accept Bitcoin as payment for fares. Possibly the first cabbie in the world. That, alone, may make some people excited if they were in your position. Now the fun part. How would you like to be seen in Las Vegas next week at 2012 International CES? All you would have to do between now and then is start excepting Bitcoin, put together a quick video of you doing such, and I'm sure it would be included in a video loop at the Bitcoin booth at the Convention.

Here's a link to Bit-pay Merchant Solutions' thread along with a quote of the first paragraph: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56706.msg675586#msg675586

We will have a BITCOIN booth at the huge Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas next week. This is a massive media event.  Last year there were 5000 media and reporters at this event, and a total of about 140,000 people.

What makes this opportunity that much more exciting is the following quote located on that same thread:

Here's our chance to shine boys and girl(s): http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-consumer-electronics-show-20120107,0,2381286.story?track=lat-pick

Consumer Electronics Show lacks the Next Big Thing

Despite what is expected to be a record number of exhibitors and attendees, many analysts agree that no single device or technology has emerged to define the show.

I live in Sandwich, Illinois, 50 miles due west of Chicago. I am visiting Chicago come Monday, therefore I would love to meet up with you. I would buy you lunch or dinner anywhere you want to eat. The reason for the meetup is to hopefully address any questions or concerns you may have in regards to Bitcoin. This will not be a sales pitch. I'll have nothing to sell you. After dinner, you can easily say 'thanks, but no thanks' and there'll be no hard feelings. I will smile, shake your hand, and be on my way, with a full belly, of course. The pleasure will be all mine just to enjoy your company--a consolation prize, so to speak, if that so happens to be the case.

If you follow me, I can DM you my phone number.

One more thing. We here are hoping that you join BitcoinTalk. I'm sure that it can be arranged for you to be whitelisted, thereby foregoing the customary 4-5 posts minimum plus 4-5 hour reading time. We would love to have you as part of this community. Perhaps you would consider having your own thread to maintain. A place that will bring awareness to your services and also afford you the opportunity to get your questions answered in a timely manner. I can easily PM my phone number to you there, as well.

As an added bonus, I will even let you know my real full name (Bruno is my real first name), something only a couple people on this board truly knows. On a side note, I grew up in Chicago and have lived in the North and South side of town--Humboldt Park and 51st & Western, respectively.

There you have it, Rashid. I hope my proposal reads as I intended it. We here at BitcoinTalk await your kind reply.

~Bruno~

EDIT: I also have another gift for you. It's better than the giving you my last name which, by the way, was tongue-in-cheek humor but truly mean to let you see my Illinois driver's license. This gift will go hand-in-hand with your video skills. I think you will like it.

EDIT: For readers of BitcoinTalk, listen to this interview: http://www.comedyaccident.com/podcasts/30-comedy-accident-podcast-032711
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2012, 06:11:55 PM

There's one thing I could almost promise you, Rashid Temuri: Just about any avid Bitcoin user coming to Chicago on business, let's say, would seek out your taxi services.

This just in from Bit-pay Merchant Solutions: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56706.msg680433#msg680433

get me a video of the cabbie and I will play it!

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2012, 07:57:51 PM

Not a single user on BitcoinTalk has the word Chicago in their user name. Neither is there a cabbie. Therefore, ChicagoCabbie should reserved for Rashid Temuri. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=mlist;sa=search Using that link, I found only 2 that used the word Taxi in their user name.

I offered Rashid a free hand tooled leather Bitcoin wallet, a $150 USD value, if he registers with BitcoinTalk. Ideally, he should use ChicagoCabbie or Chicago Cabbie to further his brand.

His last tweet has me believing that he's looking into all this. I hope he comes on board. He truly is a great guy.

I would love to give him a personal wallet with his name, Rashid Temui, on it like the one below:

~Bruno~
bbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 09:08:07 PM

Not a single user on BitcoinTalk has the word Chicago in their user name. Neither is there a cabbie. Therefore, ChicagoCabbie should reserved for Rashid Temuri. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=mlist;sa=search Using that link, I found only 2 that used the word Taxi in their user name.

I offered Rashid a free hand tooled leather Bitcoin wallet, a $150 USD value, if he registers with BitcoinTalk. Ideally, he should use ChicagoCabbie or Chicago Cabbie to further his brand.

His last tweet has me believing that he's looking into all this. I hope he comes on board. He truly is a great guy.

I would love to give him a personal wallet with his name, Rashid Temui, on it like the one below:

~Bruno~

+1  once again Bruno is way ahead of us all in getting Bitcoins in front of as many people. A+ job sir!

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄           
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █               
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO  ●  DICE  ●  POKER   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   24 hour Customer Support   

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 09:41:08 PM

brb registering ChicagoCabbie to sell to him

Joking, of course Grin

(BFL)^2 < 0
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2012, 02:19:15 AM

Five days ago, if you would have searched "Chicago Cabbie" Bitcoin, you would have found no results. Today, there's 83. The goal for the end of the month is 1,000 search results on Google.

Could this be the new face of Bitcoin?

Rashid checking the balance in his Bitcoin wallet?

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2012, 02:23:34 AM

Five days ago, if you would have searched "Chicago Cabbie" Bitcoin, you would have found no results. Today, there's 83. The goal for the end of the month is 1,000 search results on Google.

Bruno, I will make Rashid a Mobile Checkout app for free just like we did for the restaurant in the video.  Let's do this!

But I really want to see him record a rant on video, that would be something i can show in our booth at CES.

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2012, 02:35:23 AM

Bruno I just emailed Rashid directly as well.  We are happy to help him.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2012, 03:34:46 AM

Bruno I just emailed Rashid directly as well.  We are happy to help him.

Bruno, I will make Rashid a Mobile Checkout app for free just like we did for the restaurant in the video.  Let's do this!

But I really want to see him record a rant on video, that would be something i can show in our booth at CES.

Great to see that we're working both ends against the middle, BPMS.

Rashid, if you're reading this, please understanding that in no way we are trying to pressure you into doing something that you're not comfortable with. If at all possible, I would like to take you to dinner tomorrow afternoon/early evening at some fancy spancy food joint of your choosing in Chicago. Dinner's on me. Hell, even bring a friend or family member. Just make sure the joint has free Wi-Fi.

~Bruno~
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: