Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:53:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ChicagoCabbie (Rashid Temuri) is now a Proud Member of BitcoinTalk  (Read 6733 times)
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 03:38:36 AM

This is awesome.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2012, 04:22:22 AM

This is awesome.

Even if this happens to go no where, The Bitcoin Guy will be on the lookout for the next person of interest. (are there any cape makers in this community?)

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2012, 03:19:03 PM

Latest update: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=57301.0
stick_theman

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 03:24:36 PM

https://twitter.com/#!/chicagocabbie

I just went to his twitter account and read that he's asking about Bitcoin. Time for those here with a Twitter account to chime in. I think he's a great guy. Check it out, all.

~Bruno~

EDIT: Looks like Rashid was provided a link to that taxi thread by @thomkaufmann.

i'm not sure how to use twitter  Tongue

We need a bitcoin HOTLINE!

This sounds like a great idea.  Volunteers donate to a fund, then we can create a skype account for bitcoin hotline... round the clock representatives (more volunteers) answering questions about bitcoins.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 01:02:39 AM

If you think mining for coins is tough, try doing this for a living: http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/The-312/January-2012/Some-Advice-to-Mayor-Emanuel-From-a-Cab-Driver/

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 01:17:15 AM

ChicagoCabbie is now a member of this forum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=49482

He has yet to post or put in a single minute of viewing this board since becoming a member earlier today. That said, I respectively request that he be whitelisted ASAP, due to the unique circumstances surrounding the having him come on board. I'm not sure who to specifically ask or PM, therefore opt to post my request here, with the hope that someone on staff or another member helps accelerate this process. If the latter is the case, please PM the proper authorities.

Sincerely, Bruno
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 02:07:38 AM

ChicagoCabbie is now a member of this forum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=49482

He has yet to post or put in a single minute of viewing this board since becoming a member earlier today. That said, I respectively request that he be whitelisted ASAP, due to the unique circumstances surrounding the having him come on board. I'm not sure who to specifically ask or PM, therefore opt to post my request here, with the hope that someone on staff or another member helps accelerate this process. If the latter is the case, please PM the proper authorities.

Sincerely, Bruno

+1

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 03:11:52 AM

with the hope that someone on staff or another member helps accelerate this process. If the latter is the case, please PM the proper authorities.

Sincerely, Bruno

I hit 'report to moderator'. That should get someones attention.  Tongue

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 03:36:11 AM

with the hope that someone on staff or another member helps accelerate this process. If the latter is the case, please PM the proper authorities.

Sincerely, Bruno

It does, but... he was whitelisted for over an hour by the time you sent the report. Tongue In fact, I didn't even know about this thread until now. I had just processed the request that was put in the main queue...

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 05:59:14 AM

Sincerely, Bruno

It does, but... he was whitelisted for over an hour by the time you sent the report. Tongue In fact, I didn't even know about this thread until now. I had just processed the request that was put in the main queue...

Oh yea! Well answer me this, smart guy. Who's driving the short bus that we're all riding in?  Grin That is great Maged. I will let him know. I'm sure he's still sleeping now, fighting the flu, and probably still getting up in the morning to hit the road. That's one hell of a life, but I saw in his eyes that he loves what he does and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Here's hoping that Bitcoin will better his job of choice.

BTW, Martin, my brother-in-law, will be tooling a leather wallet for him. A gift I promised him just for joining BitcoinTalk. It'll be a custom job with the Bitcoin logo on one side, and the Flash Cab logo on the other. Inside will have his name. I just thought of something while typing that last sentence. Instead of his real name, I'm going to have Chicago Cabbie on that leather name plate. All with custom weaving around the outside of the wallet. A deluxe model valued at $150 USD. I already paid Martin ahead of time. I'll make sure the images are posted here before I send it to him. I'm still not sure if I creating commerce with Bitcoin or slowly going broke. Either way, I'm having the time of my life. Now who the hell is working on my cape?

~Bruno~
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 11:23:41 AM

Sincerely, Bruno

Thats why you get paid the big bux $$$$

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 01:19:29 PM

Sincerely, Bruno

Oh yea! Well answer me this, smart guy. Who's driving the short bus that we're all riding in?  Grin That is great Maged. I will let him know. I'm sure he's still sleeping now, fighting the flu, and probably still getting up in the morning to hit the road. That's one hell of a life, but I saw in his eyes that he loves what he does and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Here's hoping that Bitcoin will better his job of choice.

BTW, Martin, my brother-in-law, will be tooling a leather wallet for him. A gift I promised him just for joining BitcoinTalk. It'll be a custom job with the Bitcoin logo on one side, and the Flash Cab logo on the other. Inside will have his name. I just thought of something while typing that last sentence. Instead of his real name, I'm going to have Chicago Cabbie on that leather name plate. All with custom weaving around the outside of the wallet. A deluxe model valued at $150 USD. I already paid Martin ahead of time. I'll make sure the images are posted here before I send it to him. I'm still not sure if I creating commerce with Bitcoin or slowly going broke. Either way, I'm having the time of my life. Now who the hell is working on my cape?

~Bruno~

I have an unused ikea shower curtain you may have! Smiley

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 03:13:49 PM

Sincerely, Bruno

~Bruno~

I have an unused ikea shower curtain you may have! Smiley

I'll take it! I have a friend in Texas that can put it together for me.
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 09:02:13 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2012, 11:08:16 PM by Bit-pay Merchant Solutions

Remember, Rashid uses an iPhone oppose to an Android type phone. We need to make sure that any APPs suggested work on this platform. He also has an iPad.

Bruno!

Have Rashid scan this with his iPhone (open in Safari), and add it to his Home Screen.  It is a free iPhone app I made for him to accept bitcoins using Bit-Pay Mobile Checkout

The Mobile App will allow him to:

1.  Request an exact amount in 30+ currencies
2.  Receive instant on-screen alerts of payments received
3.  Send the bitcoins to his wallet of choice, or receive direct deposit to his US bank account

When he is ready to use it, just have him contact me and we can finish setting up his account preferences.

It's super easy for him to accept bitcoins, even if he's not ready to hold onto them yet with a wallet, etc.

I will also mail him a Deposit Card for free if he is interested.

I guarantee all of the bitcoiners will seek him out whenever we go to Chicago!

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 10:46:14 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2012, 11:11:41 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Remember, Rashid uses an iPhone oppose to an Android type phone. We need to make sure that any APPs suggested work on this platform. He also has an iPad.

Bruno!

Have Rashid scan this with his iPhone (open in Safari), and add it to his Home Screen.  It is a free iPhone app I made for him to accept bitcoins using Bit-Pay Mobile Checkout

The Mobile App will allow him to:

1.  Request an exact amount in 30+ currencies
2.  Receive instant on-screen alerts of payments received
3.  Send the bitcoins to his wallet of choice, or receive direct deposit to his US bank account

When he is ready to use it, just have him contact me and we can finish setting up his account preferences.

It's super easy for him to accept bitcoins, even if he's not ready to hold onto them yet with a wallet, etc.

I will also mail him a Deposit Card for free if he is interested.

I guarantee all of the bitcoiners will seek him out whenever we go to Chicago!

No way is this endeavor dead in the water. Martin just got time to tackle that hand tooled leather wallet (a true $150 USD value) I promised him for simply signing up to BitcoinTalk. Once completed, and I get back to Chicago, I will meet up with Rashid once again over a free dinner (once again) and will do exactly as you've outlined when I present to him his free gift. I'll make sure to post photos of the custom Flash Cab/Chicago Cabbie wallet once it's completed.

~Bruno~
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 11:55:56 PM

Bruno, what would we do with you  Tongue

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 12:48:09 AM

Bruno, what would we do with you  Tongue

Bruno! What would we do without you?  Kiss

Fixed!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 03:57:57 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2012, 01:17:48 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Rassah was kind enough to hash out a vanity address for Chicago Cabbie: 1ChiCab1Btgo74myUtDuA35RmzXWfgSfRM

What do you think?

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 04:23:53 AM

Could this be the new face of Bitcoin?

Rashid checking the balance in his Bitcoin wallet?

Those are EPIC sideburns!!!  Shocked
finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:29:46 PM

EPIC

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: