Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:13:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogecoin on the brink  (Read 3262 times)
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 01:04:06 AM

Jackson was on facebook today bashing bitcoin...  I'd say DOGE is done.

The same people who own hundreds of millions of DOGE own hundreds and thousands of Bitcoins.  

Why would you take shots at the coin that made your coin popular.... We may never know... Fuckin redditors! Cheesy

I'd say DOGE is a STRONG sell at this point.

AUR got forked by some monster miner who has enough power to fork DOGE too.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:09:58 AM

Doge is clearly on a downward path.  Just too many coins.  Kinda sad given its community.  I still think doge may be a survivor from this round of alt coins, it's held up better and longer than many expected, but I don't see any catalyst for a rally despite ongoing stunts and the reduction of the block reward later this month.
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:11:36 AM

Doge is clearly on a downward path.  Just too many coins.  Kinda sad given its community.  I still think doge may be a survivor from this round of alt coins, it's held up better and longer than many expected, but I don't see any catalyst for a rally despite ongoing stunts and the reduction of the block reward later this month.

Stunts is a pretty strong word for a great marketing and charity campaign.... I challenge you to find a better success story active right now?
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 01:13:00 AM

Jackson was on facebook today bashing bitcoin...  

Really?? Do you have a quote?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 01:20:47 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 01:31:48 AM by BayAreaCoins

I was on my cell phone.  I wrote 3 comments and removed him.  He has done nothing but fuck up since the start.  You can add him on FB and see for yourself.

https://www.facebook.com/jacksonpalmer

He "doesn't care about the price". In other words he knows it is a turd.... Frustrates the fuck out of me because I was a DOGE supporter at the start.

Then once they released the fact that there was no cap Billy said Jackson described telling people the truth like "ripping off a Band-Aid"....
grrrr  

I don't understand why you would bash the foundation of your coin.  I told him he should stick to marketing Pump n Dumps rather than economics or investing advise. (this is not word for word... hopefully someone can post a screen shot here.)

Edit:

My post may have removed off his page when I removed him as a friend. Not sure how that works because I can't see what I wrote on his wall in my history.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 02:28:58 AM

I was on my cell phone.  I wrote 3 comments and removed him.  He has done nothing but fuck up since the start.  You can add him on FB and see for yourself.

He "doesn't care about the price".

And look at what happened when Charlie Lee took him at his word! A pack of wereshibes erupted at Reddit when they heard about the merged-mining suggestion...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 02:42:48 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 02:58:33 AM by BayAreaCoins

He "doesn't care about the price".

And look at what happened when Charlie Lee took him at his word! A pack of wereshibes erupted at Reddit when they heard about the merged-mining suggestion...

I suggested this to Jackson long before good ole Char Char via FB.

____
February 26th, 2:21pm

Hey Jackson, things are going well!  I've taken a look at the wallet above and I do not believe that is doge-dice. I will do a little more block crawling and see if I can locate the owner for you.  Fucking things a monster hu?! Have you ever heard of "merge mining"?
____

Jackson doesn't feel any responsibility to the coin holders and doesn't give a fuck about the price.  Probably not the best dev to buy into. When I bought DOGE I spoke to Billy mostly, but Jackson has taken over for the most part. Billy was wonderful to deal with. Jackson is a bit of a "redditor".

There is a person with enough scrypt power right now to fuck DOGE all to hell like they did AUR.  I've just come to terms that 99% of redditors are fucktards. (no offense)

FreeSocrates!

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:43:44 AM

Dogecoin is by far the best coin right now.

People are actually using it.

Everything else is just one speculative circle jerk.

How does a currency get value? It get's value from people using it, not from people holding it.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 03:46:54 AM

How does a currency get value? It get's value from people using it, not from people holding it.

k sock puppet.  

People are using Bitcoin too and always have. I don't know what rock you've been living under for the past few years.  Look at the price of Bitcoin today. It is down because people are "using them".  The market doesn't just magically move up and down idiot.

DOGE did well at first because it was Bitcoin friendly and trying to bring people into digital currency.  Jacksons wet dream is for the government to regulate his shit... mark my words.

Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:47:51 AM

If the Bitcoin keeps on crashing then No coin will survive.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 03:51:04 AM

If the Bitcoin keeps on crashing then No coin will survive.

I have a good feeling bitcoins going to make it Wink

I miss $100 coins anyways... BTC was fun back then!

DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:54:32 AM

Well I agree that Dogecoin gets used more than other coins, but uhhhh don't jump off a bridge if you look at the chart...... yikes!

I think Dogecoin proves one thing and one thing only, what gives crypto coins ANY real dollar value is cold-blooded, greedy ass, speculation. Plain and simple.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 04:04:01 AM

Well I agree that Dogecoin gets used more than other coins, but uhhhh don't jump off a bridge if you look at the chart...... yikes!

I think Dogecoin proves one thing and one thing only, what gives crypto coins ANY real dollar value is cold-blooded, greedy ass, speculation. Plain and simple.

Um... no.  BTC had plenty of actual uses..

Here is how it worked for you reddit fags.

1.  Buy BTC.
2.  Buy cheap drugs.
3.  Sell the drugs for 3x profit or more.
4.  Buy more BTC to re-up.

The best part of this was that the same people you were buying the BTC from were the drug dealers selling them back to you! (obviously!)

Fucking beautiful circle jerk. As a investor, I saw the potential and so did a number of other investors obviously.

People lost the Silk Road on OCT 2 and lost a trusted place to spend their coins, so they held.  Now we are getting more and more places to spend BTC which is cool.

Nothing like DOGE.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:14:44 AM

Ok BitJohn but i want it called in bold letters at the top of the scroll window.. "Spoetnik Box" LOL
and you can even put in a chat-user context menu that has a menu item that says specifically "Ignore Spoetnik"
and mods can have their own dedicated "BAN Spoetnik" buttons too hahaa
or maybe a module for chat that can auto-translate into a readable form one of my infamous poorly spelled horrible grammar Spoetnik Rants™ ?

offtopic:
most people don't realize i use color mods on my browser and all over my OS (everything is black) and with sometimes colors that don't have a good contrast and small font sizes
combined with my poor hunt and peck keyboard skills and.. the fact i sit in a lazy boy recliner while typing at a distance in the dark makes typing pretty damn hard for me LOL

But seriously i don't think we're going to get anywhere we simply have opposite opinions on some of this stuff.. fair enough lol

I have often been conflicted on my opinions and have had to evolve how i perceive the scene and what i will or won't do..
It's a thing that is fluid to me and i take it all one day at a time and all i ever usaually aim to highlight is the worst case examples in crypto
which a lot of people refuse to admit they even exist.. scam coin devs do EXIST what do we consider one ? i guess that depends on who you ask
and maybe my opinion will change too ? i hope and try to understand what other people's views are even it never seems like it.. i do hear people and listen.

lastly, i will ask again later if Cryptsy has done any work about adding the chatbox back (like i asked Vern for a check all button at Cryptsy's coin options page lol)
BUT.. i already know what the response will be when i ask Wink

Vern's workin' on it™

FUD first & ask questions later™
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 01:05:23 PM

Regardless of how "amazing" the technology is or how loud the 'dev' is, all the alts are all worthless in the long run.
Why all, even innovative ones?

Because you are talking to a USD bagholder that's why.

All USD bagholders only love BTC because it's so centralized that it's basically a representative of a big bag if USD lol .

And anything that isn't that big bag of USD is worthless of course,I mean, everyone knows that right?

ha ha

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:12:06 PM

I don't think Doge had any appeal the mainstream.  Even the name itself was initially confusing as I mistook it for some kind of Italian or Venetian coin.  Throw on the jokes and the Bitclone and it was a miracle it even went so far.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 01:13:02 PM

Having said that everyone should respect the original creators of the protocol, which was designed more than likely in its modern state by the various contributors in the NSA white paper.

Proof the NSA was looking after it's nation.

Unfortunately BTC was flawed and needs a hard fork . Which the political environment of which will probably come about when we are all talking about SDRs.

Then the USD bagholders will likely be SDR bagholders ha ha.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
_huxley

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 01:42:14 PM

At the end of the day, Dogecoin brought me and thousands of other new users to this website and to cryptocurrency.

It doesn't matter if it's a stupid coin.

Awareness is good for adoption which is good for all of Cryptocurrency.

Whether you used it, hated it, profited, burned your house down for it.....the coin has done a lot for all of cryptocurrency and you can't argue that.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:52:07 PM

Dogecoin - the greatest pump and dump in the history of crypto.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:59:43 PM

The problem with doge is it was started as a joke so there wasn't really much thought given to economic principles. The distribution model and cap and random block rewards (which were not "Random" and led to massive abuse) have done a lot of damage to the coin's value.

What is really scary is how many new coins are still coming out that use 100 billion as their market cap. Uhhhh do we ever learn anything? News flash: 100 billion friggin coins is too much. Don't make more coins with such large caps.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: