Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:23:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] AlcheMiner Scrypt ASIC  (Read 24434 times)
AlcheMinerIR

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 05:30:13 PM

Hi Guys,
I'm currently running an open Q&A thread on Reddit in /r/bitcoinstocks if any lurkers here have any questions about the IPO or the company.

Also, we should have some very positive news coming today or this weekend; stay tuned!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AlcheMinerIR

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:13:47 PM

Order Update

To date, the IPO has raised over 2,300 BTC - a big thanks to all of our investors so far! The good news promised last weekend has been a bit delayed, but should be coming this week.

In the meantime, AlcheMiner is finalizing nearly $1,000,000 of pre-orders! Specifically, a customer from China has ordered $600,000 of AlcheMiner chips and a US-based customer has ordered $200,000 of finished Alchemist Scrypt miners! Both orders will have 100% deposits and are simply pending signed agreements.

In addition, another customer would like AlcheMiner to produce Scrypt ASIC miners on an OEM basis for them. In essence, the Alchemist miners will be-rebranded under the customer's brand and will be re-sold in that customer's geographical area. The customer's company is currently raising capital through through private investors and bank financing. Both AlcheMiner and the prospective customer have agreed on terms; the potential revenue from this order will be $2.5 Million - $5 Million! If/when the customer's financing is secured, the order will also have a 100% deposit.

Tom and Sophia are working tirelessly to finalize additional orders in the pipeline as well.

Development Update

Once AlcheMiner's capital has been raised, the tape-out will begin to TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company). While capital is being finalized over the next week or two, the engineering team will be doing the final double-check on the IC design and double-checking that the chip's performance on a system level (software and PCB) before the tape-out. The team is taking advantage of this additional time to ensure that ALC customers will receive the most efficient product possible.

Thanks again to all of our investors!
Jaymax

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:04:03 PM

msg6202156

msg6174169

what happens if you only end up raising, say, 10% of the total $4M?

If the total amount of funding is not raised, the IPO will not be successful and all investors will receive their funds back. The funds are held in escrow by Havelock at the moment.
AlcheMinerIR

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:29:04 PM

msg6202156

msg6174169

what happens if you only end up raising, say, 10% of the total $4M?

If the total amount of funding is not raised, the IPO will not be successful and all investors will receive their funds back. The funds are held in escrow by Havelock at the moment.

Hi Jaymax - not sure if this was a question or just a quote for posterity, but this is still accurate. If the requisite capital isn't raised, then IPO investors will receive their funds back. It is possible that the company will raise additional funds outside of Havelock (to complete the funding) if necessary.
redmetal

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:14:40 AM

Hi AlcheMiner,

I understand your fund raising stage has been completed, are we able to get a tape out time frame (Estimated schedule of dates) and an up to date progress report?

Thanking you,
Red

Receive $5 free of bitcoin in Australia by becoming verified on CoinJar.com, https://filler.coinjar.com/r/034375f5
AlcheMinerIR

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:19:21 PM

Hi AlcheMiner,

I understand your fund raising stage has been completed, are we able to get a tape out time frame (Estimated schedule of dates) and an up to date progress report?

Thanking you,
Red

Hi Red,
Last week the company closed a large deal, so Sophia and Tom are just finishing up the final details for that. The tapeout should begin soon and hopefully we'll be able to provide a more exact timeline in the coming days.

Thank you
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 09:39:37 PM

Warning IPO is suspect to fraud

Private website
IPO posted by Havelock

The head of the company's own website does not work
http://www.chou-co.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Sophia-Chou/378088701

Employment History
Director of Marketing and Business Development
Alchip Technologies Inc       <-----------Why do you need the funding? http://www.zoominfo.com/c/Alchip-Technologies-Inc/1557113

Co-founder and Board Director and Vice President of Business Development
iLuminate Technology, Inc.
Co-Founder, Board Director, Vice President of BD
iLuminate Technology, Inc.

Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:06:32 PM

"Large Deal"
"begin soon"
"coming days"

Sounds legit.

Hi AlcheMiner,

Thanking you,
Red

Hi Red,
Last week the company closed a large deal, so Sophia and Tom are just finishing up the final details for that. The tapeout should begin soon and hopefully we'll be able to provide a more exact timeline in the coming days.

Thank you

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:14:16 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 06:34:32 PM by hdbuck

mehehehe.. in comparaison, AM successfully taped out by the end of march.. it took them 3 months for testing and launching mass production of their chips.. now they sold part of it, but mining rigs wont come before another 2 months or so i'd say... so i'd guess you got 6 more months to go Grin

"Large Deal"
"begin soon"
"coming days"

Sounds legit.

Hi AlcheMiner,

Thanking you,
Red

Hi Red,

Thank you

Kushedout
Legendary

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:54:54 PM

What is this "Large Deal" you speak off? Is it for pre-orders or is it a privet investor? (since required funds were not raised during IPO)

Do you at least have an ETA of when the tapeout should be complete (not begin)?

When you say "Coming days", do you mean within "Two WeeksTM"

Thanks.

Hi AlcheMiner,

Thanking you,
Red

Hi Red,

Thank you

AlcheMinerIR

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:11:50 PM

mehehehe.. in comparaison, AM successfully taped out by the end of march.. it took them 3 months for testing and launching mass production of their chips.. now they sold part of it, but mining rigs wont come before another 2 months or so i'd say... so i'd guess you got 6 more months to go Grin

Hi hdbuck. I don't keep track of ASICMiner on a play-by-play basis as many do on the AM thread. However, I've been informed the given timeline is still realistic.

What is this "Large Deal" you speak off? Is it for pre-orders or is it a privet investor? (since required funds were not raised during IPO)

Do you at least have an ETA of when the tapeout should be complete (not begin)?

When you say "Coming days", do you mean within "Two WeeksTM"

Thanks.

Kushedout,

Apologies for missing your PM from June 6th - the large deal is one that would raise the remaining funds not raised by the public offering.

I'm working with Sophia and Tom to see what additional information that I can release to investors. Be sure that as soon as I have information that I can disseminate, I'll be here with it.

While BFL's 'Two Weeks' comparisons are fashionable these days, do note that ALC hasn't missed any deadlines or hard dates set by the company. It is still early to mid June and the scheduled shipping date is July.

The team appreciates everyone's patience and understanding.
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 12:08:10 PM

waiting for more info here. Smiley
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:26:33 PM

^I can contribute:
If you were unfortunate enough to invest during the IPO, your shares are now worth ~1/2 of what they cost you.

~Happy investing
AlcheMinerIR

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:56:44 PM

waiting for more info here. Smiley

Hi culexevilman, thanks for your patience. I'm awaiting the go-ahead from the team to release additional information.  Smiley
antirack

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

Immersionist

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:06:55 AM

Just in case anybody is wondering if they are "real", I have recently met Tom and Sophia at their office in Taipei.

And yes, they are considering immersion.
Kushedout
Legendary

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:51:52 AM

Engineering Progress

Tapeout to world’s leading foundry in April 2014
Chips expected to be delivered in June 2014
Shipping of final products will begin July 2014

Are these dates still valid?

kenmomotaro

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:29:31 AM

Just in case anybody is wondering if they are "real", I have recently met Tom and Sophia at their office in Taipei.

And yes, they are considering immersion.

I bought too less shares, or I would like to visit them in person at 101 office too. Grin
Kushedout
Legendary

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:21:11 PM

Engineering Progress

Tapeout to world’s leading foundry in April 2014
Chips expected to be delivered in June 2014
Shipping of final products will begin July 2014

Are these dates still valid?

redmetal

Activity: 160

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:43:30 AM

Hi AlcheMiner,

Thanking you,
Red

Hi Guys, Just wondering if you have an update yet? or any news really,

Thanks
Red

Receive $5 free of bitcoin in Australia by becoming verified on CoinJar.com, https://filler.coinjar.com/r/034375f5
AlcheMinerIR

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:52:57 PM

Hi All,
Thanks again for your patience. AlcheMiner is happy to provide the following update!

• The multimillion dollar order that was referenced earlier has been closed and paid
  • This pre-order payment made up for the lack of funds that would have been raised by the IPO and used for the payment to the foundry
  • Chips have been taped out to TSMC
  • Chips are expected to be delivered late July or early August
  • Assembly will take three days, so shipping is expected in early August
  • Luckily, the chips are expected to outperform initial specifications, so keeping the promised hashrate increase for August shipping should not affect the company's bottom line
'

Additional updates will be forthcoming!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: