Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:40:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] AlcheMiner Scrypt ASIC  (Read 24448 times)
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:57:20 AM

• Assembly will take three days, so shipping is expected in early August

three days assembling? for how many miners? reference PCB already done? tests?
its one thing to have chips taping out but its another to actually build miners out of them.
or am i missing something?
AlcheMinerIR

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:54:30 PM

three days assembling? for how many miners? reference PCB already done? tests?
its one thing to have chips taping out but its another to actually build miners out of them.
or am i missing something?

The reference PCB will be completed this month. With PCB ready, chips can be mounted on the PCB boards in three days.
teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:45:50 AM

im eager to see what august holds for alcheminer.. for a short while you held a higher share price than asicminer.

i noticed that one of your bullets says this
"This pre-order payment made up for the lack of funds that would have been raised by the IPO and used for the payment to the foundry"

was this a large pre order of machines to get funded, or was it a straight bitcoin investment towards the company( as in .14 btc per share )? i see that outstanding shares on havelock are at 83755 while the IPO only sold 22155 shares.
AlcheMinerIR

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:20:50 PM

Since it is August 1, AlcheMiner wants to provide the following update for investors:

Currently, TSMC's capacity is very full. Therefore, we won't be able to get chips based on original schedule. However, we are targeting to do demo and start shipping before mid-August. Our vendors, including foundry and packaging houses, are working hard towards this goal. More details will be announced as they are available.

im eager to see what august holds for alcheminer.. for a short while you held a higher share price than asicminer.

i noticed that one of your bullets says this
"This pre-order payment made up for the lack of funds that would have been raised by the IPO and used for the payment to the foundry"

was this a large pre order of machines to get funded, or was it a straight bitcoin investment towards the company( as in .14 btc per share )? i see that outstanding shares on havelock are at 83755 while the IPO only sold 22155 shares.

This was a large pre-order; the additional shares on Havelock were additional shares sold at the IPO price.
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:11:42 PM

August is done. Is there anything coming or should we sell and get this over with?

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
AlcheMinerIR

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:23:21 PM

August is done. Is there anything coming or should we sell and get this over with?

Hi lophie,
I've been in touch with Sophia over the last few weeks; there is an announcement coming soon, sorry that I can't say more at the moment!  Smiley
AlcheMinerIR

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:32:23 PM

Thanks to everyone for their patience! Here is the official announcement regarding shipping:

[AlcheMiner] Alchemist attains less than 10W per Mhs, shipping immediately!

Special promotion for the first 100 units – Don’t miss your chance!

09/08/2014  The Debut of Alchemist, a low-power green miner!

1.      The Debut of Alchemist: An ultra-low power Scrypt miner
Thank you for your patience! AlcheMiner is pleased to announce that Alchemist, our ultra-high performance, ultra-low power Scrypt miner, is now ready for shipment. We have two models available: (1) Alchemist 96Mhs; (2) Alchemist 256 Mhs. You can find more details from our website: www.alcheminer.com. You can also see our demo in the following links:

English demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q7KHmSiAbQ&feature=youtu.be

Chinese demo: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzc2NDcyMTUy.html

2.      The Age of Green Mining: Why go with a green miner?
We would like to promote the concept of green mining – mine with low-power miners to save not only electricity but also the earth! Our Alchemist offers such opportunity. There are at least three benefits to select a green miner like Alchemist:

(1)   Save electricity on daily basis!
(2)   Achieve longer product life: When other power consuming miners phase out, your Alchemist still lasts!
(3)   Save the earth!

Let’s embrace the age of green mining with the debut of Alchemist!

3.      Special Promotion for the First 100 Units!
To appreciate your patience, we are pleased to offer very special promotion for the first 100 Alchemists!

(1)   Alchemist 96Mhs: Only US $2,500 only! (50% off from original price)
(2)   Alchemist 256Mhs: Only US $6,500 only! (50% off from original price)

To be the first to take advantage of these special offers, please order from our website: www.alcheminer.com. Shipment is based on the order of your payment.

4.      The Offer of Scrypt-1 Chips: Let’s make green mining a reality!
To further grow the cryptocurrency industry, it will take collaboration among different parties across this sector. Therefore, AlcheMiner is glad to partner with other mining companies to make green mining a reality. If you manufacture Scrypt miners and would like to purchase chips from us, please contact us. We also have special promotion for limited quantity on our website: www.alcheminer.com.
stompysteve

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:31:05 PM

Thanks to everyone for their patience! Here is the official announcement regarding shipping:

[AlcheMiner] Alchemist attains less than 10W per Mhs, shipping immediately!

Special promotion for the first 100 units – Don’t miss your chance!

09/08/2014  The Debut of Alchemist, a low-power green miner!

1.      The Debut of Alchemist: An ultra-low power Scrypt miner
Thank you for your patience! AlcheMiner is pleased to announce that Alchemist, our ultra-high performance, ultra-low power Scrypt miner, is now ready for shipment. We have two models available: (1) Alchemist 96Mhs; (2) Alchemist 256 Mhs. You can find more details from our website: www.alcheminer.com. You can also see our demo in the following links:

English demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q7KHmSiAbQ&feature=youtu.be

Chinese demo: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzc2NDcyMTUy.html

2.      The Age of Green Mining: Why go with a green miner?
We would like to promote the concept of green mining – mine with low-power miners to save not only electricity but also the earth! Our Alchemist offers such opportunity. There are at least three benefits to select a green miner like Alchemist:

(1)   Save electricity on daily basis!
(2)   Achieve longer product life: When other power consuming miners phase out, your Alchemist still lasts!
(3)   Save the earth!

Let’s embrace the age of green mining with the debut of Alchemist!

3.      Special Promotion for the First 100 Units!
To appreciate your patience, we are pleased to offer very special promotion for the first 100 Alchemists!

(1)   Alchemist 96Mhs: Only US $2,500 only! (50% off from original price)
(2)   Alchemist 256Mhs: Only US $6,500 only! (50% off from original price)

To be the first to take advantage of these special offers, please order from our website: www.alcheminer.com. Shipment is based on the order of your payment.

4.      The Offer of Scrypt-1 Chips: Let’s make green mining a reality!
To further grow the cryptocurrency industry, it will take collaboration among different parties across this sector. Therefore, AlcheMiner is glad to partner with other mining companies to make green mining a reality. If you manufacture Scrypt miners and would like to purchase chips from us, please contact us. We also have special promotion for limited quantity on our website: www.alcheminer.com.

even at 50% off these are way more expensive per MH then competition
or am i doing some math wrong?
AlcheMinerIR

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:58:28 PM

Hi Stompysteve,
We actually find that the Alchemists are priced competitively for the market - these are in hand and ready for delivery; they are not pre-orders and they are very power efficient.

Many of the competition's miners are very power-inefficient compared to the Alchemists and we believe that this will be an increasing advantage as competition in the space increases. In addition, the Alchemists have exceptional build quality and reliability.

Thanks for your interest!
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:27:08 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2014, 12:02:43 PM by Mabsark

I just compared them to the fastest products listed on the GAW website.

GAW
Efficiency: 33.333 J/Mh
Cost per Mh: 13.888 USD per Mh/s
Value: 462.932 action $ per Mh^2 (Yeah, I'm just making these units up)

Innosilicon
Efficiency: 8.837 J/Mh
Cost per Mh: 40.697 USD per Mh/s
Value: 359.649 action $ per Mh^2

Zeusminer
Efficiency: 22.5 J/Mh
Cost per Mh: 21.498 USD per Mh/s
Value: 483.694 action $ per Mh^2

AlcheMiner
Efficiency: 8.594 J/Mh
Cost per Mh: 25.391 USD per Mh/s
Value: 218.201 action $ per Mh^2

(action = joule * second)

As you can see from the above numbers, AlcheMiner have the most efficient ASICs out of the bunch with Innosilicon having a similar efficiency. AlcheMiner costs far less per Mh/s though. My multiplying the efficiency and cost per Mh/s together you get the "Value" of the ASIC and Alcheminer destroys the listed competition in that regard.

I don't follow the Scrypt mining scene so I'm not sure what ASICs are available now. What competition were you comparing them too?
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:12:52 AM

(action = joule * second) * 6.62606957 × 10-34 m2 kg/s * 1/peanutbutter666

FTFY.  Yours is good too, though.
AlcheMinerIR

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:05:10 AM

https://i.imgur.com/evcB4cr.png

AlcheMiner September Sale

Great news for all of our prospective customers! AlcheMiner is having a limited time sale for new customers - all miners are in hand and shipping immediately!

AlcheMiner's Alchemist miners feature industry-leading efficiency and an extremely competitive price per Megahash rating. In addition, the miners are produced in Taiwan with chips fabricated from the world-class TSMC foundry, so their quality is unmatched.

AlcheMiner Alchemist 96MH/s Scrypt Miner
Was $2,500 - Now $1,500!

Ultra Lower Power Consumption: ~900W

$15.625 $/MH
9.375 W/MH

AlcheMiner Alchemist 256MH/s Scrypt Miner
Was $6,500 - Now $3,900!

Ultra Lower Power Consumption: ~2200W

$15.234 $/MH
8.594 W/MH

Standalone chips are on sale as well; see the site for more details.

To see more information or to purchase an Alchemist, visit www.AlcheMiner.com!

Finally, come visit the AlcheMiner team at the BitcoinExpo China this weekend - see you there!

https://i.imgur.com/xDyCiBB.png
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:39:26 PM

Hi all,
In case anyone here is interested in Scrypt mining, I've recently received my Alchemist 96MH/s and posted an unboxing/review of it on the appropriate board:

AlcheMiner 96MH/s Alchemist Scrypt Miner Unboxing / Review

I figure that this is an appropriate time to let everyone know that I'm the acting Investor Relations Manager for AlcheMiner (AlcheMinerIR). At least one user has already made the connection, but there has been no conflict of interest so far, as I (twentyseventy) have not posting anything significant before today about AlcheMiner. I'm not a fan of alternate accounts (alts) and I don't plan to have any other identities besides possibly other IR/PR positions that I may be contracted for in the future. My background is in sales, marketing, and advertising so I sometimes contract out these services.

I'm in relatively constant contact with Tom and Sophia and they really are doing a great job - the product is very solid, in my opinion.

Future ALC updates will come under AlcheMinerIR (to keep everything clean) - 90%+ of the funding received by ALC was from investors outside of Havelock, but I will provide updates as they come to me, as all investors in the company are important.

Tom and Sophia are constantly working on sales to customers, especially to larger customers, so that is why there is not a lot of information being constantly disseminated. Competition is fierce in this space, so they do need to keep certain information private or proprietary - I am happy to relay questions and comments, but I'm not going to hound them for updates and I hope everyone can understand why.

I highly value my reputation here on the forums, as my success as BDD's Fund Manager requires a high level of trust; I would not associate myself with a company unless I was optimistic about its success and impressed with its owners (the recent difficulties with ABI are frustrating, but they are being taken care of by him and I have gone out of my way to personally address that).

Tom and Sophia are doing a great job and I want to do my part to assist the company; I didn't feel that I could do this while maintaining the divide between myself and my position as Investor Relations Manager.

Cheers-

Edit: Words
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:52:57 PM

Can AlcheMiner clarify the relationship with Mining-asic-technologies?

It's kind of awkward when both companies are claiming to have designed the chip/hardware themselves.
stompysteve

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:05:59 PM

It's kind of awkward when both companies are claiming to have designed the chip/hardware themselves.
I thought mining-asic-technologies was a scam?
jimmothy

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:19:37 PM

I thought mining-asic-technologies was a scam?

It is most likely a scam IMO but they are apparently shipping the same hardware that AlcheMiner claims to have designed/manufactured.

Looks a bit like a AlcheMiner ALCHEMIST  ??

AlcheMiner

Mat miner

My simple website: http://www.bitcoinupdate.nl/home/mining-asics-technologies-levert-eerste-miner-af

AlcheMinerIR

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:52:41 PM

Hi jimmothy,
AlcheMiner definitely designed its chips in house; we did the chip design and taped out to TSMC through GUC (Global Unichip). If anyone here has contacts at either of these companies, they're welcome to verify that independently.

Regarding the case design, it's becoming somewhat of a 'generic' design, so that's the reason for the similarity.

Personally, I'm happy with the quality of the case design - and I think it looks a bit sharper than the boxy Titans  Grin
jimmothy

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:51:01 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2014, 09:31:21 PM by jimmothy

Hi jimmothy,
AlcheMiner definitely designed its chips in house; we did the chip design and taped out to TSMC through GUC (Global Unichip). If anyone here has contacts at either of these companies, they're welcome to verify that independently.

Regarding the case design, it's becoming somewhat of a 'generic' design, so that's the reason for the similarity.

Personally, I'm happy with the quality of the case design - and I think it looks a bit sharper than the boxy Titans  Grin

That doesn't really answer my question.

What is Alcheminers relationship with Mining-asic-technologies?

The cases are not "similar" they are exactly the same and so are the hashing boards. Is MAT a reseller?

Sidenote: that's an incredibly lazy/wasteful design for the 96 mh/s miner. I'm sure you guys could slim it down to the size of a Bitmain S3.
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:31:32 PM

Any update?

Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 11:11:36 PM

No comments/updates? From either AlcheMiner or Havelock?

Any update?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: