Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:30:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling quality collectable Casascius coins........  (Read 12693 times)
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 10:29:52 AM

How much is the 25 BTC going for? I would pay 28 BTC
I wanted BTC32 last November. I think BTC30 is a fair price.

Still the last 25BTC coin ever to be funded, according to....   http://www.spotcoins.com/bitcoin/casascius/variety/25-btc-series-2

Where are you in the ?UK?

Im actually in Spain, currently. But happy to travel to deliver, if necessary. 

Where in Spain? I am in South France near MArseille

To peel or not to peel.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 10:35:27 AM

Still the last 25BTC coin ever to be funded, according to....   http://www.spotcoins.com/bitcoin/casascius/variety/25-btc-series-2

Cool. Thats doable. Im just south of Valencia. PM me if/when you want to set something up. 
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 10:49:28 AM

Cool. Thats doable. Im just south of Valencia. PM me if/when you want to set something up. 

Depends on Price mate. Could go 28.5 but thats my total limit man.

To peel or not to peel.
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 03:07:14 PM

Is there any chance you would come down to that?

To peel or not to peel.
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 06:03:04 PM

Is there any chance you would come down to that?
Hmmmm. Gonna sleep on it.
Will get back to you tomorrow.

Cheers
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 08:53:12 AM

Last bump....

If the 25BTC coin is not sold before BTC hits $1000......the holo gets it!  Grin
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 03:34:38 PM

Last bump....

If the 25BTC coin is not sold before BTC hits $1000......the holo gets it!  Grin

Noooo.... Smiley There are only ~350 Series-2 25BTC coins still active!

My theory on the 25BTC coins is that they're likely to enjoy their day in the sun as high-premia collectibles down the road - hence, I'm holding mine. They go relatively unloved today because they're kind of an odd duck in terms of design, and more critically, they're high denomination....and since Bitcoin hasn't broken into the mainstream of numismatics where collectors have serious money, the market consists mostly of fellow Bitcoiners for whom it's hard to pay 2x,3x,etc premia on a coin with a >$10000 face value.

But a big part of the theory behind Casascius collectability at all is not appreciation due to selling to other Bitcoiners; I'd argue that the bull-collectible-theory is more contingent on the success of Bitcoin overall, leading to much stronger interest from more traditional numismatic circles. And look at the premia over "face" or "bullion" value that collectors place on certain gold-coin issues... Some gold (double|half|etc)-Eagles can go for 6 or 7 figures when they technically have <$2000 worth of gold in them. It's ultimately almost all about history and rarity.

The 25BTC coins have that history and rarity. They're 2011 dated, and show up as cover photos in hundreds of media stories about Bitcoin. They are intimately tied to Bitcoin's history, possibly more so than any other physical-bitcoin issue, Casascius or otherwise, a relative few were made to begin with, and they suffer the largest redemption percentage of any Casascius issue (besides the 1000BTC, of course). Those history and rarity factors are the most important qualities for eventual desirability.

But if you really want to kill the coin, I guess it makes mine non-trivially more valuable long-run, given the relative few of them out there. Smiley

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 05:57:36 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2016, 08:47:32 PM by stereotype

Last bump....

If the 25BTC coin is not sold before BTC hits $1000......the holo gets it!  Grin

Noooo.... Smiley There are only ~350 Series-2 25BTC coins still active!

My theory on the 25BTC coins is that they're likely to enjoy their day in the sun as high-premia collectibles down the road - hence, I'm holding mine. They go relatively unloved today because they're kind of an odd duck in terms of design, and more critically, they're high denomination....and since Bitcoin hasn't broken into the mainstream of numismatics where collectors have serious money, the market consists mostly of fellow Bitcoiners for whom it's hard to pay 2x,3x,etc premia on a coin with a >$10000 face value.

But a big part of the theory behind Casascius collectability at all is not appreciation due to selling to other Bitcoiners; I'd argue that the bull-collectible-theory is more contingent on the success of Bitcoin overall, leading to much stronger interest from more traditional numismatic circles. And look at the premia over "face" or "bullion" value that collectors place on certain gold-coin issues... Some gold (double|half|etc)-Eagles can go for 6 or 7 figures when they technically have <$2000 worth of gold in them. It's ultimately almost all about history and rarity.

The 25BTC coins have that history and rarity. They're 2011 dated, and show up as cover photos in hundreds of media stories about Bitcoin. They are intimately tied to Bitcoin's history, possibly more so than any other physical-bitcoin issue, Casascius or otherwise, a relative few were made to begin with, and they suffer the largest redemption percentage of any Casascius issue (besides the 1000BTC, of course). Those history and rarity factors are the most important qualities for eventual desirability.

But if you really want to kill the coin, I guess it makes mine non-trivially more valuable long-run, given the relative few of them out there. Smiley
Nicely put.
So right, on the bull-collectable-theory. This place was positively buzzing with interest in 2013, with Casascius related talk and trading. Since 2014, the interest has faded with only, seemingly, the highly rare and highest grades generating the same kind of interest. Although there has been many pretender coins come on the market since then, that seem to trade quite well.
Im sure the magic will return, when the new batch of Bitcoiners exercise their new found interest, just like our wave did.

Ive really enjoyed owning this. The reactions from ordinary Joes, when you explain what is, what it represents, and its value, is priceless sometimes.  Grin Its even better when a confirmed Bitcoiner sees and touches a Casascius for the first time. As you say, it really is a bit of Bitcoin history, and they know it!

I wont be killing it yet. BTC has to be at least $1000. And by then, hopefully, that bull interest would have returned anyway. We shall see.

EDIT: just checked your history @Melbustus. We are not of the same wave, you ole timer.  Cool
StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 08:38:17 PM

Hi guys, this topic peaked my interest. Sitting here for a while Smiley
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 12:53:53 AM

I would be a buyer if you can come down on the price. The last 3 25s offered here went down as:

1) 2weix tried to sell and no one would buy it and he peeled  Sad
2) Sold for 26.5BTC
3) Sold for 27BTC

I purchased the last 2 and both were series 2. Let me know if you have some room price wise or not.

Edit: I also have other coins I could trade if you were interested? Willing to do a partial trade/BTC or whatever.

Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 04:42:36 AM

EDIT: just checked your history @Melbustus. We are not of the same wave, you ole timer.  Cool

Heh - and I felt late to the party when I joined. Then there was that post from some guy in 2010 saying that "the train had already left the station" and he lamented that he was only able to mine ~650BTC before it wasn't worth keeping the laptop on.

I would be a buyer if you can come down on the price. The last 3 25s offered here went down as:

2) Sold for 26.5BTC
3) Sold for 27BTC

I purchased the last 2 and both were series 2. Let me know if you have some room price wise or not.

Edit: I also have other coins I could trade if you were interested? Willing to do a partial trade/BTC or whatever.

Wow. Definitely holding mine. No brainer, in my opinion.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 06:23:50 AM

2) Sold for 26.5BTC
3) Sold for 27BTC

Hey Blazed. How many times do i need to tell you, im not selling it to you at your prices? Its like you are spamming my sales thread, and/or intentionally scuppering my sale. 
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 09:37:25 AM

Heh - and I felt late to the party when I joined. Then there was that post from some guy in 2010 saying that "the train had already left the station" and he lamented that he was only able to mine ~650BTC before it wasn't worth keeping the laptop on.

And thus, the acronym "CCMF" was born.  Tongue
Eodguy149

Activity: 578
Merit: 554

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 04:02:40 PM

I've been trying to figure out what "CCMF" stands for for the last ten minutes... Care to enlighten me? I'm sure it will be something obvious and I will feel dumb haha

"Initial Success or Total Failure"
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 04:17:07 PM

I've been trying to figure out what "CCMF" stands for for the last ten minutes... Care to enlighten me? I'm sure it will be something obvious and I will feel dumb haha

Grin  Choo Choo Mother Fuckers
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 05:29:05 PM

2) Sold for 26.5BTC
3) Sold for 27BTC

Hey Blazed. How many times do i need to tell you, im not selling it to you at your prices? Its like you are spamming my sales thread, and/or intentionally scuppering my sale. 

No worries I will not bother making offers to you ever again. Good luck with sales.
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 08:03:13 AM

Good luck with sales.

Well, luck is all i have, right now. Cos having a competitor run into my shop, write on the windows in indelible ink what his last trades have been for the last year, multiple times, every time i try to promote my sale.........sure aint fuckin helpful, buddy. 

Your sense of entitlement is baffling, to put it mildly. 
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 08:22:06 AM

Good luck with sales.

Well, luck is all i have, right now. Cos having a competitor run into my shop, write on the windows in indelible ink what his last trades have been for the last year, multiple times, every time i try to promote my sale.........sure aint fuckin helpful, buddy. 

Well seeing as bitcoin is going up, I'm guessing it'll be a peel. I think it would be safe to say blazed is about the only one that is dealing with loaded 25BTC coins at this time.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 04:30:23 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2016, 04:45:01 PM by Blazed

Good luck with sales.

Sorry for telling people the facts... For the record, I was going to offer more than what I had paid on the last ones. Welcome to how forum sales work!  It is pretty standard that people post prices recently paid. If you need some pointers feel free to msg me as I have plenty of experience here with these kinds of coins.

Edit: How am I a competitor? I was wanting to make you an offer not sell any. Had you not been a dick I would have made an offer.
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:07:48 PM

Good luck with sales.

Sorry for telling people the facts... For the record, I was going to offer more than what I had paid on the last ones. Welcome to how forum sales work!  It is pretty standard that people post prices recently paid. If you need some pointers feel free to msg me as I have plenty of experience here with these kinds of coins.

Edit: How am I a competitor? I was wanting to make you an offer not sell any. Had you not been a dick I would have made an offer.
Excuse me?Huh
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: