Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:11:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin: The Downward Trend Continues  (Read 4940 times)
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:44:33 PM

I would disagree.. this is the first time over the last 5 dips the price went back to it's start..  IMO we have found the floor.  Before it was like 1200 drop to 700, rise and steady at 900.  Then 900 to 600 steady at 700, now it droped 450, down to 350 steading out at 430.. 
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:13:48 PM

What kind of bullshit chart is this where the vertical axis numbers aren't uniform ?  It goes from 100 to 140 to 200 to 280 with same vertical space....this only distorts things, it does not give a clear picture of price action.
And then you're gonna use it to draw a trend line?  I'm very bullshit on BTC long term but get out of here with this crap.

I peed myself laughing.

I can't remember why I added you to my ignore list but I've decided to unblock you for my entertainment.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:16:20 PM

Or maybe we dip below $400 again today..  Come on hit my buy of $300
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:59:36 PM

What kind of bullshit chart is this where the vertical axis numbers aren't uniform ?  It goes from 100 to 140 to 200 to 280 with same vertical space....this only distorts things, it does not give a clear picture of price action.
And then you're gonna use it to draw a trend line?  I'm very bullshit on BTC long term but get out of here with this crap.

I peed myself laughing.

I can't remember why I added you to my ignore list but I've decided to unblock you for my entertainment.

Whatever.

I know several professional traders, and none of them use charts like that for the exact reasons I posted.  I also trade myself, I'm profitable, and I know a good deal about charting, technical analysis, and price action.

Now, if you know something about the matter, then go ahead and enlighten us.  Otherwise STFU and stop acting like a jackass. 

envy2010

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:16:15 PM

And then you're gonna use it to draw a trend line?  I'm very bullish on BTC long term but get out of here with this crap.

If you are going to speculate on crypto I suggest you study some elementary algebra. A straight line with slope m on a base-N log plot is a exponential curve defined by N^m on a linear plot.

Bitcoin adoption (and price) history fits an exponential curve much better than a linear one, so it makes sense to plot it that way.
igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:00:15 PM

Zero soon,

image upload

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
Zule

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:08:08 PM

Zero soon,
You have to draw the lines by hand, and make the illustration of price plummeting in the next 7d, and it has to be done in ms paint with thick red wiggly pencil line.
Please read similar threads and see how the pro trolls are doing it, you fucking amateur.
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:10:10 PM

@igorr: You have such a fair, balanced and non-biased view of Bitcoin that we should all listen to you and panic sell right now!
uhoh

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Circle gets the Square

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:15:21 PM

Really need to start banning some of these top-drawer morons like igorr
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:45:00 PM

I wonder what these peoples like fonzie,igor and the others purpose is...
igorr

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:58:52 PM

Cheesy

matt4054
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:35:09 PM

Cheesy

Given your signature, you must be quite nostalgic of the Good Ol' Soviet Union days.

Of course, even during the Perestroika I don't think Bitcoin would have been allowed Wink

PS: I save you the In Soviet Russia... joke, I don't think you would get it anyway (I would even grant you that most of them actually suck)
igorr

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:24:11 PM

Just check Ukraine.  Wink

teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:24:44 PM

I peed myself laughing.

Whatever.

I know several professional traders, and none of them use charts like that for the exact reasons I posted.  I also trade myself, I'm profitable, and I know a good deal about charting, technical analysis, and price action.

Now, if you know something about the matter, then go ahead and enlighten us.  Otherwise STFU and stop acting like a jackass. 

Ah yes, I remember now.

Blocked.
matt4054
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:33:30 PM

I peed myself laughing.

Whatever.

None of them?

Logarithmic price scales are generally accepted as the default setting for most charting services, and they're used by the majority of technical traders. Common percent changes are represented by an equal spacing between the numbers in the scale. For example, the distance between $10 and $20 is equal to the distance between $20 and $40 because both scenarios represent a 100% increase in price. Contrast this to "linear price scale".

Source: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/logarithmicscale.asp
jdun

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:55:43 AM

What you're forgetting is that downward trends do not last forever. The market always swings from downward to upward to downward, etc. The fact that is has been downward for a while means the market is strongly due for an upward trend. The longer it stays downward, the more overdue it is for upward trends.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:06:11 AM

I think the chart sites I use are broken...they've been in the 420s all weekend. I'm assuming the stoners have control of the ball and are baking before this coming week's strenuous activities in the bitcoin market?  Cool

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:15:11 AM

I peed myself laughing.

Whatever.

None of them?

Logarithmic price scales are generally accepted as the default setting for most charting services, and they're used by the majority of technical traders. Common percent changes are represented by an equal spacing between the numbers in the scale. For example, the distance between $10 and $20 is equal to the distance between $20 and $40 because both scenarios represent a 100% increase in price. Contrast this to "linear price scale".

Source: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/logarithmicscale.asp

Some use tic based charts or even Renko etc...first I've heard of log, always learning something new.  Perhaps cause we mostly trade currencies or commodities, changes happen in smaller increments and smaller tf

Zule

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:16:45 AM

Some use tic based charts or even Renko etc...first I've heard of log, always learning something new.  Perhaps cause we mostly trade currencies or commodities, changes happen in smaller increments and smaller tf
Perhaps you're just full of shit and now you embarrassed yourself.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 08:13:13 AM

While it’s not clear whether any hacks have been directly attributed to Heartbleed, the news caused at least one major exchange to clamp down on Bitcoin withdraws until it’s fixed.

I can confirm my Bitfinex account was hacked because of that bug. Probably not just mine.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: