Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:39:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is the easy part.  (Read 2846 times)
ScrapOfCat (OP)

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:18:57 AM

The hard part is when you convince you're relatives that you weren't stupid for not selling at this price.

Squander electricity on piffle: 1CLQajy22Z2n9YjZurFfPaKApcqsQa8BzK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 04:24:00 AM

The hard part is when you convince you're relatives that you weren't stupid for not selling at this price.

Why do you even bother talking to your relatives about crypto?

Not to mention the fact that what you do is your business, not theirs.

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:46:15 AM

I know for a fact that my sister will have a huge hissy fit once we hit 10k+ and she suddenly finds out I have enough money to last tens of years if not the rest of my life. I envy those who are merely called dumb by their family.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
ScrapOfCat (OP)

Activity: 197

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:01:15 AM

Hold the line, the hard part is next.  When the amount you have invested is now worth 1/2.  get back to me. 

Then, hold.  it gets even worse....

Squander electricity on piffle: 1CLQajy22Z2n9YjZurFfPaKApcqsQa8BzK
cosmofly

Activity: 532

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:06:41 AM

Why do you even bother talking to your relatives about crypto?

Not to mention the fact that what you do is your business, not theirs.

My $.02.

Wink

+1

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 06:04:18 AM

I told my family about Bitcoin when it was worth $17 each.

Over that year as it dropped to $2 I had to stay silent as I spent that time trying to get more bitcoins.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
heytherebaby

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:18:58 AM

I know for a fact that my sister will have a huge hissy fit once we hit 10k+ and she suddenly finds out I have enough money to last tens of years if not the rest of my life. I envy those who are merely called dumb by their family.

Man you are so delusional. What makes you think bitcoin will ever go to $10k? The real invention here is the blockchain, bitcoin is just another cryptocurrency. Keep dreaming buddy, yes the few hundred or few thousand dollars you invested into bitcoin is going to set you up for life because bitcoin is going to increase 20X for no reason. This is like investing in some risky penny stock, or risky small cap stock and stating confidently that when (not even if) it goes up 20X your going to be a millionaire. Why don't you pull your money out and start investing in a real online business instead of just crossing your fingers and toes and living in fantasyland?

Lmao, YOU KNOW FOR A FACT that once we hit 10k your sister will have a hissy fit? If you know this for a fact why don't you max out all your credit cards, refinance your mortgage, sell all your shit, borrow money from all friends and family, and put it all into bitcoin right now. If you know something is going up 20X for a motherfucking fact, FOR A FACT, as you stated, why wouldn't you put everything you can into it. Why are you only investing in moderate amounts (as I'm sure you are)?

Have some humility because your ultra-confidence and blindness is going to teach you a very scary lesson one day.

Bitcoin is a risky investment, very risky investment. That is all. How can you say that a risky investment is going up about 20X for 100% sure? You can't. Open your mind! You are just being lazy and this is pure speculation and gambling. I hope it goes up 20X, but it probably won't. In fact I think it's going down even more. Bitcoin might be just a fad. Just like yo-yo's.

The blockchain is not a fad and is an incredible invention that will be re-purposed in some incredible way in the future. However bitcoin is just another cryptocoin. There is truly nothing special about bitcoin other than it came first. I don't think that's enough anymore to keep it going.

I hate your ultra-confidence! I hate anyone on this board who makes absolute statements. You don't know shit about shit about shit! And past performance is not an indicator of future behavior. Past performance is not an indicator of future behavior. Past performance is not an indicator of future behavior. You get it?
trc

Activity: 164

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 09:48:53 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 10:34:38 AM by trc

Man you are so delusional...

Dude... You're gonna get some cardiac arrest. Relax! Don't worry, most people who care to read around here know what's going on. It's those who buy/sell without making their eyes touch a single thread are the problem. Well, when they do, they get info-shocked and believe whatever they read after that long break though but yeah, lol.

It's up to the receiving-end to decide what to do with the info. You aren't protecting anyone. Maybe you're changing some fools future by discouraging him. Maybe somebody was going to be real rich by being brave and stupid- according to you that is. See? Those who'd support you 100% has the same odds of having what they want as who'd support him.

BTW, seriously; you're ultra-confident against ultra-confident people. Smiley

>> nope
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:16:30 AM

I told my family about Bitcoin when it was worth $17 each.

Over that year as it dropped to $2 I had to stay silent as I spent that time trying to get more bitcoins.

Haha I do the same now. Bought @700 and am silent now Cheesy But I dont think we will see more than 4 digits ever...
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:33:55 AM

*hissy fit*

Oh look, it's Ibian's sister! Grin

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
sajisama

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:52:31 AM

Man you are so delusional. What makes you think bitcoin will ever go to $10k? The real invention here is the blockchain, bitcoin is just another cryptocurrency. Keep dreaming buddy, yes the few hundred or few thousand dollars you invested into bitcoin is going to set you up for life because bitcoin is going to increase 20X for no reason. This is like investing in some risky penny stock, or risky small cap stock and stating confidently that when (not even if) it goes up 20X your going to be a millionaire. Why don't you pull your money out and start investing in a real online business instead of just crossing your fingers and toes and living in fantasyland?

Maybe not just the blockchain technology but also all the money poured by VC's and also with the almost 50 Petahash/s of the cryptographic power?
Do you prefer a POW ledger for your savings, secured by #1 cryptographic power or the paper dollar issued by the FED?

We talk about something that is way much more than a speculative moove, but freedom vs slavery by debt money... but yay you got so much worthless $, same in the stock market bubble !!

PS : im not hodling right now
heytherebaby

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:57:56 PM

Maybe not just the blockchain technology but also all the money poured by VC's and also with the almost 50 Petahash/s of the cryptographic power?
Do you prefer a POW ledger for your savings, secured by #1 cryptographic power or the paper dollar issued by the FED?

We talk about something that is way much more than a speculative moove, but freedom vs slavery by debt money... but yay you got so much worthless $, same in the stock market bubble !!

I'm gonna say it. Man you are so delusional. This entire forum is probably 75% delusional. Yes my worthless $. LOL. My worthless dollars backed by the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and accepted in every single location in the USA and almost every else in the world. I wonder what percentage of retailers accept bitcoin? Ok how about in 5 years? What percentage of retailers will accept bitcoin then? Probably zero.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:05:23 PM

I'm gonna say it. Man you are so delusional. This entire forum is probably 75% delusional. Yes my worthless $. LOL. My worthless dollars backed by the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and accepted in every single location in the USA and almost every else in the world. I wonder what percentage of retailers accept bitcoin? Ok how about in 5 years? What percentage of retailers will accept bitcoin then? Probably zero.

Butthurt much?  You must have sold everything at 350ish and not bought back in yet?
sajisama

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:32:09 PM

Butthurt much?  You must have sold everything at 350ish and not bought back in yet?

Before i was cost averaging so buying on dips then i sold around 530$ and shorted at 495$, when i will see the bottom (not yet imo), i will buy back and long all the way, so no butthurt thx Wink
PS : i first bought bitcoin at 100$ (still no butthurt) and bought some today a 415$ (Bank transfer)

kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:33:13 PM

This guy's a noob. They all start out that way.

Stick around for another couple months and be amazed by bitcoin.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:35:12 PM

Butthurt much?  You must have sold everything at 350ish and not bought back in yet?

Before i was cost averaging so buying on dips then i sold around 530$ and shorted at 495$, when i will see the bottom (not yet imo), i will buy back and long all the way, so no butthurt thx Wink
PS : i first bought bitcoin at 100$ (still no butthurt) and bought some today a 415$ (Bank transfer)

Dam it seems like everyone on here bought like sub 100.  I feel like I am the only one who heard about it recently (1100 when I heard about it in late november).  Am I too late to the game  Cry
kireinaha

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:46:41 PM

Dam it seems like everyone on here bought like sub 100.  I feel like I am the only one who heard about it recently (1100 when I heard about it in late november).  Am I too late to the game  Cry

I bought my first coin at $98, but then proceeded to lose most of it by spending it and making some mediocre trades (like exchanging it for LTC and then selling it for $3 a couple weeks before it went to $40 ...doh)

The best time to plant a tree is 30 years ago. The second best time is today. -Warren Buffet

MNDan

Activity: 287
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:52:05 PM

Why don't you head on over here where you belong -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=39.0
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:59:37 PM

The best time to plant a tree is 30 years ago. The second best time is today. -Warren Buffet

The Oracle of Omaha. Beautiful really...I had not heard that particular quote..thank you.
kireinaha

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:31:42 PM

The Oracle of Omaha. Beautiful really...I had not heard that particular quote..thank you.

I think he said that quote, I'm not sure though. But either way, it's nice isn't it?  Wink

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: