This is a plan to solve a big problem everyone on Earth will soon have if we don't start working on a solution. The solution I'm looking for is technical but can quickly be calculated with pen and paper. Its a way of us observing eachother and keeping track of who can and can't be contacted, to make sure the reasons for anyone's unexpected disappearance are investigated by people we can trust in a decentralized social network. I don't expect there will be much interest in this social process until governments become more oppressive, but if they continue the same patterns they've been doing for years, it will very predictably happen. I'm not worried if people don't pay this much attention for now, since we only need a few people to do this research and have it ready when public interest in this idea increases, when its needed most to solve our common problem. For now, I'm looking for help doing this research, to find a way everyone can calculate this with pen and paper and optionally optimize the process with software doing those same calculations but more of them.
I don't feel safe anymore. The many governments of Earth are working toward centralized control of everything, a one world government run by money instead of votes. They talk about more and more often arresting people without charging them with crimes, and not making public the records of their reasons or how to legally challenge those arrests. Decentralized ways of organizing the world have come under attack mainly because they reduce our dependence on the hierarchies of control, like Bitcoin (completely peer to peer cryptocurrency) reduces our dependence on the central bank system, or like an Internet where any computer can connect directly to any other computer (instead of servers and clients) reduces our dependence on businesses that control the Internet. There are many examples. Many governments claim we don't have the right to communicate directly to eachother, but what they're really concerned about is if we can communicate then we can broadcast information about their crimes to eachother. In recent years there have been rebellions against governments that would not have happened if those governments controlled communication, but if communication and other basic rights had been respected in those countries then people wouldn't have been so angry that they tried to overthrow those governments. When governments continue claiming that we don't have the right to communicate directly to eachother, and to investigate and expose the crimes of members of government and those who influence them, they are adding fuel to the fire, motivating more and more people to try to overthrow those governments, to use communication in the ways those governments are censoring communication to try to prevent. The only solution is for most people to agree that everyone has the right to communicate directly to eachother, to investigate crimes (like stealing billions of dollars of taxpayer money or arresting without charging with a crime, not small things) of others and broadcast what they learn, and to respect eachothers' rights. Its the only path that doesn't lead to World War 3. Toward those peaceful goals, I propose the following decentralized global organization where all people (including members of governments) are welcome to join:
Its called The Decentralized Union. We have the right to form unions.
* We all have many rights, and this list is not intended to be complete, only to list enough rights that we can use them to protect our other rights.
* Until charged with a specific crime, everyone has the right to communicate directly with everyone else.
* Everyone has the right to peacefully protest about anything, but does not have the right to block the streets.
* Every member of The Decentralized Union who is arrested (or taken prisoner in any way) has the right to have all relevant authorities investigated by The Decentralized Union and the details published for everyone to see, and everyone in The Decentralized Union has the responsibility to make sure such investigations happen and the results are published for everyone to see.
* Everyone has the right to not be penalized in any way for being a member of The Decentralized Union.
* The Decentralized Union charges no money. Freedom is free. Your only payment is your help in making the system work.
* The Decentralized Union has no authority to enforce laws or punish anyone, but we all have the right to expose the crimes of others, especially crimes of members of governments and those that influence them. Since we're not enforcing laws or punishing anyone, we have no obligation to prove anything "beyond a reasonable doubt" or to other legal standards. We will leave that to the many authorities to further investigate and punish eachother after we find and broadcast evidence to everyone, including statistical evidence based on patterns of global events.
* We recognize that just because a politician signs laws or advocates certain positions that they are not necessarily working toward that and may be working toward the opposite, since others must still agree to whatever they propose and they may be trying to push it slowly in a better direction, therefore we can only understand politics and other global events through statistics and looking at overall patterns. Such politicians may benefit from our decentralized protection, since they may also feel like they're in danger from other politicians threatening them if they don't take certain political actions. Similarly, we won't take any suspicious arrest at face value, since it could have been motivated by those same patterns. For example, if I am arrested without being charged with a crime after writing this, that would probably have been motivated by criminals in government(s) not wanting this system to be created since it could expose their crimes, and the correct response to that would be many people copying this text many places and joining the decentralized organization it describes.
* We will watch eachother and keep track of who is safe and free and who can not be contacted for any reason. We will use logical systems that can be calculated with pen and paper to keep track of that as a decentralized global group, each keeping track of some small and randomly selected group of other people. We may use software to optimize our pen and paper processes, but we must always have the ability to do it on pen and paper since the Internet is under centralized control. For example, the way Bitcoin is a decentralized network of computers that agree on who has how much money and who has sent and received how much money, could be modified and used as a logical sequence of steps for us to keep track of other people in a decentralized social network. Another example is the MerkleWeb software I proposed on the Bitcoin forum, but no software created yet.
Get some ideas from these logical algorithms. I'm not proposing that we use them directly:
"MerkleWeb - statistical Godel-like secure-but-not-perfect global Turing Machine"http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53062.0http://sourceforge.net/projects/merklewebhttp://bitcoin.orghttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_intelligence
There are many possible ways for us to keep track of eachother, to protect eachother by observing eachother, and the next step is for many of us to debate how to most simply and reliably do that with pen and paper. Its a puzzle. Can we solve it?
After more and more people debate this idea and start interacting with eachother these ways, corruption in governments will extremely weaken as a decentralized many-directional bright spotlight replaces the safe darkness they've become dependent on.
All my writing, here or on any website, permission granted to copy, and specificly for The Decentralized Union, permission granted to edit and improve.