Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:03:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people deny the climate change?  (Read 2149 times)
Bogleg

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:16:22 PM

The same reason.

Why do people believe in climate change?
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:25:50 PM

Yeah, why do people do that? I mean, come on, it's a fact for christ sake!

Fact? I'm not sure. I support clean energy production and renewables. But I am pretty nihilistic about our "knowledge" of broad climate cycles. I think the study of climate change has been largely politically charged and unscientific -- and the fact is, our primitive science really cannot give us the answers you think they can.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 06:35:09 PM

Fact? I'm not sure. I support clean energy production and renewables. But I am pretty nihilistic about our "knowledge" of broad climate cycles. I think the study of climate change has been largely politically charged and unscientific -- and the fact is, our primitive science really cannot give us the answers you think they can.

Adding to that the downright space phobia some people have means that we can't simply go out and confirm our data by studying other planets, I think I'm more pissed off that the climate change debate has become that politically oriented that no real science can get done, lobbyists ruin everything in democracies, I'd accept just about any theory out there if there were evidence to back it up but unfortunately a lot of climate 'science' revolves around hysterical bullshit and then maybe one mildly convincing chart.
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966

In holiday we trust

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:54:14 PM

Because it might be the natural cycle of the planet and not some big marketing schemes to sell so called green items.
CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:04:43 PM

Because it might be the natural cycle of the planet and not some big marketing schemes to sell so called green items.

To play devil's advocate -- that's precisely the point I was trying to make earlier. It might be. So, too, we can't be sure that so-called climate change is not really happening.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:13:44 AM

oil industry has injected millions of dollars into convincing people of it. money still buys influence. most of the cilmate change deniers are republicans, and it's not by coincidence.

The OPEC lobby has injected billions of USD in to the anti-bio Diesel lobbying. And I have found that most of those people who are on their payrolls are Democrats, although some are from the GOP such as Jim Inhofe.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:30:14 AM

oil industry has injected millions of dollars into convincing people of it. money still buys influence. most of the cilmate change deniers are republicans, and it's not by coincidence.

The OPEC lobby has injected billions of USD in to the anti-bio Diesel lobbying. And I have found that most of those people who are on their payrolls are Democrats, although some are from the GOP such as Jim Inhofe.

http://home.comcast.net/~russ676/desiremore/biofuelmyths1.htm#bookmark1

5) Shills for Big Oil have infiltrated Internet comment fields

I have seen no evidence of this. On the other hand I am constantly running into Big Biofuel vested interests in comment fields.

Looks like he was spot on

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Cutie_Mari

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:39:12 AM

I think it's because they prefer not doing anything about it than helping the environment and working hard. I think it's pathetic.  Angry
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:53:02 PM

Adding to that the downright space phobia some people have means that we can't simply go out and confirm our data by studying other planets, I think I'm more pissed off that the climate change debate has become that politically oriented that no real science can get done, lobbyists ruin everything in democracies, I'd accept just about any theory out there if there were evidence to back it up but unfortunately a lot of climate 'science' revolves around hysterical bullshit and then maybe one mildly convincing chart.

What do you mean space phobia? Who's against studying other planets? Is this some sort of movement in America(I'm assuming here...)?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 09:13:07 PM

Interestingly it isn't just America responsible for this kind of ignorance for once but there are people out there who would genuinely have you believe that there is nothing of value out in space and so on with absolutely no evidence to back it up.
icey
Legendary

Activity: 1578

May the coin be with you..

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:22:23 PM

What happened to global warming?  Roll Eyes

Hmm... right here:

Another three of four decades, and many of our heritage cities such as Venice and Baton Rouge will be gone for ever.

Might want to read this..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/10294082/Global-warming-No-actually-were-cooling-claim-scientists.html
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:39:53 PM

Answer to this topic is as same as: "Why ppl mine at Ghas even tho they know they could fuck up whole network".
In short: "People are greedy morons".

They do not care about thir own children, they do not care about anyone else, anywhere else....just themselves.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:56:19 AM

Might want to check this:

phosphorush

Activity: 503

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:16:03 PM

This, it's not to deny climate change, it's to deny it's caused by humans, industrial activity. I've seen some good reasons why it may not be our fault but just Earth doing what it does.

Anyway, it's better to prevent than let it happen and even if it's not our fault it's still a problem because eventually the climate will change. We need to adapt to relatively small changes in temperature first to buy us more time to be able to control the climate.

Your account locked, please contact support.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:54:18 PM

This, it's not to deny climate change, it's to deny it's caused by humans, industrial activity. I've seen some good reasons why it may not be our fault but just Earth doing what it does.

Do you want to deny these facts?

1. The Carbon-di-Oxide levels in the atmosphere has risen by more than 50% during the last 50 years.
2. Gases like Carbon-di-Oxide and Methane causes the green house effect, which rises the surface temperature of the earth.
3. Every year, some 31 billion tonnes of Carbon-di-Oxide is released in to the atmosphere, as a result of the human activity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions
tooil

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:06:49 PM

1. The Carbon-di-Oxide levels in the atmosphere has risen by more than 50% during the last 50 years.
2. Gases like Carbon-di-Oxide and Methane causes the green house effect, which rises the surface temperature of the earth.
3. Every year, some 31 billion tonnes of Carbon-di-Oxide is released in to the atmosphere, as a result of the human activity.

Even if this is true, how do you propose solving this climate issue?

Kill 90% of the human population?
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:49:01 PM

1. It's been higher then that in the past (a long time ago)
2. There are other scientists that believe it's the other way around (Carbon-di-Oxide and Methane are the side effects not the cause)
3. Animals and especially the sea produce a lot more
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:01:03 PM

Even if this is true, how do you propose solving this climate issue?

Kill 90% of the human population?
Not enough. That is still close to a billion humans. I think we need to get rid of about 99%+. Of course, I'm not volunteering. 
This also would not stop the warming for a long time, however. And once we cross the line that releases permafrost methane or carbon out-gassing in the ocean, then there is nothing we can do.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
DodoB

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:41:04 PM

Why do people believe in the bible? It's a fact proven by physics biology and astronomy that the bible is a fairy tale yet most of the world believes it. Same thing about climate change.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:07:20 PM

Except that the natural cycle of the planet is well known and that the current changes are happening much faster.
Global temperatures are increasing when, according to Milankovitch's cycle, the temperature should actually be getting colder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: