Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 03:22:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $7 today?!!  (Read 7425 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 09:43:50 PM

I'm going to CES for a day next week.

I understand Roger Ver (MemoryDealers) is going to be there selling physical bitcoins for cash.  Since I had to drop $600 a night just to get a hotel room there - nothing on the LV strip decent available for under $400 - it's not like people there are going to be poor, nor few in numbers, nor (it being CES) will they be techno noobs.

I anticipate bringing tons of them to keep them stocked up just in case.  I will probably bring several dozen 1000 BTC bars, and numerous 25 and 100 BTC items.  Who knows what'll sell, but everything that sells is going to see an offsetting transaction on MtGox.
You're going to wait to fill the bars and coins until they are sold, I presume?  And you don't have that much BTC, so you'll buy BTC for each one that sells?

EDIT:  Just bought back in with the proceeds from my last month and a half of mining that I had been selling.  Sucks to effectively get half of the Bitcoins I sold, but I am very bearish at the moment.  We'll see...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Litt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 09:53:06 PM

I just spammed my FB hard about BTC -- 300 of the people I know best are either going to lose or win here

A few friends of mine are getting anxiously waiting right now for the dwolla deposit to show up. They have been complaining how the price have gone up so much since they decided to buy. And no I didn't let them buy my coins.  Grin

Not my problem! I've been telling them to buy since last year to take advantage of this rally in progress. Better late than never though..
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1135

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2012, 09:56:16 PM

I understand Roger Ver (MemoryDealers) is going to be there selling physical bitcoins for cash.  Since I had to drop $600 a night just to get a hotel room there - nothing on the LV strip decent available for under $400 - it's not like people there are going to be poor, nor few in numbers, nor (it being CES) will they be techno noobs.

I anticipate bringing tons of them to keep them stocked up just in case.  I will probably bring several dozen 1000 BTC bars, and numerous 25 and 100 BTC items.  Who knows what'll sell, but everything that sells is going to see an offsetting transaction on MtGox.
You're going to wait to fill the bars and coins until they are sold, I presume?  And you don't have that much BTC, so you'll buy BTC for each one that sells?

EDIT:  Just bought back in with the proceeds from my last month and a half of mining that I had been selling.  Sucks to effectively get half of the Bitcoins I sold, but I am very bearish at the moment.  We'll see...

I have 50k of mtgox USD locked and loaded, not on the order book anywhere, so I can dispense BTC based on market rates without worrying about my personal BTC or whether the rates will go up or down until then.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Mushoz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2012, 09:57:52 PM

EDIT:  Just bought back in with the proceeds from my last month and a half of mining that I had been selling.  Sucks to effectively get half of the Bitcoins I sold, but I am very bearish at the moment.  We'll see...

I have 50k of mtgox USD locked and loaded, not on the order book anywhere, so I can dispense BTC without worrying about my personal BTC.

Quick! You can still catch the rally with your 50k Grin

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 09:59:11 PM

I have 50k of mtgox USD locked and loaded, not on the order book anywhere, so I can dispense BTC based on market rates without worrying about my personal BTC or whether the rates will go up or down until then.

chain that ubikey
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 10:00:08 PM

Bit-pay is going to have a booth at CES (consumer electronic show) in Vegas next week

Wow is there a there a thread on that.  Pretty big news.
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 10:00:53 PM

Bit-pay is going to have a booth at CES (consumer electronic show) in Vegas next week

Wow is there a there a thread on that.  Pretty big news.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56706.0
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 10:05:22 PM

That's good!  That'll buy a decent amount of BTC... at least for now.  Tongue
simonk83

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 10:52:34 PM

$7 is actually looking possible today..... crazy
istar

Activity: 523
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 10:57:21 PM

prepare for lift off

$10 is easy on the horizon

Seriously?! Wow, that's one of the best spots I can image to bring this technology to the media and to more people. Loads of smart and technically inclined people, who will definitely understand this much faster and see the benefits it can bring. Kudos to Bit-Pay! Let's hope the media coverage will be good Smiley

Not sure people will care that much.

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
BrBoy (OP)

Activity: 453
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 11:22:04 PM

$7 is actually looking possible today..... crazy
In the point we are now $7 is possible today.

intersango.com and btcex.com already touched $7.
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 11:35:11 PM

6.5 - bold move
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 11:37:38 PM

TOUCHDOWN! 7!
freshzive

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 11:37:54 PM

Wow.

jothan

Activity: 184

Feel the coffee, be the coffee.

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 11:39:56 PM

TOUCHDOWN! 7!

Holy mother of elliptic cryptography !

I pussied out at 5.60 yesterday, hoping to buy back at 5.40.

Sheesh, 7.1 ATM.

Bitcoin: the only currency you can store directly into your brain.

What this planet needs is a good 0.0005 BTC US nickel.
druid

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 11:41:06 PM

Holy mother of elliptic cryptography !

I pussied out at 5.60 yesterday, hoping to buy back at 5.40.

Sheesh, 7.1 ATM.
same, Im such a noob :/
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 11:45:57 PM

it's going to be crazy ups and downs from now on

rebuy and hold 'em tight, else sharks will get all your cheap coins
BrBoy (OP)

Activity: 453

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 11:53:02 PM

That was faster!

MTGOX:   Last    7.1200
BTCEX:   Last   7.3999
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 11:53:47 PM

Haha man oh man, this shit is like christmas!
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 11:54:26 PM

Glad I bought back in then.  Smiley

The question remains, how much of this rally is simply anticipation of the CES?  How much will the price fall again after said conference is over?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: