Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:14:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: quantum computing  (Read 1260 times)
bitsmichel (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:22:06 PM

How far away is it? 5 year? 10 year? 50 years?  Smiley

blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:12:33 PM

I think it's still quite far away. Atleast for any practical uses. But I think that unless something drastic happens to our society we'll see it in our lifetimes.
jdun

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:16:50 AM

Computing with quantum mechanics? Does that mean instead of using my hand to control the mouse, I just use my mind instead? I become "one" with the computer?

You know what technology I'm excited for is invisibility cloaks, like the one Harry Potter has. How far off do you think those are? 10 years maybe?

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 01:19:28 AM

5 years tops.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
randomlove

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:54:40 AM

The problem is how do you program software for quantum computers? There's no on or off, its on, off and both all at the same time. Building a quantum computer is one thing but no one, and I mean NO ONE as a clue how to right what you would call 'software' for it due to its inherent way it works.

You know the joke? Quantum computers are all ready here! In every living organism in the UNIVERSE! Transhumanists (eugenicists) are leading you down some dark paths, you are already a quantum computer, just need realise your potential!

Those who look up are dreamers, those who look within themselves are awakened!

Peace
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:22:39 PM

Still far far FAR Away, but lets put things into perspective here, by what do you mean by quantum computing, and lets just make the comparison with regular computing here, if you mean the first Quantum calculator, we've already had those and they are developing, so we can say that today we are getting past the ENIAC stage(in comparison with classical computing) right now, we are starting to move to electromagnetic and getting close to the transistor computer, In the next 5 to 10 years we will start to see Quantum computer becoming more and more popular and laboratories and big universities and companies which will drive the software development further, Once you get the software and hardware going hands to hands, the development pace will increase pretty dramatically, so I'd see 2-3 decades before seeing data center and supercomputers based and quantum computing and another couple of decades till it becomes a general thing,
liu2014

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:44:45 PM

The problem is how do you program software for quantum computers? There's no on or off, its on, off and both all at the same time. Building a quantum computer is one thing but no one, and I mean NO ONE as a clue how to right what you would call 'software' for it due to its inherent way it works.

You know the joke? Quantum computers are all ready here! In every living organism in the UNIVERSE! Transhumanists (eugenicists) are leading you down some dark paths, you are already a quantum computer, just need realise your potential!

Peace

wtf?

quantum computing doesn't even have applicable uses for day to day people.
jparsley

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:56:04 PM

I think at least 10 years

please unban me.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:49:24 AM

Doesn't Google already have one?
blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:01:40 AM

Doesn't Google already have one?
Yes they do, but I don't know how useful it is. But there is a Quantum computer that can run Sudoku.
randomlove

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:06:28 PM

Peace

wtf?

quantum computing doesn't even have applicable uses for day to day people.

The d wave is not even a proper quantum computer! A bit of info on the problems that are still ahead! Not matter what advertisers would like you to believe true quantum computers are a fair distance away!

http://wavewatching.net/2011/12/14/time-to-start-investing-in-quantum-computing-software/

Again, without a huge understanding of quantum physics this is not easy to explain bybany means!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 12:23:28 PM

5 years tops.
What guided you to this conclusion?
I'd say 10 years minimum.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
friendly

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:40:28 PM

I'd say 5 years, but it may be 10-15 before real world use become prevalent. Or at least really useful.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 06:55:19 PM

5 years tops.
What guided you to this conclusion?
I'd say 10 years minimum.

You know, I clearly posted that a couple days ago when I was still on all inclusive vacation, but I have no memory of posting it!   Grin

I feel 5 years tops for a couple reasons.  We already have quantum computers, but just with a few q bits.  We've already achieved it, we just need to expand on it, which is easier.  Also, technology is growing exponentially.  Each year we learn more than we learned in our entire human history.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
kuroman

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:58:16 AM

http://www.futuristech.info/4/post/2014/04/quantum-computing-researchers-develop-paramount-components-logic-gate-and-switch.html

check this out
randomlove

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 04:42:23 AM

Everyone already has a quantum computer, its called.... YOU! His you think cells work? Lol

Your all going down the lucifarian path, separating body and mind which only leads too.... Well, look at mars!
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:17:46 AM

Everyone already has a quantum computer, its called.... YOU! His you think cells work? Lol

Your all going down the lucifarian path, separating body and mind which only leads too.... Well, look at mars!
Yes your right,but that won't stop technology evolving,we may be able to buy the quantum computing in less than 10 years

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kuroman

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:22:31 AM

This is wrong, it's like saying, regular cpu is composed of Atoms it means that it a quantum computer, when we talk about quantum computing we are talking about using the Quantum Mechanics principles that manifest them selves only at the atomic scale
randomlove

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:08:27 AM

This is wrong, it's like saying, regular cpu is composed of Atoms it means that it a quantum computer, when we talk about quantum computing we are talking about using the Quantum Mechanics principles that manifest them selves only at the atomic scale

You make no sense, cells work together to form macro components(cpu by your standards) per say but how the cell works you would have to look at mycillian to see how effective they actually operate. Mycillian will find the fastest, quickest and most efficient route instantly without wasting anything doing the 'wrong' things. I.e, 99% perfection.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/01/100121141051.htm

We and mushrooms are the same beings! There external, were internal. They have external intelligence! They absorb radiation, oil spills and can correct the horrors of then world. But they don't school you about that!

I never let schooling get in the way of my education - mark twain

Schooling is programming plain and simple and your been turned into sheep, sorry. Have been!
bitmaster111

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 10:13:28 AM

50 years in my country Tongue hope we will growth fast like other countries
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: