Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:03:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango- new bank account, iceberg, GTC/FOK/IOC orders and site updates  (Read 6308 times)
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 10:07:31 PM

Interesting. At least the service people where friendly to me and everything was resolved by phone quickly in my case.

If they tell me the same thing, that the address is somehow fraudulent and can't receive money (as if it's the receivers fault), I'm going to be really pissed and it also might give us some hint as to wether or not they specifically block bitcoin. That would be a biggie if we could proove that.
For me the service people were tedious. They weren't able to tell me anything about the Fraud management stuff, after being forwarded 3 times. I sent a snail mail letter of complaint asking for my customer service call costs back, and also mentioned that I would appreciate it if they could tell me more about why it was blocked. I'm still waiting for a reply.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 02:44:44 AM

Interesting. At least the service people where friendly to me and everything was resolved by phone quickly in my case.

If they tell me the same thing, that the address is somehow fraudulent and can't receive money (as if it's the receivers fault), I'm going to be really pissed and it also might give us some hint as to wether or not they specifically block bitcoin. That would be a biggie if we could proove that.
For me the service people were tedious. They weren't able to tell me anything about the Fraud management stuff, after being forwarded 3 times. I sent a snail mail letter of complaint asking for my customer service call costs back, and also mentioned that I would appreciate it if they could tell me more about why it was blocked. I'm still waiting for a reply.

Banks suck.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 02:48:20 AM

True dat. Let's convert all my money into bitcoins, and never use banks again.

Crap, my bank won't let me convert all my money into bitcoins.

nibor

Activity: 438
Merit: 291

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 10:00:30 PM

Hate to be proved correct, but looks like I was only a week out on my estimate....

Intersango seem to be unable to accept GBP payments at the moment.

I think you should assume that your Lloyds account will not last long. 1-2 months I would guess. The Branch Manager may like you as helps them hit their target for new small business accounts, but as soon as the info gets up to the Risk Management / Compliance / Money Laundering / Head Office you will be out.

You should open a few other accounts as contingencies. Maybe try http://www.bocukltd.co.uk/ or some other odd banks as none are going to be your friend.

Or maybe try some offshore accounts.

Not wanting to be a troll, and have used you to buy £150 of btc's (just in time!), but the reputational risk for the bank is significant (hit-man paid in bitcoins extracts cash through Lloyds account etc...) and the income you will generate for them will be small (relative to billion+ profits).

Good Luck - I think this is the one area that is going to be very hard for bitcoin.

ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 07:47:09 AM

Hate to be proved correct, but looks like I was only a week out on my estimate....

Intersango seem to be unable to accept GBP payments at the moment.

I think you should assume that your Lloyds account will not last long. 1-2 months I would guess. The Branch Manager may like you as helps them hit their target for new small business accounts, but as soon as the info gets up to the Risk Management / Compliance / Money Laundering / Head Office you will be out.

You should open a few other accounts as contingencies. Maybe try http://www.bocukltd.co.uk/ or some other odd banks as none are going to be your friend.

Or maybe try some offshore accounts.

Not wanting to be a troll, and have used you to buy £150 of btc's (just in time!), but the reputational risk for the bank is significant (hit-man paid in bitcoins extracts cash through Lloyds account etc...) and the income you will generate for them will be small (relative to billion+ profits).

Good Luck - I think this is the one area that is going to be very hard for bitcoin.

I think we should all move to a new approach, a new software/site, based on something like Dark-Exchange integrated with Bitcoin-OTC integrated with Bitcoin Client integrated with some social network, maybe Diaspora.

So, everybody will be able to buy/sell Bitcoins and use their own bank accounts. Ending the problem of exchangers being unable to work with banks after some time.

How long will take for U.S. gov try to take down the Bitcoin traders (a.k.a. MtGox/TradeHill/CryptoXchange)?

We need a easy way to bring regular people to the trading environment. People as mini-mtgoxes around the world...

Cheers,
Thiago
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 10:23:24 PM

Intersango seem to be unable to accept GBP payments at the moment

Intersango posted more information:
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=58731.0

Unichange.me