Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CEX.IO  (Read 1515 times)
mezmerizer9 (OP)

Activity: 782
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:29:20 PM

Hi! I've registered at CEX.IO some time ago and I have about 0.3GHS and it's mining very slow. So how can I get some bitcoins to buy some more GHS? Any suggestions? Also donations are very appreciated. Thank you.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████?7?3████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution       

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation 

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:17:53 PM

Buy it with cash at localbitcoins.com, a site like coinbase, or buy a physical miner and mine bitcoins. TO get bitcoins you need cash.
byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:06:09 AM

Hi! I've registered at CEX.IO some time ago and I have about 0.3GHS and it's mining very slow. So how can I get some bitcoins to buy some more GHS? Any suggestions? Also donations are very appreciated. Thank you.

Also, I suggest you don't mine on cex.io, since it is highly unprofitable and nearly impossible to break even.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:42:34 AM

Also, I suggest you don't mine on cex.io, since it is highly unprofitable and nearly impossible to break even.

This. Just buy and 'hodl'. Trust me it'll work out better for you in the end - unless you're willing to sit at your computer all day and daytrade for a few cents you're going to lose money. Just get a job and invest some of your earnings into BTC.
247crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:44:16 AM

Any suggestions? Also donations are very appreciated. Thank you.

Mine scrypt coins.

jdun

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:10:02 AM

Do you have a cloud mining site you would recommend that one could actually make a profit from?

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62
tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 05:35:05 AM

Do you have a cloud mining site you would recommend that one could actually make a profit from?
Cex is prob the best out there and it's not gonna be profitable... I mine for the love of mining not for profit.  If you want to mine get some hardware and mine the cloud services are all ripoffs.

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
247crypto

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:45:24 AM

the cloud services are all ripoffs.

mmm, no

tripppn

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 05:52:43 AM

Ya... that op is way too intense for my brain right now  Roll Eyes

Edit:

Went through it the best I could.  You can't say this isn't a rip off cause its mining an altcoin which are attached to btc and all that does is add a second level of volatility to the cloudmining game making it even more of a gamble then every other cloudmining service.  I like mining alts but only to an extent of having some lying around in case a coin explodes... I look at them as lotto tickets.

I will give them this... Awesome idea and well executed.

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:05:07 AM

Do some math.  The scale is linear ... how long is it going to take to get your BTC back?   Ever?   The tiny amount of bitcoin you are getting will be less all the time ... as the pool size grows your reward goes down.   

If you really want to get BTC from mining, mine scrypt.   I recommend scrypt.cc.   The growth of the network and pool are much more spread out and you can really actually make some Bitcoin.   When I left CEX.io I was down by .5 BTC.   Now I'm ahead about 3.2 BTC in a couple of months.   

At CEX.io, you have to trade to make money and now you'll have to pay to trade.   It isn't worth it, go west to scrypt mining.    At least do yourself a favor and look at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=444495.0.   Any you don't have to use a referral link to join unless you want to.   Anyway there are many people starting out there with tiny amounts.   

I put my 13 year old son there (with a little help) and he making something like .0008 BTC/day now.   He got a big boost from selling some faircoin. 
harkonnen

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:13:18 AM

Just buy bitcoins from other exchanges like coinbase.com
I think it's good time to buy GHS. It's about $4 per 1GHS, not bad, considering best miner out there is about $3 per GHS.
But commission/fee is high, so owning your own hardware is more profitable. But there are cases owning miners is not feasible. And if you still want to mine, then cloudhasing is the only way.

Below is screenshot of my account.

I used mine about 0.1 BTC a day, but it returns lower. My estimate of ROI is 7 to 9 months.

Cointerra delivered 1000 TerraMiners few weeks ago. That's 1.6TH x 1000, about 6% of total hashing power. And pre-order of May batch is already sold-out and they are selling June batch (I order this one). So expect much lower return.

But do not lose heart. Think long term, 20-30 years. Then you will see mining *is* profitable. And all alt-coins are poops.
harkonnen

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:26:35 AM

Just buy bitcoins from other exchanges like coinbase.com
I think it's good time to buy GHS. It's about $4 per 1GHS, not bad, considering best miner out there is about $3 per GHS.
But commission/fee is high, so owning your own hardware is more profitable. But there are cases owning miners is not feasible. And if you still want to mine, then cloudhasing is the only way.

Below is screenshot of my account.

I used mine about 0.1 BTC a day, but it returns lower. My estimate of ROI is 7 to 9 months.

Cointerra delivered 1000 TerraMiners few weeks ago. That's 1.6TH x 1000, about 6% of total hashing power. And pre-order of May batch is already sold-out and they are selling June batch (I order this one). So expect much lower return.

But do not lose heart. Think long term, 20-30 years. Then you will see mining *is* profitable. And all alt-coins are poops.

To give some more details, I started with 5 GHS.
And I put some bitcoins to 1130 GHS in Mar 1, 2014. I've been reinvesting mined bitcoins back to GHS everyday.
And as of now, I have 1535 GHS. So I made about 400 GHS last month. I hope to keep this number, but unlikely.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:33:46 PM

I don't know how profitable is it..

just buy coins and hold them, mining bitcoins isn't profitable, now litecoins perhaps.. Wink

altcoinkid

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:20:10 PM

I put a small test amount on there to test but unfortunately it was below the necessary amount to buy GHash and too little to withdraw as well. Now I dont want to put anymore on there because it turns out cloud mining is a losing proposition long term for miners.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:51:34 PM

their registration is so  fu*ked up..

I waited for the confirmation e-mail for hours and now I'm waiting for the SMS code to cofirm my phone number again -.-

byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:05:12 AM

I put a small test amount on there to test but unfortunately it was below the necessary amount to buy GHash and too little to withdraw as well. Now I dont want to put anymore on there because it turns out cloud mining is a losing proposition long term for miners.

Did you seriously put less than 0.001BTC to "test"Huh That is nowhere enough, you cannot buy 1GH@0.001BTC anywhere.
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:45:34 AM

Not true, but it depends on where you are mining and what you are mining.   Mining bitcoin at CEX.io is a losing long term proposition.   
Rulishix

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:49:49 AM

Cloud mining is very profitable if you do it right. Cloud mining at cex.io is wrong. Very wrong. It should be illegal.
tripppn

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 03:11:58 PM

Cloud mining is very profitable if you do it right. Cloud mining at cex.io is wrong. Very wrong. It should be illegal.
How can it be profitable?  What would you use?

― Frank Zappa
Kiki112

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:48:57 PM

I still haven't gotten the confirmation code by SMS Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: