Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:09:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What if...  (Read 816 times)
semaforo (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:15:17 PM

....the US dollar is the Mt. Gox of fiat currencies...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JonBosco

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:45:31 PM

I don't get it. This isn't a hypothetical...
semaforo (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:55:32 PM

omehenk

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:15:29 AM

WE all click on the  "Ignore button "

lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:17:14 AM

when fed took control of dollar its not if anymore

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:16:52 AM

Too many ignorant people these days. If US$ collapses like the way MtGox did (and, by the way, you ALL know that MtGox was a fraud, right?), then you will see economic calamity the world has never seen before. There are NO other currencies that can take the place of US$. Euro comes close but it still cannot fulfull the role of the World's reserve currency. Do you want China's Yuan/Renminbi to replace the US$? Please, people. China will take the mantle of the Pax Americana soon enough. Pax Chinois, anyone?
jdun

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:14:40 PM

....the US dollar is the Mt. Gox of fiat currencies...

I thought OIL was the Gox of fiat? I still feel like I'm taking it up the ass every time I fill up my gas tank.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62
semaforo (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:36:29 PM

People really have deep emotional connections to their currencies- I guess people do love money.
semaforo (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:28:09 PM

Too many ignorant people these days. If US$ collapses like the way MtGox did (and, by the way, you ALL know that MtGox was a fraud, right?), then you will see economic calamity the world has never seen before. There are NO other currencies that can take the place of US$. Euro comes close but it still cannot fulfull the role of the World's reserve currency. Do you want China's Yuan/Renminbi to replace the US$? Please, people. China will take the mantle of the Pax Americana soon enough. Pax Chinois, anyone?

I realize the time scale is much larger. Mount gox was the standard in the bitcoin sphere for a couple years- the dollar for 70 years. The Mt. Gox failure played out over several months, from the first signs to the final shutdown, which was accompanied by a decline on the exchange. Mt. Gox also abused their position as the dominant force in bitcoin trading to take advantage of the people they were dealing with.

China's economy is so tied to the US economy- and even the EU, another main market for Chinese exports, is totally dependent on the US as an export market- if the US economy truly collapsed, China would go with it, because the EU would collapse and the Chinese government too, as a result. A collapse of the Chinese economy- imagine 40% unemployment due to lack of demand for exports, would probably result in a popular uprising, possibly enable local uprisings in Tibet and Xinjiang, and result in a redrawing of boundaries in China.

The US is specialized as the military/police force of the planet. The security that maintains the stability of the international system allows the corrupt regimes of every nation to profit- this security is why Europe can have such an extensive social system, without having to worry about defending themselves. This public service, whether you want it or not, is what is really backing the US dollar, and why it can be expanded so much. This is why the US can run a perpetual trade deficit.

semaforo (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:28:43 PM

People really have deep emotional connections to their currencies- I guess people do love money.

i love money very much bcoz i done my all basic need and its very important for survive

If you want you can go to the Amazon and meet some people who live without money.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: