Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:06:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nobel Prize in Economics  (Read 1641 times)
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 04:28:56 AM

I've read it.  I've reconsidered my stance.  And I am still firmly convinced that John Nash Senior is not Satoshi.

Once again - a brilliant analyst and probably right about the future of money with various currencies in competition with each other.  But not the programmer who put Bitcoin together. 

Programming is not easy to pick up and Bitcoin is not the work of a beginner.  Note even a brilliant beginner. 

I don't think Satoshi would get as many things right about the future of money as Nash did.  But I don't think Nash could have programmed it like Satoshi did either.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:02:44 AM

Award Satoshi the Nobel Prize in economics, that 'll flush him out!  Tongue

That seems like a good nomination we will have Gavin pick it up though ha-ha

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
jtsnau

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:26:14 AM

Yeah, and let's not forget a certain Adolf Hitler was nominated for the peace prize as well. The peace prize has never had any credibility IMO.

They have no control over who is nominated, so that shouldn't be used to tarnish their image.

Having said that, their choice of 'winners' in recent years has made the Nobel Peace Price a joke.

The Nobel Committee should return to it's roots of just awarding prizes for science (and Economics is hardly a science).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: