Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:59:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mjcmurfy is an interesting person  (Read 2006 times)
ineededausername (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 04:54:38 AM

Hi mjcmurfy, I want to point some things out.  These quotes shall explain everything.

A few months ago, mjcmurfy was decrying the evils of speculation:

Your "speculation" is destroying the long term feasibility of bitcoin. We are just coming out of a massive speculative bubble and you all just keep going without batting an eyelid. How many times do you have to get burned before you learn that speculation is not going to get you anywhere? It contributes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the bitcoin economy, it is a simple matter of spinning numbers around all day, and getting lucky when you serendipitously manage to spin your numbers that little bit better than others. And for what? A measly 0.5% or thereabouts? It's a joke.

I have the right to come in here and point out how stupid your behavior is, because you are ruining this project for the rest of us with your greed and short term profit motives. You have no idea what you are talking about, yet still manage to spew an endless supply of bullshit and misinformation.

Forget MtGox, forget tradehill. Get your bitcoins by mining them or providing goods/services in return for them. That is the only productive way to grow the bitcoin economy. Speculation is a zero sum game, and taking money from unsuspecting, gullible people is not morally justifiable. Therefore, I have ZERO time for speculators, except of course to lambast them.

The sad thing is, I see very little evidence of anybody here making decent returns from it. Why are you all so willing to hand your money over to people who are much smarter than you? These people couldn't even be bothered to post here and thank all you all for being such good lemmings.

You people contribute absolutely nothing. All you want is short term gains, and you don't give a shit how you get there.
If it means you take the whole bitcoin project down with you, so be it.

I need to get a life? Take a long hard look in the mirror.

Shortly thereafter, mjcmurfy began to speculate, but did not admit to acting on his hunches yet.

Look at the MACD. It's signaling a huge drop. The RSI is just about to touch 30, and momentum is -1. I'm not normally the biggest fan of technicals, but I honestly can't see how the price could manage a successful rally back to $3 under these circumstances.

Maybe in the medium to long term, but there is no reason whatsoever for the price to rise again in the short term.
Real demand is non existent. The only people buying right now are speculators who don't know what they are doing.

The only way the price will rise is if someone takes a huge gamble and buys a LOT of coins to start a momentum move.
It won't be real, and will quickly deflate again.
That's why it is not going to happen.

mjcmurfy begins speculating!

I'm glad I got back in at $2.20! Cheesy

mjcmurfy earns 95% off the backs of those whom he used to call "good lemmings"

I bought at $2.20, and sold again at $4.30. I was more than happy for someone else to take it from there.
95% profit. Wishing for >100% would just be greedy. Whoever bought those coins off me for $4.30, I apologize. Cheesy

What changed, mjcmurfy?

(BFL)^2 < 0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 05:08:37 AM

Hi mjcmurfy, I want to point some things out.  These quotes shall explain everything.

What changed, mjcmurfy?

lol...looks like he was complaining his sails were no good and everyone else's sails were also no good, and the sail designers are retarded, then the wind started blowing.
ineededausername (OP)

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 05:11:36 AM

What changed, mjcmurfy?

lol...looks like he was complaining his sails were no good and everyone else's sails were also no good, and the sail designers are retarded, then the wind started blowing.

Hahahaha, well put.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 12:59:31 PM

Hi mjcmurfy, I want to point some things out.  These quotes shall explain everything.

What changed, mjcmurfy?

Hahahaha, well put.

Reminds me of an anecdote Christopher Hitchens used to tell, of a Navy officer cadet giving an exam and asked: Suppose you're the captain of a tall ship and the wind is blowing you towards the rocks. "I'd ask for more sails" he replied. "All right," says the examiner, "but now there's more wind blowing your ship towards them". "More sails!" says the candidate. This went on for a while until the exasperated examiner barks: "Where exactly are you getting all these sails from, son?"... "The same place you get all that wind, sir!"

There are no bitcoin bears in this forum, only people who want to buy more BTC for less. When was the last time you joined a forum on a topic you think is destined to fail?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 01:47:46 PM

When was the last time you joined a forum on a topic you think is destined to fail?

Last time I listened to those retarded SA goons...
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 02:35:34 PM

Destined to fail ?

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2012, 02:50:14 PM

There are no bitcoin bears in this forum, only people who want to buy more BTC for less. When was the last time you joined a forum on a topic you think is destined to fail?

I'm with teflone, destined to fail?  I was bearish during the crash, but being bearish hardly means "thinks its going to fail". 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: