Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:41:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Special Ops Surge: America’s Secret War in 134 Countries  (Read 2375 times)
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:34:41 PM

They operate in the green glow of night vision in Southwest Asia and stalk through the jungles of South America.  They snatch men from their homes in the Maghreb and shoot it out with heavily armed militants in the Horn of Africa.  They feel the salty spray while skimming over the tops of waves from the turquoise Caribbean to the deep blue Pacific.  They conduct missions in the oppressive heat of Middle Eastern deserts and the deep freeze of Scandinavia.  All over the planet, the Obama administration is waging a secret war whose full extent has never been fully revealed — until now....
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/04/nick-turse/the-special-ops-surge
In his blueprint for the future, SOCOM 2020, Admiral McRaven has touted the globalization of U.S. special ops as a means to “project power, promote stability, and prevent conflict.”  Last year, SOCOM may have done just the opposite in 134 places.

The U.S.A. cannot afford to pay for this much longer, and we shouldn't be doing it in the first place, imo.
What do you think?

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:13:39 AM

In his blueprint for the future, SOCOM 2020, Admiral McRaven has touted the globalization of U.S. special ops as a means to “project power, promote stability, and prevent conflict.”....
So....

THAT'S why they've been practicing on all us US Citizens!

No, wait.  That was the Johnny-Soldier wanna be guys, the fake tough guys on the swat teams that break down the doors and do druggie busts.

I think what he's actually talking about is some kind of mercenary mindset.  Maybe a country buys some fighter jets from us, they are our "friend", and we help their leaders out with some special-ops jobs on their enemies.

Maybe they could be sent out on missions from the UN against those nasty climate change deniers?

LOL...
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:08:18 AM

lol.. and they are accusing Russia of invading Ukraine. The US is a curse to the humanity... it is just like a cancer.
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:43:15 AM

We are everywhere.
You are either with us or against us.  Shocked

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:28:44 AM

We are everywhere.

I hope in the future a powerful rival to the US will use such drones to launch rockets targeting the American civilian population.
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:32:09 AM

We are everywhere.

I hope in the future a powerful rival to the US will use such drones to launch rockets targeting the American civilian population.

No thanks.
We seek peaceful solutions.  Smiley

Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:13:03 AM

We are everywhere.

WTF?

Well, otoh, there no need for a "powerful rival". I'm sure those Bundy ranch "patriots" that belong to militias, are at least being watched by drones

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:16:18 AM

Killing innocent people is never an acceptable option.

Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 10:35:32 AM

We are everywhere.

Bryant, I am disappointed with your answer.  I'll fix it for you:

I hope in the future a powerful rival to the US will use such drones to launch rockets targeting the American drones.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 11:38:34 AM

We are everywhere.

I never understood that, even with 9/11. Why go after the US citizens? Why not hit the government who is responsible for it all?

Sure, the US citizens are stupid sheep that follow what the government says, but by targeting them you just allow the government to manipulate them into giving up even more power to their handlers. Thus you get things like drones and secret militaries because the government is "protecting us" from further attacks on citizens.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 11:57:43 AM

I never understood that, even with 9/11. Why go after the US citizens? Why not hit the government who is responsible for it all?

Because the US attacks their rival citizens, and not the rival governments. Take the case of Russia for example.

After US invaded Afghanistan in 2001, they legalized the production of Opium poppy in Central and South Afghanistan. Then they helped the smugglers in exporting the hash and heroin to Iran and Russia, so that the young generation in those countries become hooked to the drugs. Afghan drugs have killed millions of young Russians. In Iran also, hundreds of thousands of young people have died.

So, if I were the Russian president, and if my armed forces were as powerful as the American ones, I'll be definitely targeting the American civilian population. Tit for tat.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:54:14 PM

Because the US attacks their rival citizens, and not the rival governments. Take the case of Russia for example.

After US invaded Afghanistan in 2001, they legalized the production of Opium poppy in Central and South Afghanistan. Then they helped the smugglers in exporting the hash and heroin to Iran and Russia, so that the young generation in those countries become hooked to the drugs. Afghan drugs have killed millions of young Russians. In Iran also, hundreds of thousands of young people have died.

So, if I were the Russian president, and if my armed forces were as powerful as the American ones, I'll be definitely targeting the American civilian population. Tit for tat.
I honestly don't like your rhetoric, but even being from an US vassal allied country, I see your point. Even in Western Europe countries  that lived with Soviet nukes pointed at their heads, the patience is running out.

Aren't US drone operators part of "we, the people"? When there was some poll asking if Iraq should be invaded, wasn't it "we the people" that voted yes?

At this stage, if SHTF in USA, I barely care.

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 02:32:29 PM

...and mere seconds later an old granny in a corn field explodes into a zillion little red bits.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:55:23 PM

I honestly don't like your rhetoric, but even being from an US vassal allied country, I see your point. Even in Western Europe countries  that lived with Soviet nukes pointed at their heads, the patience is running out.

Most of the people in Western Europe can differentiate the truth from media propaganda. For example, check the public reaction to the recent Ukraine events.

Aren't US drone operators part of "we, the people"? When there was some poll asking if Iraq should be invaded, wasn't it "we the people" that voted yes?

Unfortunately, the American public seems to be easily brainwashed by the media propaganda. Iraq, Kosovo, Ukraine.etc are just a few examples.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:40:44 PM

Most of the people in Western Europe can differentiate the truth from media propaganda. For example, check the public reaction to the recent Ukraine events.

Unfortunately, the American public seems to be easily brainwashed by the media propaganda. Iraq, Kosovo, Ukraine.etc are just a few examples.
Most people in Europe seem to be easily brainwashed by the media propaganda.

Just look at how they lined up to see the Savior Obama in 2008.

Most of the people in the US can differentiate the truth from media propaganda.  Just look at their reaction to Savior Obama's rants about invading Syria.
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:46:16 PM

Most of the people in the US can differentiate the truth from media propaganda....

Most of the people in the USA are undereducated and believe the nightly news is real......sorry.
We need hope based on reality, and our starting point is not good.

Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:57:36 PM

too expensive, USA can't afford spending so much money on the military anymore..

the question is how high price to put on peace? Cheesy
but as this isn't really making peace, simply save money Cheesy

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:59:46 PM

too expensive, USA can't afford spending so much money on the military anymore..

May be. The Iraq war cost them more than 1 trillion USD. That alone forms a significant part of the total national debt of the US ($ 17 trillion). Add the expenses from other wars (Kosovo, Syria, Afghanistan.etc), and we can see that war expenses account for a large part of the US national debt.
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 10:12:22 PM

American UAV over Dnepr river in Dnepropetrovsk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRxoqJUt0gw

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 12:14:17 PM

I honestly don't like your rhetoric, but even being from an US vassal allied country, I see your point. Even in Western Europe countries  that lived with Soviet nukes pointed at their heads, the patience is running out.

At this stage, if SHTF in USA, I barely care.
Thats funny, you think we still have a representative government. Why attack the perpetrators when you can attack civilians that they don't give a shit about? It is much easier, the US government has been doing it for years. Join their ranks and show them how wrong they are by emulating their behavior!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: