Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:55:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs USD!  (Read 1154 times)
dannyspk (OP)

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:30:28 PM

So, friend and I were discussing and more like obsessing over the fact that our little minds can predict what Bitcoin would be like in the future. You go to these Bitcoin conferences and you meet people who are strong advocates of Bitcoin (myself) and how we spread a little seed in future prospective Bitcoiners that it could be or at least trying to be the currency of the future. You see comparing it to payment systems like PayPal or Western Union or bank transfers doesn't make entirely cause the true motive of Bitcoin is to be the $!

Now that we have $ in our minds, please just take a minute to think how important really the $ is! Our concern was and we thought it should be a good discussion is that, how far do you think the governments of the world will be willing to go to save the integrity of the $ or fiat? I'm talkin long term here. 20-30 years and assuming the movement is still alive then.
rudius

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:37:15 PM

So, friend and I were discussing and more like obsessing over the fact that our little minds can predict what Bitcoin would be like in the future. You go to these Bitcoin conferences and you meet people who are strong advocates of Bitcoin (myself) and how we spread a little seed in future prospective Bitcoiners that it could be or at least trying to be the currency of the future. You see comparing it to payment systems like PayPal or Western Union or bank transfers doesn't make entirely cause the true motive of Bitcoin is to be the $!

Now that we have $ in our minds, please just take a minute to think how important really the $ is! Our concern was and we thought it should be a good discussion is that, how far do you think the governments of the world will be willing to go to save the integrity of the $ or fiat? I'm talkin long term here. 20-30 years and assuming the movement is still alive then.

Wow, as far as they feel the need too. Don t fool yourself. The control of the currency is their control on the world. Bankers and government will never let it happened or moreover they will do their best to keep it.
Look at the quantitative easing done since 2008. It s pure madness to save them.

That said, i really think that a crypto will slowly take over, like $ is slowly loosing his value (well there are 4 times more $ today than in 2008, so in reality $ is worth nothing, but we don t feel that yet Smiley )
Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:59:16 PM

in reality $ is worth nothing, but we don t feel that yet Smiley )

I disagree, my calculations bring the value of the dollar into the 1.8 cents range (in 2000 PPP)

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:12:29 PM

As long as countries exist they'll be paying their workers in their local currencies and demanding taxes in their local currencies. Those are customarily quite large markets with motivated users.

Zule

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:16:26 PM

As long as countries exist they'll be paying their workers in their local currencies and demanding taxes in their local currencies. Those are customarily quite large markets with motivated users.
Countries dont pay workers, employers do. And employers and workers can choose how they want to be payed. Some people are payed in btc for some time now.
dannyspk (OP)

Activity: 341

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:20:15 PM

Countries dont pay workers, employers do. And employers and workers can choose how they want to be payed. Some people are payed in btc for some time now.

In which countries exactly?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:22:26 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 09:33:45 PM by gentlemand

I don't know which country you're residing in, but here in the UK 18.8 per cent of the work force is employed in the public sector. In certain regions over half of the local population's wages are paid by government money.

If you take into account the amount of people on pensions and on unemployment/disability etc then private employees are probably in the minority.
Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:23:04 PM

Ireland has a company that pays people in BTC.

jdun

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:45:15 AM

You know the interesting thing to me is that some of the recent polls show less than 50% of Americans even know what bitcoin is. And only a fraction of those 50% have invested in bitcoin. That means there is still a HUGE potential market for future investors. Bitcoin is still in the beginning stages. I'm investing now before the polls show 98% of Americans know what bitcoin is, because by that time bitcoin price will probably be 10x higher.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:05:00 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2014, 06:55:33 AM by knightcoin

and one day we will see a mention about bitcoin at page ....

History of the Internet - Internet history timeline
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet

Grin

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:15:19 AM

You know that argument about reducing our reliance on oil and no longer contributing to fund oil wars? The same can (and should) be said about reducing our reliance on a single one world currency (USD) and no longer contributing to fund bank heists and lining wall street's or psychopathic governments' pockets by looting citizens.

It should be a no brainer. Adopting it will maintain its value unto itself.

I fully anticipate bitcoin becoming more pervasive in the coming couple of years and I have, just in the short time I've gotten more familiar with it, every intention of investing fully. If it was possible today to make sure all our needs could be met via bitcoin, I'd switch without hesitation and never look back. My financial goals changed considerably having learned about bitcoin and its potential (cryptocurrency in general really) and the plans have shifted to begin as of now transitioning as exclusively to using bitcoin as is possible in this current climate. Any extraneous cash that comes in will be exchanged.

The more we do this across the world, the more secure our worlds will become.

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
rudius

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:45:34 AM

You know the interesting thing to me is that some of the recent polls show less than 50% of Americans even know what bitcoin is. And only a fraction of those 50% have invested in bitcoin. That means there is still a HUGE potential market for future investors. Bitcoin is still in the beginning stages. I'm investing now before the polls show 98% of Americans know what bitcoin is, because by that time bitcoin price will probably be 10x higher.

You are being pessimistic there. Add the fact that PBOC estimate chinese have 6000 billion$ of investment outside china. The potential for the crypto world is huge, explosif. Only a potential by now Smiley

You shouldn t think just about american people. It s a world wide mouvement.
Tugbit

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:26:31 AM

Holland.

One can pay for gas & electricity in BTC also http://www.energienieuws.info/2014/03/energiebedrijf-bas-accepteert-bitcoin.html
GreenDude

Activity: 531

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 10:12:26 PM

Bricso will rule the world
chairforce1

Activity: 316

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 10:39:44 PM

I say we band together and light the internet on fire.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. #yolo

-Epicuru$
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: